• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

StarCraft 2 Beta |OT| (Beta Now Reopen, GL HF)

nilbog21

Banned
ZealousD said:
Did everybody get their matches in for Round 3? It didn't look like too many people played games... =/

yo it looks like ppl are trying to schedule their matches but have conflicting schedules . i suggest extending the deadline until the end of the weekend.

chris-013

sasimirobot said:
So I transfered the Starcraft 2 install folder to a thumbdrive (I use net cafes to play).

There are 4 icons in that folder.

1. Installer.exe
2. Installer Tome 1.MPQ
3. Installer UI 1.MPQ
4. Installer UI 2.MPQ

Cant figure out how to run/install it now...

If I download it again from battle.net it will take 7 hours!

You don't need to install the game just copy paste the starcraft II folder on an external drive or usb and you can play !

Arzehn

Ashhong said:
wait are all beta players getting friend invites or something? i joined using a friend invite a couple weeks or more ago, and have nothing..

No, I've been in the beta for about 3 weeks now and still don't have a friend code.

Zzoram

ZealousD said:
Did everybody get their matches in for Round 3? It didn't look like too many people played games... =/

I checked in but I don't think fatty has even logged in since the round began.

elostyle

Never forget! I'm Dumb!
Corran Horn said:
There is those times when you forget to Hold...and go DOH!

sc2nohold.gif
Exactly that happened to me when lowering a depot to let an SCV out. EXACTLY at that moment.

fatty

Zzoram said:
I checked in but I don't think fatty has even logged in since the round began.

I've haven't logged on Battle.net the last couple of days but I had turtlesnatcher in Round 1 and lost to the coin toss. Figured I was just eliminated after that. Unfortunately I'm still on vacation with the family and won't be home until later today after the deadline is passed so I guess I'll have to forfeit.

Milabrega

MisterAnderson said:
After destroying his island expansion with my Mutas and expanding a second time to the gold expansion, the Terran ends up dropping into my island expansion. I hurry my Mutas back, destroy his medivacs and fly away, leaving his army completely stranded (I had already destroyed his starports and half of his base so there was no getting off of that island :lol :lol) He stayed in the game until I destroyed every one of his damn buildings, he must have been pissed when I took his medivacs out and just flew away.

Awesome :lol

Cheeto

MisterAnderson said:
Cheeto and I just finished our 2v2 placement matches. We were 4-1 and got placed in silver. One of our games was extremely close on Lost Temple, both Cheeto and I were Zerg, while our opponents were Zerg and Terran. After some minor back and forth battles, we made a push on the Zerg's natural expo, and ended up rolling through taking out the Zerg. At the same time, the Terran dropped into Cheeto's base and took it out, and with my natural expansion destroyed and my only army being a handful of Mutas, I decided to quickly research overlord transport and sneak away to the island corner to expand. By this point the Zerg left, but his teammate stubbornly stays with his moderately sized marine/tank/medivac army.

After destroying his island expansion with my Mutas and expanding a second time to the gold expansion, the Terran ends up dropping into my island expansion. I hurry my Mutas back, destroy his medivacs and fly away, leaving his army completely stranded (I had already destroyed his starports and half of his base so there was no getting off of that island :lol :lol) He stayed in the game until I destroyed every one of his damn buildings, he must have been pissed when I took his medivacs out and just flew away.
This and the cheese fail game were some of the best moments I've had in the beta

hobart said:
No Ice Monkey? :(

lol i was on until like 4:30/5AM last night and never saw you :-/

I also call for a deadline extension for people who've both checked in because i can't play during the daytime at least on weekends.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Ice Monkey said:
hey hey! sweet, thanks to pez we get a deadline extension! Booyah

Thanks zealous ;)

If you guys miss this deadline too, I will facepalm harder than anybody has ever facepalmed.

ZealousD said:
If you guys miss this deadline too, I will facepalm harder than anybody has ever facepalmed.

i will too. My palm by the end will be at the back of my head with a bunch of skull and grey soup dripping from it.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Pandaman said:
uh, mila and terp played their games.

mila won, replays were even posted. >_>

In the wrong therad. The game wasn't even mentioned in the official thread. =/

Please put your stuff in the right thread, guys!

Fixed the error.

Milabrega

I had taken out his hidden proxy pylon on the ramp above the natural expansion. Maybe the tech just finished or was waiting for the Sentry to complete before warping them?

Round 4 Matchups Predictions

FromTheFuture (Alumnus.mosaic) P vs DemiMatt (demi.batsu) T
-There isn't a banshee rush in the world to save Demi from Alumnus

Procarbine (procarbine.red) Z vs nilbog21 (vautrin.ziz) R
-Procarbine is doing the same thing I did, psyching himself out against Gaf's second highest 1v1 ladder player

Hazaro (haz.ard) T vs valenti (valenti.valenti) T
-Whoever wins, gets to lose to Wedge in the Quarters

Zzoram (zzoram.zzoram) Z vs MisterAnderson (PyroGX.ptmc) R
-Haven't really seen Zzoram play much, and the medivac story from last page was enough to sell me on this pick

Trasher (trasher.trasher) P vs Cheeto (Cheeto.bandito) P
-Haven't really seen Cheeto play, but he's Bronze and Trasher is Trasher

Pandaman (Panda.craft) R vs Milabrega (Milabrega.milabrega) R
-My current losing streak vs Panda will continue to 0-8

Ice Monkey (operation.cwal) R vs hobart (hobart.hobartaj) P
(deadline extension from Round 3)
-This one aint a battle, it'll be an execution

What is star-gaf's opinion on base-trading? I find myself doing it fairly often, usually successfully. Somehow I often find myself with my units at his base and his at mine without them ever meeting eachother en route.

The rush of trying to destroy their base before they destroy yours is fun too.

zoukka

BlueScrote said:
What is star-gaf's opinion on base-trading? I find myself doing it fairly often, usually successfully. Somehow I often find myself with my units at his base and his at mine without them ever meeting eachother en route.

Often. I go mutas and proto goes immortals + the usual ball. I often win, because I can pump out lings to infinity while his pylons get shot down.

Terran always wins those trades tho.

Milabrega said:
Ice Monkey (operation.cwal) R vs hobart (hobart.hobartaj) P
(deadline extension from Round 3)
-This one aint a battle, it'll be an execution

Somehow, I want to retort, but the accuracy of this is disturbing. Only against gaffers do I appear to shed any sense of strategy that I show in ladder games and just sit in my base and crap my pants waiting to die.

Milabrega

Ice Monkey said:
Somehow, I want to retort, but the accuracy of this is disturbing. Only against gaffers do I appear to shed any sense of strategy that I show in ladder games and just sit in my base and crap my pants waiting to die.

Its the whole tourney setting thing. I did the same vs Terp, and Walrus did the same yesterday as well. Its the nerves, they cloud the mind.

Trasher

Milabrega said:
Its the whole tourney setting thing. I did the same vs Terp, and Walrus did the same yesterday as well. Its the nerves, they cloud the mind.
In my games against Pro:

FUUUUUUUUUUU WHAT DO I DO. OH YEAH I CAN MAKE A MOTHERSHIP AND CARRIERS. THAT SHOULD WORK. NEVER TRIED IT BEFORE, BUT YEAH THAT COULD WORK!

So fail. =/

Wedge7

I know exactly what you guys mean, the added pressure, especially with spectators makes all my practice go out the window. I tend to spam keys on buildings, queing up way more units then I need, forget idle scvs whatever. Its fun that way too, though extremely frustrating knowing you can do better.

zoukka

WTF my scores are reseted and I have all placement matches to go! Jesus Christ :(

I was just rising a division with blood and sweat :(

None of my friends have any resets wtf is this shit.

EDIT: Uhh ok EU RESET TIME.

Won

zoukka said:
WTF my scores are reseted and I have all placement matches to go! Jesus Christ :(

I was just rising a division with blood and sweat :(

None of my friends have any resets wtf is this shit.

EDIT: Uhh ok EU RESET TIME.

I don't think it's a real reset. EU server was bugging around earlier this week already. Seems again that the server has problems. But no idea if stats come back.

msv

Yeh, we were in a game just there. Maaan, I had like 30 bc's, was about to trash the place.

Now my friendlist is gone, stats gone, and I can't create games, cant even play normal multiplayer matches.

Edit: friendlist is back now. my 1v1 stats still gone, but i can play again.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Trasher said:
In my games against Pro:

FUUUUUUUUUUU WHAT DO I DO. OH YEAH I CAN MAKE A MOTHERSHIP AND CARRIERS. THAT SHOULD WORK. NEVER TRIED IT BEFORE, BUT YEAH THAT COULD WORK!

So fail. =/
That was so awesome.

I think my games vs Valenti will be good but I will do something REALLY stupid and probably lose.

TvT so unforgiving :[

Top Bottom