• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

StarCraft 2 Beta |OT| (Beta Now Reopen, GL HF)

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
How do I force-launch the updater? SC2 doesn't seem to want to apply the update and when I start the game I get an error message that prevents me from logging in.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
So I have the beta and...uhhhh....how the fuck do you play this? :lol

The last time I played starcraft was in 2002 and that was only for like an hour. What the hell's an assimilator and how the hell do I build it?

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
ahoyhoy said:
How do I force-launch the updater? SC2 doesn't seem to want to apply the update and when I start the game I get an error message that prevents me from logging in.
run this?

StarCraft II Beta\Support\Blizzard Updater.exe

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Fuck. Got into Gold 2v2 random. Even though I'm more of a bronze (maybe silver) level player. Just happened to play 4 matches against some pretty meh players.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
ahoyhoy said:
I had to eventually create a new Administrator user account and install SC2 on there to get it to update and run. Not sure if that will work/help

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Halycon said:
Wasn't necessary!

*COUGH*
while watching the replay i was thinking to myself, "he'll send those stalkers to look after the roaches taking down those rocks to his base anytime now.... anytime now... gonna see some awesome micro soon.... uhm... the rocks are gone... those roaches are just waltzing into his base... oh."

disappointmenton

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Scrow said:
while watching the replay i was thinking to myself, "he'll send those stalkers to look after the roaches taking down those rocks to his base anytime now.... anytime now... gonna see some awesome micro soon.... uhm... the rocks are gone... those roaches are just waltzing into his base... oh."

disappointmenton
I was more interested in the early stalker push than the micro in the video. Sorry for misleading you :3

aznpxdd

Halycon said:
I was more interested in the early stalker push than the micro in the video. Sorry for misleading you :3

That's pretty much all I've been doing with Toss in 2v2's. Tech straight to stalkers + fast blink + micro, I don't think I've lost a single 2v2 yet with that strat (in both random platinum and with gaffers in plat).

You guys should really be watching orb. He always supply blocks himself and he always bitches about it. Every single game.

EDIT: Lol, he just turned meta. Somebody made a rageboard of him bitching, and he's playing the sounds right now.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
aznpxdd said:
That's pretty much all I've been doing with Toss in 2v2's. Tech straight to stalkers + fast blink + micro, I don't think I've lost a single 2v2 yet with that strat (in both random platinum and with gaffers in plat).
I've been thinking about a 2v2 strategy with Toss and Terran. Terran does early harass on one base to keep the two distracted while toss techs up to blink. Scan ledge on the other base, queue blink and rape workers, blink out, go for other base while alternating.

Of course this assume they're not being super aggressive. Not sure how the strat would stand up to 6 pool, maybe early one space wall into warp gates?

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
God damnit 2nd time in row I was defeated by losing all my structures but had a stronger army and could have won :/

I need to learn to sneak a few probes out with my base gets raided and my army is gone :/

Meeru

Banned
I'm interested in what you guys were thinking when I put those nukes in the Vautrin and Vwong vs me and cheeto :lol

Unless you're a BW pro, I feel sorry for the newcomers who want to play with gaffers. Most are still learning, but some of the gaffers here are decent...

Meeru

Banned
Man its nice to see late game units in the previous games..usually I tend to end mid game but I decided to drag it on and see how it goes.

Me and vautrin are gonna get top 10 plat XD 8-0 right now

Zzoram

TurtleSnatcher said:
So yea roaches are like a joke now.

Deltron and I hit rank 3 in Silver.. :lol So easy.

The problem is that Zerg has no real tank unit now. Roaches are easily slaughtered, so are Hydras and Zerglings/Banelings. Without a threat unit like the Lurker to keep enemies from just plowing through your army, Zerg are really fragile.

Meeru

Banned
Zzoram said:
The problem is that Zerg has no real tank unit now. Roaches are easily slaughtered, so are Hydras and Zerglings/Banelings. Without a threat unit like the Lurker to keep enemies from just plowing through your army, Zerg are really fragile.
Zerg has always been more offensive/expand race rather than a turtling tank. Brood lords is a good example. Best atg unit bar none.

Zzoram

Zerg is just too weak to early pushes. Zerglings are useless for defence, they get shreaded by Marines and Zealots. The Roach is the only reason Zerg even made it into the mid-late game. If they want to make Roaches weak, they need to add some other type of defensive unit like the Lurker to keep people from rolling over Zerg.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Banelings and mutas and hydras work pretty well.

Come on Zzoram you are better than this! Work though it!

ultron87

Zzoram said:
I doubt that her boyfriend would actually ignore her to play video games to the point of break-up. Must be staged.

And there isn't actually a key. You just go to your Bnet account and the beta is there ready to download. So, if real, this only alerted him to the fact that he was in the beta.

Dreavus

ultron87 said:
And there isn't actually a key. You just go to your Bnet account and the beta is there ready to download. So, if real, this only alerted him to the fact that he was in the beta.

But she also allegedly changed the password on his email, which he needs to log-in to his bnet account!

I'm gonna guess it's staged as well.

Wedge7

Lol Coolio, fun games, I play completely different on these gaf matches as opposed to regular laddering. I get real nervous and my hands get all sweaty and slick, ugh, I feel tons of pressure. I was sorta wary when playing you cause I had heard that you were a very sneaky player, sneaky of course being potentially cheesy or something, wasn't too sure hehe. That combined with being another terrible TvT made me antsy.

The reaper harass in both games I think threw you off enough so that I could close the deal. Pretty hilariously bad instances of terrible micro by myself in both games, losing them to scvs and a marine without killing anything. Good games, I felt a few differences and the game coulda gone completely different. We both made tons of mistakes, at one point I think I had like 5 marauders qued up in one barracks haha.

Game 1 - Wedge(T) vs Coolio (T)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=V5249BGG

Game 2 - Wedge(T) vs Coolio (T)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PU1UZ3OC

Is there a way to chrono boost without clicking on a structure? Like if I'm in the middle of micro-ing a battle, can I click my Nexus hotkey, then C, then somehow hit some other hotkey or somehow select another hotkeyed building so that I can chrono boost it without getting the building in camera view and physically clicking on the structure?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
MisterAnderson said:
Is there a way to chrono boost without clicking on a structure? Like if I'm in the middle of micro-ing a battle, can I click my Nexus hotkey, then C, then somehow hit some other hotkey or somehow select another hotkeyed building so that I can chrono boost it without getting the building in camera view and physically clicking on the structure?
Hit 4 (for example) then hit 'c'. Then hit W for warpgates (or say 5 for robo/stargate w/e) and click the little icons.

Zzoram said:
Zerg is just too weak to early pushes. Zerglings are useless for defence, they get shreaded by Marines and Zealots. The Roach is the only reason Zerg even made it into the mid-late game. If they want to make Roaches weak, they need to add some other type of defensive unit like the Lurker to keep people from rolling over Zerg.
Man I think Zerglings are just fine.. (Minus their pathing.. they need to fix that)

If you attack someone and they have a bunker all your zlings go to the bunker and then they just overlap eachother..

I wish they would fll the bunker around then the rest would go to scvs or something and replace a dead zling at the bunker every little while. Kinda annoying.

Samething with choke pushes.. They dont attack buildings to the side they all want to attack that 1 zealot on the choke.. :\

Wedge7

MisterAnderson said:

I think what many toss do is hotkey the nexus with other buildings, IE robo, all on one button. Then, click the hotkey, hotkey chrono, and then click the wireframe image of the building, all without actually physically going back to your base.

Zzoram

So I beat a guy (Quick.weber) in ZvZ and he accuses me of hacking, what a fucking douche. Apparently he believes that it's impossible to suspect a secret expo when you don't see a Natural Hatchery unless you hack. I had my expo up and running for some time, and when I went to attack his natural, nothing was there.

Wedge7

Zzoram said:
So I beat a guy (Quick.weber) in ZvZ and he accuses me of hacking, what a fucking douche. Apparently he believes that it's impossible to suspect a secret expo when you don't see a Natural Hatchery unless you hack. I had my expo up and running for some time, and when I went to attack his natural, nothing was there.

2c8fa6e.jpg

I've got my eye on you!

Top Bottom