• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

StarCraft 2 Beta |OT| (Beta Now Reopen, GL HF)

Cheeto

MisterAnderson said:
Arg I want to but I'm trying to finish editing this video for my job. After I'm done I'll see if you still want to play. (I'm bronze too)
Nice, do I have you on my list?

Edit: I do if you're XMrMister

JWong

Banned
I raged. Full of retarded players in the 2v2.

I did so much harrass and control with my lings and my partner does nothing but build mutas. I told him that the opponents were mass viking and hydras, but he goes and makes corrupters and broodlords.

Jesus christ!

CzarTim

JWong said:

I did so much harrass and control with my lings and my partner does nothing but build mutas. I told him that the opponents were mass viking and hydras, but he goes and makes corrupters and broodlords.

Jesus christ!
I play in 2v2 and have no idea what any of those words mean. :lol :lol

I do the same thing each time, and even if you were to tell me what the enemy was up to, I would still be clueless.

I need a flow chart or some shit. At the very least a practice mode for me to try stuff out against the AI.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
czartim said:

I do the same thing each time, and even if you were to tell me what the enemy was up to, I would still be clueless.

I need a flow chart or some shit. At the very least a practice mode for me to try stuff out against the AI.
[Start as Zerg]
|​
v​
[Is your opponent Protoss?] ---> [Yes] ---> [6 Pool]
|
v​
[No]​
|
v​
[6 pool anyway]​

Cru Jones

czartim said:

Just click create game (which is not ladder based) and then click 1v1 and change the open slot to computer. it is only very easy, but you can at least try out your builds and get your timing down.

Halycon said:
[Start as Zerg]
|​
v​
[Is your opponent Protoss?] ---> [Yes] ---> [6 Pool]
|
v​
[No]​
|
v​
[6 pool anyway]​

|​
v​
Build 4 Spine crawlers during rush​
|​
v​
If your 6 pool lings eventually die off after raping their mineral line, roll on the floor and die laughing as 95% of zerg enemies/enemy teammates think you are vulnerable and send 20 zerglings to their utter doom​

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Ice Monkey said:
If your 6 pool lings eventually die off after raping their mineral line, roll on the floor and die laughing as 95% of zerg enemies/enemy teammates think you are vulnerable and send 20 zerglings to their utter doom
Flowcharts are fun!

[Start as Zerg]
|
v​
[Are you Pez?] --> [No] --> [13 pool to roaches and tech]
|
v​
[Yes]
|
v​
[10 pool, harass with lings]
|
v​
[lair, gas hack, 10 mutas at the same time]

CzarTim

Cru Jones said:
Just click create game (which is not ladder based) and then click 1v1 and change the open slot to computer. it is only very easy, but you can at least try out your builds and get your timing down.
Thanks for this.

hobart

Trasher said:
Hobart, I thought you wanted to play. Where'd you go?

Yah bro, my bad. Had to log quickly because I forgot I had to be somewhere (Hockey tonight!). So between the quick laundry I had to do... and getting my shit together... I just logged quickly. We'll roll some 2s soon tho.

I wanted to finish my tourney match this evening with Ice Monkey... but I didn't see him when I logged in tonight. I'm away from my PC at the moment... so... hopefully he sees this and we can do this at some point? Dunno. Dun look like we'll get it in :(

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
There is those times when you forget to Hold...and go DOH!

sc2nohold.gif

Corran Horn said:
There is those times when you forget to Hold...and go DOH!

sc2nohold.gif

Yep I've done that numerous times but have learned my lesson by now. The other lesson that gif should teach is that force field is your friend :lol

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
MisterAnderson said:
Yep I've done that numerous times but have learned my lesson by now. The other lesson that gif should teach is that force field is your friend :lol
sentry just spawn and i believe at the time I was using my observer to try to find where his army was at his base lol

Halycon said:
Flowcharts are fun!

[Start as Zerg]
|
v​
[Are you Pez?] --> [No] --> [13 pool to roaches and tech]
|
v​
[Yes]
|
v​
[10 pool, harass with lings]
|
v​
[lair, gas hack, 10 mutas at the same time]
:lol :lol

This is the funniest shit ever. I love you Haly :lol

EDIT: No ones online right now :(

mcrae

JWong said:

Jesus christ!

wait, broodlords own hydras, no? and corrupters> vikings? .....no?

what did you want him to do instead? :/

Milabrega

aznpxdd said:
Looks like he could have ended the game if he attacked after surrounding

It was me, and the game ended seconds after that. His probes and units all went down and I still had plenty of lings to eat his buildings. Without even sending additional units from my base.

Cheeto and I just finished our 2v2 placement matches. We were 4-1 and got placed in silver. One of our games was extremely close on Lost Temple, both Cheeto and I were Zerg, while our opponents were Zerg and Terran. After some minor back and forth battles, we made a push on the Zerg's natural expo, and ended up rolling through taking out the Zerg. At the same time, the Terran dropped into Cheeto's base and took it out, and with my natural expansion destroyed and my only army being a handful of Mutas, I decided to quickly research overlord transport and sneak away to the island corner to expand. By this point the Zerg left, but his teammate stubbornly stays with his moderately sized marine/tank/medivac army.

After destroying his island expansion with my Mutas and expanding a second time to the gold expansion, the Terran ends up dropping into my island expansion. I hurry my Mutas back, destroy his medivacs and fly away, leaving his army completely stranded (I had already destroyed his starports and half of his base so there was no getting off of that island :lol :lol) He stayed in the game until I destroyed every one of his damn buildings, he must have been pissed when I took his medivacs out and just flew away.

mcrae

JWong said:
3 broodlords + 12 corrupters vs 40 hydras + 20 vikings

well do 3 broodlords and 12 corruptors cost the same as 20 hydras and 10 vikings?

all i was saying is that the unit choice seemed to make sense for me. if he sucked at economy and was just feeding his units to the other team, thats another issue entirely.

sasimirobot

So I transfered the Starcraft 2 install folder to a thumbdrive (I use net cafes to play).

There are 4 icons in that folder.

1. Installer.exe
2. Installer Tome 1.MPQ
3. Installer UI 1.MPQ
4. Installer UI 2.MPQ

Cant figure out how to run/install it now...

If I download it again from battle.net it will take 7 hours!

JWong

Banned
mcrae said:
well do 3 broodlords and 12 corruptors cost the same as 20 hydras and 10 vikings?

all i was saying is that the unit choice seemed to make sense for me. if he sucked at economy and was just feeding his units to the other team, thats another issue entirely.
Oh yeah, he wasted a lot on mutas vs vikings earlier.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
sasimirobot said:
So I transfered the Starcraft 2 install folder to a thumbdrive (I use net cafes to play).

There are 4 icons in that folder.

1. Installer.exe
2. Installer Tome 1.MPQ
3. Installer UI 1.MPQ
4. Installer UI 2.MPQ

Cant figure out how to run/install it now...

If I download it again from battle.net it will take 7 hours!
That's what I have. Just run the .exe and it should work.

sasimirobot

A temporary file needed for initialization could not be created...Make sure that the directory path exists"

-----

Sorry I dont know much about this kinda stuff....

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Did everybody get their matches in for Round 3? It didn't look like too many people played games... =/

Zaptruder

Banned
JWong said:
Oh yeah, he wasted a lot on mutas vs vikings earlier.

So the problem isn't the unit mix, which you scoffed at... but the fact that he kept making mutas for too long?

But what would have been a more appropriate counter anyway?

Hydra's of your own? But you're talking about 1 v 2 opponents. What did you make to counter the viking/hydra army?

JWong

Banned
Zaptruder said:
So the problem isn't the unit mix, which you scoffed at... but the fact that he kept making mutas for too long?

But what would have been a more appropriate counter anyway?

Hydra's of your own? But you're talking about 1 v 2 opponents. What did you make to counter the viking/hydra army?
Banelings.

I decimated half of the opponent's armies with banelings. :lol

An Ultralisk follow up would have been more effective, or else counter with more hydralisks+roaches.

ZealousD said:
Did everybody get their matches in for Round 3? It didn't look like too many people played games... =/

No :/ haven't seen shagg online or see him check in in the tourney thread...anyone heard from him? I need to go to sleep soon and as I understand it noon (today) is the deadline.

Ashhong

wait are all beta players getting friend invites or something? i joined using a friend invite a couple weeks or more ago, and have nothing..

Top Bottom