• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

StarCraft 2 Beta |OT| (Beta Now Reopen, GL HF)

aznpxdd

Scrow said:
has anyone used the Ghost's Snipe ability to good effect?

on paper it seems like the most pointless ability in the game, but maybe someone has found an interesting way to use it?

Snipe fucking owns.

When I started utilizes ghosts + snipe, I cleared MMM balls like nothing. (I didn't stim OR have medivacs).

valenti said:
I give up trying to play with some of the gaffers here :lol

I was able to play with procarbine, deltron, electricblue, dread, and nacho tho
Ill play with you Valenti.

Everytime you are on though you are in some other game with someone else so I just do my own thing. I know you guys invited me to chat the other day but I was always in the middle of a game by the time you guys finished and vice versa.. :lol

EDIT: Double post.. DOH!

Scrow said:
has anyone used the Ghost's Snipe ability to good effect?

on paper it seems like the most pointless ability in the game, but maybe someone has found an interesting way to use it?

Ghosts are so good.

Deltron can rape a full MMM ball with just like 3 ghosts and MM's and no stim/medivacs. All thanks to Snipe lol.

Kosma

Banned
I'm surprised how well the matchmaking works in SC2, I'm in a Bronze ladder and the competition is just right. Maybe this is the best matchmaking I have seen so far in a videogame, really gives me a lot of enjoyment to play with people of equal skill.

Kosma said:
I'm surprised how well the matchmaking works in SC2, I'm in a Bronze ladder and the competition is just right. Maybe this is the best matchmaking I have seen so far in a videogame, really gives me a lot of enjoyment to play with people of equal skill.
Agreed. Quite impressive for a beta :D

Zzoram

Kosma said:

The goal of the matchmaking system is to put you in a place where you win 40-60% of games, and it works great.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Paz said:
Glade is a good friend of mine, he was the best WC3 player in Australia by a mile (won I think like 10 national comps and went overseas for numerous competitions) and right now he is the best australian SC2 player by a mile.

He submits some of his replays at this website (wins and losses):

http://www.justgomutas.com/sc/replays/popular
"Justgomutas" :lol :lol :lol

JoeMartin

Singularity ability is definitely still in the game. Just saw it 15 minutes ago.

Was nerfed a patch or two ago, tho.

Also I just won 3 TvP games in a row. With nothing but marines. So. Many. Marines. Not even Colo "the man" ssus could keep me down.

I just can't seem to get the hang of zerg. No matter how I play it I can never seem to have enough units to counter then enemy, even with an expo and two queens.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
JoeMartin said:
Singularity ability is definitely still in the game. Just saw it 15 minutes ago.
the ability that's in the game now is called vortex.

the ability i think you're talking about in that video (can't view youtube at work) sounds like the black hole ability that the mothership used to have. black hole outright destroyed anything that came near it, whereas vortex just takes them out of action for a short time.

Scrow said:
the ability that's in the game now is called vortex.

the ability i think you're talking about in that video (can't view youtube at work) sounds like the black hole ability that the mothership used to have. black hole outright destroyed anything that came near it, whereas vortex just takes them out of action for a short time.

Nope, the video uses Vortex. Protoss player uses Vortex on enemy army, Terran player times nukes perfectly to land on them as soon as the Vortex spits them out. It's damn effective.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Pai Pai Master said:
Nope, the video uses Vortex. Protoss player uses Vortex on enemy army, Terran player times nukes perfectly to land on them as soon as the Vortex spits them out. It's damn effective.
oh right, that. yeah that was posted some time ago. cool trick :)

BlueScrote said:
I just can't seem to get the hang of zerg. No matter how I play it I can never seem to have enough units to counter then enemy, even with an expo and two queens.
i know that feeling exactly... and i think it just comes down to bad macro. i need to force myself to hotkey hatcheries and queens to spawn larva and produce units while taking care of business out on the field.

Belgorim

Man this game rocks... cant wait for the real release so my friends can play :)

Went 4-1 through the placement and got placed in Silver. Playing random and at least winning more than half my matches so far :p I loose to some stupid stuff though... going to take a while to get used to new mechanics and stupid stuff people do :)

I actualy managed to loose a game to a player moving his CC to a high yield expansion the very first thing he did. I would have won if I didnt get so thrown off that I forgot to build stuff and managed to sit with 2,5k minerals, 1k gas and stuck at 50/50 supply :p

JWong

Banned
I'm getting really good with zerg. Even if I screw up, I can still make smart choices and counter the opponents with good tech switches.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
We've only got 3 tourney matches done in Round 2 thus far. Please get your matches done tomorrow night guys. I don't want half of our matches to be decided by coin toss. =(

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
fanboi said:
Tip as Zerg:

Hotkey queen(s) then when you use spawn larva, you can click on the minimap on the hatchery, voila!
Hotkey your queens and hatches to the same key can you can just click 'r' and click the hatch icons.

Haly

This is bronze: http://www.sendspace.com/file/n7egcx

Guy quick techs every protoss building except, apparently, stargates. For some reason he only spammed Dark Templars which was kind of useless since I had cannons right outside his base.

I eventually got bored and decided to mass carriers. Ended up with 7k min and gas.

Christ some of these people...

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Halycon said:
This is bronze: http://www.sendspace.com/file/n7egcx

Guy quick techs every protoss building except, apparently, stargates. For some reason he only spammed Dark Templars which was kind of useless since I had cannons right outside his base.

I eventually got bored and decided to mass carriers. Ended up with 7k min and gas.

Christ some of these people...
Why are you in bronze.
I want to play you :[

Haly

Hazaro said:
Why are you in bronze.
I want to play you :[
I suck.

It is also 4AM, so maybe tomorrow once I'm done studying for tests.

Unless you want a quick game now?

Wedge7

Part of the reason I always love competitive games and communities is the inherent shit talking and constant grudge matches that inevitably occur.

Smuft vs Idra, 5k grudematch should be epic. Its hilarious to see these things develop, and the inevitable fallout that always occurs after these matches are finished. This is drama.

For those who dont know the players, its sorta whatever, but those who have a clue who these players are and the history between them cant help but eagerly await the results.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=117936&currentpage=All

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
fanboi said:
But can you then build without choosing the hatch?
Hit tab
Wedge7 said:
Part of the reason I always love competitive games and communities is the inherent shit talking and constant grudge matches that inevitably occur.

Smuft vs Idra, 5k grudematch should be epic. Its hilarious to see these things develop, and the inevitable fallout that always occurs after these matches are finished. This is drama.

For those who dont know the players, its sorta whatever, but those who have a clue who these players are and the history between them cant help but eagerly await the results.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=117936&currentpage=All
Rules

1. The "GG Rule" - The losing player must signify his defeat by typing "GG" before leaving the game. Failure to do so will result in the disqualification of you and your team from the tournament and a temporary ban from future events.
Pretty sure idra didn't do this (oh wait he won) :lol

Top Bottom