• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

StarCraft 2 Beta |OT| (Beta Now Reopen, GL HF)

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=118061

ETA: 10 Minutes (3PM PST, 6PM EST)
Who: One of the best older SC 1 players and best WCIII player in AU
What: An awesome Best of 7 series (I expect Leg to get rolled though, but it's ok since he is old)

(P)Legionnaire vs (Z) GLaDe

149nm9d.png

fanboi

Banned

One more command to remember... will try...

Scrow said:
well... you won, so there's not much to say except GG ;)

you're probably a better player than i am, so i feel silly giving advice.... but i reckon you really needed to throw some roaches onto the front line to soak up the damage. zerglings melt away too quickly if you don't have them in large enough numbers and hydras are too soft to sustain the incoming damage from marines and tanks. hydras can wreak a lot of havoc if they have a meat shield protecting them.

tried using some roaches and it is quite good, a mixed with lings even better :)

Anyone else have any comment on this: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YQQ09S1C

Would be nice.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
fanboi said:
One more command to remember... will try...
Same goes for an army.

Say as Terran I have ghosts and MM in control group 1.

Going up against toss I tab and EMP, then hit tab and stim.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Hazaro said:
Same goes for an army.

:O

man, so many things i don't know about and need to try. would improve my game so much.

msv

Hazaro said:
Same goes for an army.

Dang!!! I just found out you could do this with buildings, but with units :eek:. Gotta remember that one.

I've been playing Warcraft III since launch (pretty much same controls as SC2), and I just figured out you can hold down the middle mouse button for a smooth scroll around the map. That will help so much.

chris-013

syoaran said:
Chris - whats your tag ingame after the wipe?

As for fast maruders aganist zerg - unless they went roaches I never see that work. Aganist zerglings, just get helions to kite them away from the MM push, get the MM into the base with the marines in back in case the 'lings retreat back to the base. If you upgraded the Hellions (doubtful - but it happens) and and the zerg player took the bait of ganking the 3 hellions it works very very well.
Same ID, ChrisXIII.fra
I learn a lot new tech/cheese with terran.
Marauders own zergs right at the beginning of the game after speedling it's another story but everything is linked to the micro.
I did 50th -> 10th in one day and 75% of my matches are won in 10 min.

Meeru

Banned
Watching the Pez and Vautrin vs me and Zealous replay..
When we did our initial attack, Pez had 10 more lings than Zealous. That kinda sucked. Also after the defending on Zealous, it was a good opportunity to attack Pez again. But we didn't T_T.

fanboi

Banned
chris-013 said:
Same ID, ChrisXIII.fra
I learn a lot new tech/cheese with terran.
Marauders own zergs right at the beginning of the game after speedling it's another story but everything is linked to the micro.
I did 50th -> 10th in one day and 75% of my matches are won in 10 min.

NIce games yesterday... fuck up on my part in the loss.

JWong

Banned
LaneDS said:
Is there any word how many maps retail will ship with?
A lot?

Don't think you would need to worry about that. This isn't Modern Warfare or anything.

There will be plenty of maps coming in for free via editor.

LaneDS

JWong said:
A lot?

Don't think you would need to worry about that. This isn't Modern Warfare or anything.

Not worried, just curious. Also tired of playing Twilight Fortress.

LaneDS said:
Not worried, just curious. Also tired of playing Twilight Fortress.

Beta most likely won't be representative of the retail game. We aren't customers yet, we're guinea pigs. They are choosing maps that allow them to easily collect data, come retail they will have a lot more maps for people to play. That's the same reason that so many drastic balance changes are being made. Nothing they do right now is necessarily final, they are just testing things.

Edit: I really feel like we should have done something with that other key. We just gave it to my roommate and he doesn't even play that much (I think he still has 4 placement matches or so).

zoukka

Yeah my friend doesn't play that much either even though he begged me for the key. Should've just profited -.-

But that's the reward for being good.

mcrae

reposting in here from what i posted in the key begging thread...

for those of you who have keys in your local area going for 40-50$... anyone want to buy one and resell it to me? the closest keys on my local one are goign for 80ish and are an hour and a half away. would be much appreciated.. can do paypal or gift a game on steam or something.

mcrae said:
reposting in here from what i posted in the key begging thread...

for those of you who have keys in your local area going for 40-50$... anyone want to buy one and resell it to me? the closest keys on my local one are goign for 80ish and are an hour and a half away. would be much appreciated.. can do paypal or gift a game on steam or something.
?

Why are you reposting here? That is exactly what the key begging thread is for...

mcrae said:
cause there are more enthusiasts constantly browsing this thread than the other one
As an enthusiast myself, I can assure you that I constantly check every thread that has "StarCraft" in the title :D

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I had no idea Australia had a such a great starcraft scene.

valenti said:
Watching the Pez and Vautrin vs me and Zealous replay..
When we did our initial attack, Pez had 10 more lings than Zealous. That kinda sucked. Also after the defending on Zealous, it was a good opportunity to attack Pez again. But we didn't T_T.

I figured that if you did attack me again Vaut could hold it back as I was banking money for 10+ instant mutas :lol

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
JWong said:
A lot?

Did they ditch the pay for maps option for Map makers? Curious how well that will work for something like SC

chris-013

Nice TvsZ I just played.
The guy was better than me with the micro and owned my maurauder push, than he left when I was going to hit this main base. ; ;
Also I was short of 10 minerals to make an expand... ye played 25 min on one base against 3. :D

TvsZ Failed Marauders Push

Corran Horn said:
Did they ditch the pay for maps option for Map makers? Curious how well that will work for something like SC
It will probably be like Warcraft III. No paid DLC, just a bunch of new maps included in the expansions.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Ice Monkey said:
WHAT THE FUCK? forced ADs in the middle of a fucking livestream?!
More than once? I know livestream will do a forced 15-30second ad commercial once you start a stream after about 30seconds into it. But after* that usually only an Ad appears on the bottom

Paz

Because the broadcast is at a convenient time for europeans/americans, and at 8 am in the morning for Australians on a Wednesday.

These people have jobs you know :)

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
Ladies and gentlemen, the long awaited and highly anticipated match up of procarbine v. Trasher will take place tonight at 10 PM EST. Don't miss it, or you'll have no idea what everyone is talking about at work tomorrow.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
So about a week ago, I learned "In the Rear, With the Gear" was a reference to Full Metal Jacket.

I thought I would share.

Top Bottom