• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

StarCraft 2 Beta |OT| (Beta Now Reopen, GL HF)

Calavera520 said:
the interview is pretty funny. When asked if people will like this mod the answer is "smart people will"

So, the rest of us non pro gamers (who have real jobs) and just want to play starcraft 2 "vanilla" version are a bunch of idiots?
Only idiots enjoy improvements and fun.

The Lamonster said:
Only idiots enjoy improvements and fun.

ha, yes how dare we have fun playing games

also, hellion as light-biological, umm... I mean i get that it's the firebat replacement but it's still a vehicle that drives around faster than other bio units.

DaveKap

Banned
The Lamonster said:
I wonder if the Tauren Marine will be available in the Galaxy Editor...
blizzard_aprilfools_marine.jpg
Man, I wish the units and buildings were still this colorful. :(

zoukka

Played probably my most confident matches just now. Didn't stutter or supply cap myself, had a clear vision to what to do by scouting info. This game still is A LOT to handle for a newb like me, but I managed to rise to top-8 in my crap division.

Except my final game in which I spammed speedlings against protoss and got confused from seeing my first High Templar spam. They annihilated my lings and hydras... and because some of the psi storms hit my brains I didn't tech any air and he just trumped me with templars and mass zealots...

Minsc

Gold Member
I don't think anyone directly put the newest patch notes from last night in this thread, so here they are!

Balance Changes

TERRAN

Banshee

The health has been increased from 130 to 140.

Missile Turret

The damage has been changed from 7+7 armored to 12.

Thor

Anti-Air damage has been decreased from 10+6 light to 8+4 light.
Anti-Air attack now deals splash damage in a 0.5 radius.

PROTOSS

High Templar

The Psi Storm radius has been decreased from 2 to 1.5.

Photon Cannon

Life and Shield values have been increased from 125/125 to 150/150.

ZERG

Broodlord

Damage has been decreased from 25 to 20.

Roach

Organic Carapace no longer grants bonus regeneration to unburrowed roaches.

Spine Crawler

Damage has been increased from 20+10 armored to 25+5 armored.
Attack period decreased from 2.2 to 1.6.

Spore Crawler

The cost has been decreased from 100 to 75.

Bug Fixes

Fixed an issue in which players would desync when matched against others with certain CPUs.

Milabrega

Vautrin and I are set for our match tonight at 8pm east if anyone is going to want to spectate. I could use some practice matches before then so please log in!

Zen

Banned
The Lamonster said:
wow. Talk about lame. Why don't they just stick with BW?

Between this and that one douchey guy they have who comments on games with his webcam, they aren't exactly making a good impression. :lol
Talk about arrogant and full of themselves. It one thing to mod the game, but holy hell at the test of that site. :lol

EDIT: DAMMIT, it's probably an april fools isn't it?

Dreavus

Zen said:
Between this and that one douchey guy they have who comments on games with his webcam, they aren't exactly making a good impression. :lol
Talk about arrogant and full of themselves. It one thing to mod the game, but holy hell at the test of that site. :lol

EDIT: DAMMIT, it's probably an april fools isn't it?

I hope you're not referring to Day[9]. That man has some startlingly good insight into the game. =/

I haven't heard him mention this "rebalancing" yet, so yeah... I'm hoping for their sake it's just a lie-day joke

DaveKap

Banned
The Lamonster said:
They're not??
No, they're not. And the blood is toned down as well. All those old screenshots and videos of SC2 don't match all the beta videos ever since they fudged the colors. Although, it could also be map based, with different lighting situations changing how the colors show.

I dunno I've always felt like something was strange about SC2's beta vs all the older videos we've seen.

Also LOL at people not realizing SC2Pro is an April Fool's joke.

Minsc said:
I don't think anyone directly put the newest patch notes from last night in this thread, so here they are!
Prob since the newest patch was actually at like 2pm in the afternoon and not last night so was posted much before then :)

msv

Dreavus said:
I hope you're not referring to Day[9]. That man has some startlingly good insight into the game. =/
His casting is infused with an overload of narcissism and banter I don't care about. His tone, demeanor and expression (on the webcam) makes me want to break his face more than anything, can't stand it.

Mudkips said:
Had one game last night where 6 battle cruisers and 3 ravens took out about 60 stalkers, a bunch of immortals, and some phoenixes and a few colossi. He failed to kill ANY of my ravens or battle cruisers.

He went through a couple waves of that composition, and a couple waves of carriers.
Then he was out of money, said "gg" and left. :lol

Then I had a game where my teammate got cheesed by a probe building cannons in his base. We ended up with just 4 bases (while they controlled the other 8). I went in with some fast banshees and vikings and put the hurt on their main bases as they were defenseless due to the cheese and fast expand.

We wiped one guy out (he just had 2 bases, starting a third, while his teammate had 5).

His teammate ended up massing carriers (with mothership) about 4 times. Vikings and Ravens put the hurt on them and marines mopped them up each time. At the end we had no money left, and he was massing again...

His fatal mistake was building about, oh, 5000 photon cannons all over the map.
There were two spots with minerals left. One in the air-only expansion behind him and one in an area he had surrounded by cannons. My teammate snuck in and took the air-only one and built up some turrets (he had about 8 carriers and a mothership), while I kept harassing his attempts to build in the new spot.

I was down to 4 Vikings (and no money) but I was able to kill off the nexus he was collecting at, and his probes then had no choice but to run across the map when collecting, so we cut them off. He had no money left, but a sizeable force (and a ton of cannons). I suppose he could have micro'd the probes and mass recalled them to one of his other nexuses, but he would have had to move the mothership back across the map to get the probes to mine again, leaving his other nexuses vulnerable to Yamatos.

My teammate then attacked a bit with nukes, while I was able to get a bit of money for battlecruisers. Once his mothership (like his 5th one) went down, he gave up, even though he had 6 carriers and a million photon cannons. All I had was 4 Vikings and 3 battlecruisers.

Real glad he didn't bitch out and make me spend an hour Yamato-ing a million photon cannons to get the win...

replay plz. This sounds epicz

Pandaman said:
this thread has confirmed my belief that men do not own or maintain calendars.

hehe people taking that promod seriously match me scratch my head.

It was actually rather disappointing, I suppose they were trying to act way too serious that every thing they said actually seemed like it came straight from some completely insane progamer's head. That and the fact that its not april 1st yet just bugs me so i guess although it may be very funny otherwise I just always find attempts to subvert the idea that april fools jokes actually being IN APRIL rather stupid to say the least.

OHMYGOD it's only march 31st THIS MUST NOT BE A JOKE

Milabrega

Finished my placements. went 4-1. First 4 were all on Metrapolis last one that I lost was vs a Gold ranked Zerg on Kulas. Put me in Gold. I made the same mistake in that last match as i was making all last night, switching tech too dramatically.

I need a sparring partner for 1v1 right now, log in I'm on.

Zzoram

Ice Monkey said:
hehe people taking that promod seriously match me scratch my head.

It was actually rather disappointing, I suppose they were trying to act way too serious that every thing they said actually seemed like it came straight from some completely insane progamer's head. That and the fact that its not april 1st yet just bugs me so i guess although it may be very funny otherwise I just always find attempts to subvert the idea that april fools jokes actually being IN APRIL rather stupid to say the least.

OHMYGOD it's only march 31st THIS MUST NOT BE A JOKE

Teamliquid operates on KST, South Korean time. They likely put up their joke the moment it became April 1st in South Korea.

Zen

Banned
Dreavus said:

Oh I'm totally talking about Day[9]. While he has some decent insight into the game:

msv said:
His casting is infused with an overload of narcissism and banter I don't care about. His tone, demeanor and expression (on the webcam) makes me want to break his face more than anything, can't stand it.

Pretty much this. As a person he is just really unapealling to listen to, but whatever.

Zzoram

Day[9] is much worse when you see his face on webcam. As just a voice while watching a live/replay game, he's a lot better.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
What are the commands for chat etc? Like sending messages in game or switching from all to allies.
I always forget it and cant find it on any of the wikis

Zzoram

Corran Horn said:
What are the commands for chat etc? Like sending messages in game or switching from all to allies.
I always forget it and cant find it on any of the wikis

They are the same commands that bnet has always used I think.

Shift+Enter = All chat (useful if you are default to Allies but want to say GG and have your enemy read it)

/r = reply to last person who messaged you

Corran Horn

Zzoram said:
They are the same commands that bnet has always used I think.

Shift+Enter = All chat (useful if you are default to Allies but want to say GG and have your enemy read it)

/r = reply to last person who messaged you
thanks, wasnt sure if it was same as sc1 or not and I couldnt google anything :lol
Feel bad for not GGing on 2v2s

DemiMatt

damn I really need to work on my 1v1 and play heaps but my gf is in town until sunday, Im only to get like 1-2 hours a night max. thank god round 2 doesnt start for another week or so.

either way it doesnt change my banshee rush!

I have been playing almost exclusively against protoss players in 1v1 lately. DTs plust well placed Warp prisms are an annoyance at best, devastating for the unprepared

Ozorov said:
For those who watching Day[9], HD and Husky I've found another very good caster --> http://www.youtube.com/psystarcraft . Enjoy

Thanks, I'll have to look into these. I can kind of see where people are coming from with day[9]/husky, but his personality brings some flavor to the commentary. especially since I have had a video running in another window quite a bit while looking at other stuff.

mcrae

well i just buckled and made a wanted post in craigslist for 50$. hopefully ill be playing with you guys this time next week :lol

Mudkips

Banned
Ice Monkey said:
replay plz. This sounds epicz
I'll post the replays later tonight maybes. Any easy place to host them?
They're pretty hilarious in parts. No idea why the red Protoss guy didn't crush us when he had the chance (in the one where we ran out of moneys). Dunno what he was afeared of, other than having no economy himself (and little to no scouting to see us).

Pandaman said:
MaidenInBlack
I dunno why you're postin that, but I'll just say this: I can't be the only one who talked to her repeatedly just to hear the accent.

Soul uv ze lost, vifdrawn vrum eets vessel, let strennnth ve granted so ze vurld might ve mended. So ze vurld might ve mended.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Mudkips said:
I dunno why you're postin that, but I'll just say this: I can't be the only one who talked to her repeatedly just to hear the accent.

Soul uv ze lost, vifdrawn vrum eets vessel, let strennnth ve granted so ze vurld might ve mended. So ze vurld might ve mended.
soldiers text, general hopelessness. :D

but oh yeah, that accent was amazing.
I also cant be the only one who straight up refused to
leave her with the old one
. I was hacking and slashing and firestorming the walls to figure out how to prevent that.

msv

BlueScrote said:
Thanks, I'll have to look into these. I can kind of see where people are coming from with day[9]/husky, but his personality brings some flavor to the commentary. especially since I have had a video running in another window quite a bit while looking at other stuff.
Husky's are good, he's not annoying IMO. I can't describe it well what irks me so much about the Day9 caster. He lays emphasis on each... and every.. SINGLE... sentence!! With his dramatic pauses, every THING must.. come out COOL. Then his head pops in, with his completely emotionless (maybe a bit smug) expression, which doesn't correlate with what he's saying at all. Plus, the actual content of his commentary isn't that interesting.

Ah well, enough negativity from me. I like Husky/Psy/HD and LiquidSC is good too.

Corran Horn

Damn im missing tourney games because of a FFA match where I only had 5 sentrys left and was just harrassing people with them for a good 15+mins

Top Bottom