• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

StarCraft 2 Beta |OT| (Beta Now Reopen, GL HF)

JWong

Banned
TurtleSnatcher said:
Right now the strongest rush in the game is the baneling bust. Can break through zealot chokes and supply depots with zlings just charging in and causing mass chaos.
I listened to this. =O

nilbog21

Banned
TurtleSnatcher said:
Right now the strongest rush in the game is the baneling bust. Can break through zealot chokes and supply depots with zlings just charging in and causing mass chaos.

eat the banes w/ a marauder. takes 7 to kill one i think ;<

aznpxdd said:
Yo some people browse this thread at work, that pic is wrong man. Come on.

lol sorry bout that, (it's his avatar if you didn't notice)

worried someone at work is going to think you're into weird guys milking their own nipples? :lol

j/k j/k, it is wrong to repost avatars of horrific strangeness no matter whether anyone is looking at work :)

hobart

I like these patch notes. Obviously as a P player I'm very happy about it... I still don't see me using Void Rays that often (if at all)... but the Damage increase could be useful if you are planning on using it against Z (void ray rush against Queen prolly much more viable now.... but still costly).

Yaweee

Ice Monkey said:
so did anyone get the key posted 26 minutes ago?

It was claimed in less than half a minute. And based on the comments, people from all over the world are constantly F5ing it.

nilbog21 said:
eat the banes w/ a marauder. takes 7 to kill one i think ;<
No no Vaut :p

Guess you arent familiar with the "Bust" part.. Banes are used to bust through the wall.. Speedligns then go in and surround and do the rest.

TurtleSnatcher said:
No no Vaut :p

Guess you arent familiar with the "Bust" part.. Banes are used to bust through the wall.. Speedligns then go in and surround and do the rest.

when we played last night, i saw your speedlings ahead of the banelings. Just out of curiosity was this because you sent in the banes, noticed no wall and then just went haywire or....well just tell me what you had done lol.

It'd also be cool to know in general how quickly you got to that many lings and banes. one extractor? one hatch making only drones, maybe a queen until the standard 22 are harvesting, straight up pool and bane nest no other buildings till you attacked?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Not surprising that mards got slow as an upgrade.

Early mard pressure sucked as a P. You could pick off any sane number of zealots and stalkers with only a few mards and P had to get a sentry to block you off.

Meanwhile you just expand make a ball and win.

F#A#Oo

Banned
Holy shit...2 of the best Zerg units nerfed...now zealots and marines will be even more of a threat...

As someone who hardly ever goes T3 (it's long journey and a waste really) with Zerg this nerf now makes life even more difficult then it was before...Roaches were always used to soak up up damage...now what unit is one to make?

Ah man...

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
F#A#Oo said:
Holy shit...2 of the best Zerg units nerfed...now zealots and marines will be even more of a threat...

As someone who hardly ever goes T3 (it's long journey and a waste really) with Zerg this nerf now makes life even more difficult then it was before...Roaches were always used to soak up up damage...now what unit is one to make?

Ah man...
Make a unit composition like all the other races you cheaters :lol

If storm can OHKO hydras (Dunno if they will have 1or2 hp) that will be huge.

The armor change from 2 to 1 is pretty huge though. Lings much more effective in ZvZ, so are marines and zealots.

F#A#Oo

Banned
Hazaro said:
Make a unit composition like all the other races you cheaters :lol

If storm can OHKO hydras (Dunno if they will have 1or2 hp) that will be huge.

The armor change from 2 to 1 is pretty huge though. Lings much more effective in ZvZ, so are marines and zealots.

So you agree in the end...:D

I think now every race has a sponge unit except Zerg (T1 or T2)...I guess it's true if you complain hard enough someone will listen.

I have yet to try out the new patch but in theory this is bad news...

Road

LOL, I just went on Facebook and saw a key "31s ago". "OMG"

Already claimed...

Yeah, not gonna do the F5 thing...

F#A#Oo

Banned
Is the beta really difficult to get into? o_0

I signed up as soon as the day the keys were sent out and iirc a week later or so I recieved a key...I thought Blizzard send out a ton weekly...

That being said I did register every Blizzard product I ever purchased...which is almost everything except WoW...:D

cramcakes

Road said:
LOL, I just went on Facebook and saw a key "31s ago". "OMG"

Already claimed...

Yeah, not gonna do the F5 thing...

Another one just went up and was gone in less than 5 seconds. Not even going to waste more time on that.

F#A#Oo said:
Is the beta really difficult to get into? o_0

I signed up as soon as the day the keys were sent out and iirc a week later or so I recieved a key...I thought Blizzard send out a ton weekly...

That being said I did register every Blizzard product I ever purchased...which is almost everything except WoW...:D

Well, I have everything but WoW also and no beta for me. I've been signed up since, well, whenever the GAF alert went out. :lol

Ice Monkey said:
when we played last night, i saw your speedlings ahead of the banelings. Just out of curiosity was this because you sent in the banes, noticed no wall and then just went haywire or....well just tell me what you had done lol.

It'd also be cool to know in general how quickly you got to that many lings and banes. one extractor? one hatch making only drones, maybe a queen until the standard 22 are harvesting, straight up pool and bane nest no other buildings till you attacked?
Dunno dont remember that game specifically.

Road

cramcakes said:
Another one just went up and was gone in less than 5 seconds. Not even going to waste more time on that.
Yeah, while I'd be lying if I said I watched less than 10h of youtube videos this extended weekend -- it is addicting, I'm actually eagerer for the single player campaign
, which is an excuse for me being a suck-ass player haha
. Guess I'm not that desperate.

Well, not gonna the derail the thread any more.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
msv said:
Very risky though, if he found your proxy pylon, you would've been gone. Or if he had a drone already outside the base, or an expo.
I used that position because it was the most convenient.

And that strat is, theoretically, even more effective against fast expos.

If I was really trying to be gosu I'd have 4-5 sentries at base to keep roaches out and the pylon would be placed somewhere unlikely to be scouted.

EDIT: You're right in that if he was good, he would've looked for a proxy the moment the ovie saw all my warpgates and no troops. I'll have to account for that.

I wonder how well this works against terran.

F#A#Oo

Banned
cramcakes said:
Well, I have everything but WoW also and no beta for me. I've been signed up since, well, whenever the GAF alert went out. :lol

:(

I'm not going to lie...it's good...very good.

Good luck...hopefully you find one in your inbox soon... :)

Haly

a176 said:
idra is anything but good at starcraft 2 :x
I have no idea who the top players are so :p

But the stalker play really blew my mind.

JWong

Banned
TurtleSnatcher said:
I dont even knwo what that means :p
Last 2/3 games I played, I used banelings and won.

The game I didn't use them, I actually lost...

My nerfed hydras couldn't live long enough against Valenti's BCs. I probably could have taken them down if each of my hydras lived a bit longer.

My last two games (1v1) my opponents timed out. Strange, the only time I've ever had connection problems was when I was sharing my wireless router with someone else.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
F#A#Oo said:
So you agree in the end...:D

I think now every race has a sponge unit except Zerg (T1 or T2)...I guess it's true if you complain hard enough someone will listen.

I have yet to try out the new patch but in theory this is bad news...
Roaches cost less minerals, less supply, build faster, have more hp, can be upgraded with speed, and be made 4 at a time, and heal while burrowed.

Good thing stimmed mards kill them.

Also ultralisks are amazing.

Haly

F#A#Oo said:
Got it working...

Strategy was risky...I would have tucked it just below that area.
Properly executed it shouldn't be nearly that risky but I'm a scrub, what can I say?

F#A#Oo

Banned
Hazaro said:
Also ultralisks are amazing.

I do not agree...by the time one has tech'd up to Ultra's there are already plenty of ranged and air units that making ultras becomes pretty redundant as their counter is already on the battlefield in the form of Marauder/Immortal...

They are probably the least used unit in the beta if you ask me and with good reason.

Also if my calculations are right you can make 6/7 roaches which would be more effective then 1 ultralisk...

msv

NovemberMike said:
Orb's raging on team liquid because he keeps on fucking up. It's kind of funny to watch.
Where dis at? That mystlord stream is in korean. Oh shit I just laughed, they're really excited about this SC1 match :lol

Edit: nvm, found it - http://www.teamliquid.net/sc2/
Dang, didn't know there were so many livestreams on there, pimpin.

Edit2: That orb dude sure clicks away for no reason. But those 3 probes were sure worth it.

Ok he's funny :lol Damn I can't talk in the chatroom, need to be logged in.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
F#A#Oo said:
I do not agree...by the time one has tech'd up to Ultra's there are already plenty of ranged and air units that making ultras becomes pretty redundant as their counter is already on the battlefield in the form of Marauder/Immortal...

They are probably the least used unit in the beta if you ask me and with good reason.
Super armor and no slow! 600HP! Super AoE death blades!

Yes they have counters but they are still awesome.
Give them support like you would any other unit (Also bring queens to heal them, you will look so pro) :D

Calantus

i just got into beta !!, haven't played the AI in two weeks, time to freshen up then play online and get destroyed.

I wonder if i can invite a friend to join the beta?

LaneDS

Calantus said:
i just got into beta !!, haven't played the AI in two weeks, time to freshen up then play online and get destroyed.

I wonder if i can invite a friend to join the beta?

They have occasionally seemed to pass out keys to existing beta members, so maybe down the line you (and your friend) will be in luck.

Top Bottom