• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

StarCraft 2 Beta |OT| (Beta Now Reopen, GL HF)

JWong

Banned
valenti said:
Dota is a very..very addicting game. Heroes of Newerth is better than dota.
League of Legends is better than Heroes of Newerth. 8P

I think getting into Starcraft is a lot harder than getting in a DotA clone. The good thing is that Starcraft singleplayer campaign teaches the game properly. DotA and clones do not have that luxury.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
MisterAnderson said:
Yeah definitely. I pretty much exclusively played BW with a very small group of my friends and never really played seriously on Bnet. We'd always agree to no rushing rules, which I now realize is the silliest shit. Imposing rules that limit the exploitation of your enemy's weaknesses completely defeats the purpose of an RTS, but hey, we were kids and we had fun with the game so whatever, lol.

I definitely see myself improving although I still suck compared to a lot of you.
No rush just rewards the better macro player :D

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
JWong said:
League of Legends is better than Heroes of Newerth. 8P

I think getting into Starcraft is a lot harder than getting in a DotA clone. The good thing is that Starcraft singleplayer campaign teaches the game properly. DotA and clones do not have that luxury.
LoL is to HoN/DotA as WC3 is to SC:BW

Won

fanboi said:
Who is Won here?

I hate playing as anything else than Zerg... bah

Won is that incredible handsome guy in this thread, so I heard.

Your wall on Lost Temple still irritates me. And for a Zerg player it was pretty easy to hit you with a Nydus. That thing is dangerous!

F#A#Oo

Banned
So I had a friend over today and he wanted to play the beta so he goes and sits down at my computer and he shouts...WTF is this!!! I thought he discovered something he was excited about but he was actually criticizing my keyboard...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000B9OIIU/

Now he started talking about how I was using a crap keyboard for SC and ranting and raving...

He recommend I get a razor keyboard but no way am I going to fork out that much on a keyboard...

All the pro's in the video's, TV shows etc use some bog standard keyboards...nothing fancy but he says they are made to do this etc by those that run the competitions...

So is my Microsoft curve 2000 keyboard really inadequate?

fanboi

Banned
Won said:

Your wall on Lost Temple still irritates me. And for a Zerg player it was pretty easy to hit you with a Nydus. That thing is dangerous!

Yeah! Third game ever as terran.

I thought I was safe... then I missed the worm! First time it has happened to me. Then you tried it again but then I took you!

basterd.

But I won against you with my main :p Have to play more.

Veins

Unconfirmed Member
F#A#Oo said:
So I had a friend over today and he wanted to play the beta so he goes and sits down at my computer and he shouts...WTF is this!!! I thought he discovered something he was excited about but he was actually criticizing my keyboard...

Now he started talking about how I was using a crap keyboard for SC and ranting and raving...

He recommend I get a razor keyboard but no way am I going to fork out that much on a keyboard...

All the pro's in the video's, TV shows etc use some bog standard keyboards...nothing fancy but he says they are made to do this etc by those that run the competitions...

eewww, it's curved :/
I think he probably just means a regular shape keyboard.

nilbog21

Banned
Zapperkhan said:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0007TT3LQ/?tag=neogaf0e-20 is the main keyboard like 80% of Korean pros use. It's only like 10 bucks in Korea, but has been discontinued I believe.

Some interesting reading I found on keyboards last week. http://www.overclock.net/computer-peripherals/491752-mechanical-keyboard-guide.html

Dude i just bought that keyboard but when I plug it in my computer does not recognize it (tried both USB/ps2). Do you know if there are drivers out there for this thing? I can't find anything.... :(

edit: and to the guy w/ the curved keyboard.. it really doesn't matter anymore and ur friend is dumb for making you want to buy a (overpriced) razer one. curved/split keyboards were a problem for SC:BW when hotkeys were located on opposite ends of the keyboard, making it hard to reach with one hand. in SC2 all the hotkeys are located on the left side so it no longer a problem

Cru Jones

nilbog21 said:
Dude i just bought that keyboard but when I plug it in my computer does not recognize it (tried both USB/ps2). Do you know if there are drivers out there for this thing? I can't find anything.... :(

edit: and to the guy w/ the curved keyboard.. it really doesn't matter anymore and ur friend is dumb for making you want to buy a (overpriced) razer one. curved/split keyboards were a problem for SC:BW when hotkeys were located on opposite ends of the keyboard, making it hard to reach with one hand. in SC2 all the hotkeys are located on the left side so it no longer a problem

Immortals say hi :)

Seriously though, there is no reason that Immortals should be bound to "I"

rezuth

F#A#Oo said:

zdjecie-4.jpg

Feels good man

V_Arnold

Won said:

Aye, watched that fight, and it was insane knowing where that Nydus will pop exactly. :D

nilbog21 said:

Sorry champ, I have no idea. Never heard of people having trouble with it :(. I use a crappy keyboard.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
czartim said:
Is there a way to group different types of units so I can select all of them with one click?
ctrl+# will make those units selectable by pushing the number.

The Lamonster said:
Any tips on beating the AI on BW with a buddy?
im not sure what you're refering to.

co-op vs computer?

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
The Lamonster said:
Yep, we're getting better but that AI is really really tough and agressive!
you want tips on how to compstomp?

uh. build guys, dont go mech against late game terran. they will lockdown everything.

Pandaman said:
so i watched the mila versus ter matches.

ter, your wall in tvt :lol
:lol

That was hilarious. It was like a jungle of supply depots and extensions from his rax.

Yea I watched those games.

Mila the first game.. oh man... You had like nothign for 20 whole minutes. :lol

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Won my first proper game of Starcraft II, no relying on Ally!

Kick some ass, had like 5 command centers at by the end of it. Crazy

zoukka

Knew that a friend was coming very soon to my door, so I had to end a match really quick. Missed the loading screen, went 10 pool, scout.... ZERG mirror yes! Sent 2 drones more, two other drones to gas refinerys, build 6 lings, cancel refinerys, build 2 spines on the edge of enemy creep and EPIC CHEESE WIN. The opponent was plat I think.......

I'm now rank 4 in mud division :D

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
The Lamonster said:
Any tips on beating the AI on BW with a buddy?
I usually just became lame and massed up Carriers as Protoss or BCs as Terran. Usually won unless they had a good counter

Won

MrMister said:
2v2 not go well for you?

No, just had 2 1vs1 game, in which my Protoss opponent went straight to Immortals and Colossi. 6 Banshees later the game is over. That's boring! I don't want games to end after the first fight. :/

Also who plays 2vs2 anyway? That's for losers only! *hides*

ultron87

Won said:
No, just had 2 1vs1 game, in which my Protoss opponent went straight to Immortals and Colossi. 6 Banshees later the game is over. That's boring! I don't want games to end after the first fight. :/

And really if that is what you are doing there is little to no excuse for not building at least one observer to go and take a peek at the enemy.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Won said:

Also who plays 2vs2 anyway? That's for losers only! *hides*
no warpgates? kind of hard to poke a toss with a small banshee group... especially with a robo build that'll have obs.

Won

Pandaman said:
no warpgates? kind of hard to poke a toss with a small banshee group... especially with a robo build that'll have obs.

No warpgates. It's like someone told them teching up to Immortals and Colossi is an easy win or something.

I guess I'm just a little bit frustrated. A winning streak shouldn't feel so unexciting. :lol

Top Bottom