• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

StarCraft 2 Beta |OT| (Beta Now Reopen, GL HF)

fanboi

Banned
Zerg players, need adive on hotkey setup.

Now I use 4 with all my hatcherys, with 5 as queen (normally have only one queen).
I want to change this so I micro the queen(s) better, but I don't want to lose time when building units.

So how would this work:

4 all hatchs, so I can build units quick without using tab.

5 all hatch with queen, and use tab to switch to the queen.

How would this work, or it there a better setup?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I only bind Hatch when I have 2-3 in close proximity. Otherwise I bind to the queen and double click it since it's always near a hatch.

Zzoram

Wedge7 said:
2c8fa6e.jpg

I've got my eye on you!

I just hate people who accuse of hacking just because they lost. It belittles the actual problem of hacking by making it into a schoolyard insult. He actually made me so mad.

Here's the replay of the fucker playing ZvZ poorly and whining.

http://www.easy-share.com/1909779927/2010-04-08 02-23-36.SC2Replay

Wedge7 said:
I think what many toss do is hotkey the nexus with other buildings, IE robo, all on one button. Then, click the hotkey, hotkey chrono, and then click the wireframe image of the building, all without actually physically going back to your base.

This is epic advice that will improve my toss immensely. Thanks!

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Wedge7 said:
I think what many toss do is hotkey the nexus with other buildings, IE robo, all on one button. Then, click the hotkey, hotkey chrono, and then click the wireframe image of the building, all without actually physically going back to your base.
This too but I dislike tabbing through production buildings as Toss or Terran.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
fanboi said:

Now I use 4 with all my hatcherys, with 5 as queen (normally have only one queen).
I want to change this so I micro the queen(s) better, but I don't want to lose time when building units.

So how would this work:

Personally, what I do is I set each queen to the far right keys. 0, 9, 8, etc. I then select each queen by double clicking on the hotkey icon.

All my hatches are still bound to a single key, though.

fanboi

Banned
Halycon said:
I only bind Hatch when I have 2-3 in close proximity. Otherwise I bind to the queen and double click it since it's always near a hatch.

But then you lose the advantage when you are in combat to rebuild units... without leaving the combat zone with view.

Personally, what I do is I set each queen to the far right keys. 0, 9, 8, etc. I then select each queen by double clicking on the hotkey icon.

Hmm, still, if I use this I will lose the macro with the queen I think.

mcrae

fanboi said:

So how would this work:

what i do is have all my hatch's on 1, and sometimes i have individual hatcherys on other keys. as far as queens, i just click the minimap, click the queen, press r, and click the hatch. its easier to me than tabbing is.

also, with queen placement, i always put it on the left or the right side of the hatch, so its easy to click without clicking larvae/drones

anyone know the answer to this?
so does anyone know if someone has just recently activated their blizzcon 2008 key, when to expect a beta key?

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Was getting upset losing so much lately to cheese so I did a cheese and cannon rushed a dude...won but didnt feel that great doing it because I hate it when they do it to me :lol

edit: if anyone wants a lower level 2v2 partner let me know

Ashhong

cheese is fun :lol i love sneaking into someones base in metalopolis and putting my probe behind the smoke. this terran guy was all upset, "how did you get in?!" hilarious.

corran, how low level we talking? :lol

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Ashhong said:
cheese is fun :lol i love sneaking into someones base in metalopolis and putting my probe behind the smoke. this terran guy was all upset, "how did you get in?!" hilarious.

corran, how low level we talking? :lol
Im silver on 1v1 and Bronze with random 2v2. So around there I guess or lower?

HD and Husky are having an invitational tourny with 1st place prize of 1.5k$ dammmmn
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=118879

Calantus

wow.. first night of beta and i stay up till 5 am on accident, oh lord. Bright side is that i've won 3 out of the 4 placement matches

Edit: just got silver league, better than i expected since i generally suck at rts and first time playing SC was three weeks ago (with the AI)

Calantus said:
wow.. first night of beta and i stay up till 5 am on accident, oh lord. Bright side is that i've won 3 out of the 4 placement matches

Edit: just got silver league, better than i expected since i generally suck at rts and first time playing SC was three weeks ago (with the AI)
?

There are 5 placement matches.

Wedge7

TurtleSnatcher said:
?

There are 5 placement matches.

Looks like he posted first that he won 3/4 matches he played for placement. He then edited his post like 15 minutes later stating he got into silver, so I'm assuming he lost that last game.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Seems the only time I win is against people with ass burgers :\

Scrow said:
coming in april
blizzard time

I want the mac beta even though I'll be forced to run it at the lowest setting. I'm still on my 5 and 1/2 year old rev A macbook pro. runs everything like a dream, except games, i still love apple :)

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
KingOfSoap said:
It looks like everyone got an invite right now.

Nope, some of us who are hoping for a key still don't have em.

aznpxdd

Haha wtf, we are ranked 1?

When the hell do we ever move up to Gold? We've already been playing top 10 ranked platinum teams...

aznpxdd said:
Haha wtf, we are ranked 1?

When the hell do we ever move up to Gold? We've already been playing top 10 ranked platinum teams...
I think if you are in the top 2 by the end of the night PST you are moved up .. I think.. Cuz we jumped up from 3 to 1 after 12pm pst.

Calantus

Wedge7 said:
Looks like he posted first that he won 3/4 matches he played for placement. He then edited his post like 15 minutes later stating he got into silver, so I'm assuming he lost that last game.

Yep that's what happened, i should have clarified

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
F#A#Oo said:
That Zerg nerf is quite painful now...

I guess Blizzard want Zerg players to not compete mid/late game...
they want you to build a hive in the late game for reasons beyond tier 3 upgrades.

DemiMatt

so.. I know that Banshees pwn everything. like there is no question on what they cant pwn, even air they destroy.

But pwns hydras besides siege tanks?

F#A#Oo

Banned
Pandaman said:
they want you to build a hive in the late game for reasons beyond tier 3 upgrades.

To waste gas and minerals on Ultralisks and Brood Lords? Brood Lords are useful but it's hard to consider them T3 units...except for the range...everything else sucks about the unit...there is a reason why Ultralisks are a rare sight.

If Blizzard wants to up the late game for Zerg they should make the 2 T3 units cheaper and give the Ultralisk 2 of the upgrades from the off...so the Zerg will actually have a tank unit.

I said before the other races have "tank" units in T1 and T2...the only sponge like unit for the Zerg was the Roach but now that's been put down...

It's not even a question of mixing up units...those that say these are clearly not playing Zerg. :lol

I played a ton lastnight and watched some live streams and it was sad to watch I could feel people's pain through my computer screen.

JWong

Banned
DemiMatt said:
so.. I know that Banshees pwn everything. like there is no question on what they cant pwn, even air they destroy.

But pwns hydras besides siege tanks?
My spore crawler killed a banshee no problem, so you really have to amass them to be effective. By that point, it may be too late.
F#A#Oo said:
To waste gas and minerals on Ultralisks and Brood Lords? Brood Lords are useful but it's hard to consider them T3 units...except for the range...everything else sucks about the unit...there is a reason why Ultralisks are a rare sight.

If Blizzard wants to up the late game for Zerg they should make the 2 T3 units cheaper and give the Ultralisk 2 of the upgrades from the off...so the Zerg will actually have a tank unit.

I said before the other races have "tank" units in T1 and T2...the only sponge like unit for the Zerg was the Roach but now that's been put down...

It's not even a question of mixing up units...those that say these are clearly not playing Zerg. :lol

I played a ton lastnight and watched some live streams and it was sad to watch I could feel people's pain through my computer screen.
Banelings! 8D

JonAmikar

Ignorant Scrub
Will the Mac Beta have its own set of beta keys? For instance, can a Mac user add a recent beta key to the account and play when the OSX Beta is released?

Top Bottom