• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

StarCraft 2 Beta |OT| (Beta Now Reopen, GL HF)

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Trasher said:
Should we post what race we are in the check-in thread?

Sure, either when you're checking in or during the results of your first matchup.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
TurtleSnatcher said:
I'm predicting Vautrin/Valenti/Panda as winner of tourney :)
:D
nah, mila all the way. he's always had my number.

everyone will be lurking each other in gaffights now. :lol

JWong

Banned
Holy crap, I'm watching the Team Liquid final.

TheLittleOne is brilliant. WhiteRa actually copied TheLittleOne's tactic in order to beat him for the first game, but TheLittleOne played brilliantly in the second one.

Final Outcome Spoiler
Damn, TheLittleOne lost. 8(

Ozorov

JWong said:
Holy crap, I'm watching the Team Liquid final.

TheLittleOne is brilliant. WhiteRa actually copied TheLittleOne's tactic in order to beat him for the first game, but TheLittleOne played brilliantly in the second one.

TheLittleOne plays absolutley awesome

Milabrega

Pandaman said:
gonna be awesome fighting mila in winners finals. :p

Na man, I'm not getting past Vautrin, he got that 1v1 platinum style. If I roll the wrong race on Steppes its already over.

Though random vs. random winners final would be awesome. My roads looking very tough.

I'ma predict winners bracket quarter finals come down to:

Pandaman vs Hazard and Procarbine vs DemiMatt

Valenti gets to beat up on Shagg and Hobert in the first two rounds, sorry guys but its true :lol

Vautrin plays Random as well.

I'm honestly putting tons of munnies under Vautrins corner. The dudes a beast. If you let Valenti cook up in his base he can be deadly as well.

JWong

Banned
I think people played Valenti a lot and knows his strat. He might have to change up from his usual, but it is still powerful.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Terproerg said:
well i see no one expects me to do anything lol.
i expect to fight you in semi's. >_>

and probably lose. :lol

apparently i need to see vautrin play some more though, people are getting me scurred.

Pandaman said:
i expect to fight you in semi's. >_>

and probably lose. :lol

apparently i need to see vautrin play some more though, people are getting me scurred.
Vauts like top 10 Platinum 1v1 :lol have fun with that! :p

He's also my 2's partner.. good stuff ;)

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
TurtleSnatcher said:
Vauts like top 10 Platinum 1v1 :lol have fun with that! :p

He's also my 2's partner.. good stuff ;)
who isnt your 2s partner? :lol

i think me versus terp is currently 2:1 in his favour, but its been a few weeks.

Pandaman said:
I'd have liked to run into valenti in this but if he's fighting turtle first, sorry my moneys on the turtle. :p
The other day valenti wanted to play a 1v1 so I asked him how good he was (I suck, didn't wanna waste my time) so he was like "oh I'm new to StarCraft and just learning the ropes), so I was like sure.

Next thing I know, I'm owned and wasted 20 minutes of my life.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
The Lamonster said:
The other day valenti wanted to play a 1v1 so I asked him how good he was (I suck, didn't wanna waste my time) so he was like "oh I'm new to StarCraft and just learning the ropes), so I was like sure.

its those damn planetary fortresses. :lol

Meeru

Banned
The Lamonster said:

:lol one down several more to go

Ashhong

ffuuucking reapers man. just played this game where it was 2v1 after taking out a base, and then the dude basically beat both of us with a pair of reapers vs my zealot army. annoying as hell those things

would someone like to join my losing streak?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Banshee buff makes me want to quit zerg.

Go mila! I am rooting for you from the sidelines.

Trasher too, although there's a good chance you'll bump into each other.

Terproerg

i have no idea what race to play for 1v1 :\.

when i did the placement matches a few days ago, i lost em all by self killing my my main building at the starts. Sure confused who i was playin vs. But now i gotta work my way up.

JWong

Banned
Halycon said:
Banshee buff makes me want to quit zerg.

Go mila! I am rooting for you from the sidelines.

Trasher too, although there's a good chance you'll bump into each other.
If banelings could fly...

Oh I wish they brought back the scourge.

Trasher

Terproerg said:
when i did the placement matches a few days ago, i lost em all by self killing my my main building at the starts. Sure confused who i was playin vs. But now i gotta work my way up.
Why did you do that??

DaveKap

Banned
Trasher said:
Why did you do that??
I don't know about him, but I know I purposely lost my placement matches because on the first go-around, I was placed too high and proceeded to lose any match that wasn't against a copper. This time, I made sure I got into copper first and I feel like I'm playing people more evenly matched with me. Plus, by winning these matches I actually feel like I'm getting somewhere instead of just being sunk lower and lower on a ladder.

Not that I really care about the ladder; I'm just less interested in playing if I have to use everyone's perfect strategy to maybe win. I'm much more interested in maybe winning through sheer fun ideas.

hobart

haha... no worries! I know exactly what I am (for now!). But Team Hobart is gonna SHOCK THE WORLD (and only be kinda bad... not completely bad).

Side note: val and I still need a rematch from last night ;) Who we face? Demi and ??? -- our Korean friend?!

JWong

Banned
DaveKap said:
I don't know about him, but I know I purposely lost my placement matches because on the first go-around, I was placed too high and proceeded to lose any match that wasn't against a copper. This time, I made sure I got into copper first and I feel like I'm playing people more evenly matched with me. Plus, by winning these matches I actually feel like I'm getting somewhere instead of just being sunk lower and lower on a ladder.

Not that I really care about the ladder; I'm just less interested in playing if I have to use everyone's perfect strategy to maybe win. I'm much more interested in maybe winning through sheer fun ideas.
I dunno about 1v1, but 2v2 places me against platinum players. I'm copper.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Cheeto said:
Anyone playing their tourny game now? Can I spec?
CHEETO LETS DO THIS

scott-pilgrim.jpg

Top Bottom