• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

StarCraft 2 Beta |OT| (Beta Now Reopen, GL HF)

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Pandaman said:
:O

edit: wait a damn minute, why werent those gateways warpgates in that gif? >:\

Its kinda hard to tell but Warp gate tech finished litterally like 1 second before those zergs came in and my gateways just completed their last units at the same time

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
sorta off topic... but has anyone read StarCraft novels? are there any good ones you'd suggest i read?

Corran Horn

Just played against a terran than Planetary fortress his main with a good wall off around the CC and tanks and turrets. Fuck trying to destroy that but I outmacroed him aloooot and could just send people in after awhile

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Corran Horn said:
Just played against a terran than Planetary fortress his main with a good wall off around the CC and tanks and turrets. Fuck trying to destroy that but I outmacroed him aloooot and could just send people in after awhile
Nukes?

Oh wait you're toss.

DTs then! Or immortals.

Immortals would blow that wall to shit.

Or maybe this is a job for... GASP, Phoenixes.

Corran Horn

Halycon said:
Im protoss. It wasnt that bad, I was just annoyed I couldnt colossus the defense from afar because of the like 15 turrets and he would banshee/cloak to fight me as well and my observers would go down too from turrets :lol

Haly

New flowchart:

[2v2 Placements]
|
v​
[Is your partner Delt?] -->[No]--> [Sucks to be you!]
|
v
[Yes]
|
v
[Platinum]​

Meeru

Banned
Soo..my 1on1 with Haz didn't work out that great, but I'm going to concede anyway. He posted the replay to the first match on the online forum, which was unfortunately ended short. See I really wanted to play him on yesterday or Thursday night, because I was 50% sure I would be working tonight (which I am currently)..sigh.

That was pretty clever though, before our first match we did a practice run. Then when we did our real match he tries to cheese rush me :lol. Wedge if you're reading this, just be prepared for that :lol

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
It was a strat!

Besides you went 8 rax reaper on me so you have nothing to say to me about that.

The practice was just to warm up with a TvT anyway, no sneaky business by me. Obviously I wasn't going to cheese you in the practice :p

*I also played 5 placement matches in 2v2 using mass marine + Phoenix/VR/Carrier/Mothership. Went 4-0 facestomping everyone then lost game 5 to 60 hydras. 4-1 mean Silver apparently. :lol

If you wonder whether marines beat tanks and thors. 12 seiged tanks have nothing on a marine ball :lol

Meeru

Banned
Hazaro said:
It was a strat!

Besides you went 8 rax reaper on me so you have nothing to say to me about that.

The practice was just to warm up with a TvT anyway, no sneaky business by me. Obviously I wasn't going to cheese you in the practice :p
It was 9 lol. And thank goodness I did, otherwise the game would've ended alot sooner. Seriously I wished that game could've been played out. Where was your rax anyway :lol

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Scrow said:
sorta off topic... but has anyone read StarCraft novels? are there any good ones you'd suggest i read?

Thus far, I've read Liberty's Crusade and Speed of Darkness.

Liberty's Crusade retreads some ground from the first Terran campaign, but is still a decent read. My main problem with it is that the main character can sometimes be awkwardly placed into the canon and there's only a single mention of the Mar Sara Magistrate (the character you PLAY AS in the campaign). However, I really like how the novel deals with Kerrigan, you really learn more about her as a human.

Speed of Darkness is really good. It gives you some awesome insight into the nitty gritty about marines, how they're trained, how they act, etc. It's very well written. I'd highly recommend it. It works itself into the first Terran campaign only a little bit, and it doesn't seem forced or awkward.

I have heard some really, really bad things about Shadow of the Xel'Naga, so avoid that one.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
valenti said:
It was 9 lol. And thank goodness I did, otherwise the game would've ended alot sooner. Seriously I wished that game could've been played out. Where was your rax anyway :lol
You didn't find it? Well then I will keep it a secret for my next victim...
It's closer than you think.
In your nat

I'm not sure how the game would have gone. I had like 14 tanks so I was feeling pretty good even if you didn't fly your entire army into my marines and turrets.

Trasher

Hazaro said:
If you wonder whether marines beat tanks and thors. 12 seiged tanks have nothing on a marine ball :lol
His Thors and Siege tanks were 2/2 upgrades, and my marines were 2/1 with shield and stim plus medics.

7 Thors/8 Siege Tanks vs 90 Marines

End result: No Thors, no siege tanks, and about 60 marines left. :lol

There were also a few lings and marines in there that I took out as well haha.

Can't believe we only got Silver. WTF!

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
something that just occurred to me about the Terrans.... their story is basically like the early settlers of Australia. :lol

a bunch of "dissidents and malcontents" shipped off to a remote part of the galaxy by the Earth government.

compare that to the English government shipping off a bunch of convicts to a remote continent.

Haly

Scrow said:
something that just occurred to me about the Terrans.... their story is basically like the early settlers of Australia. :lol

a bunch of "dissidents and malcontents" shipped off to a remote part of the galaxy by the Earth government.

compare that to the English government shipping off a bunch of convicts to a remote continent.
Should've given them aussie accents.

Also ironic is how popular the game is in Australia (go TLR!)

Spike

I've been really sick the last few weeks, so I haven't had much of a chance to play. But I am starting to feel somewhat better and should resume in the next few days. If anyone wants some easy wins/to help me learn to be good at this game, add me to your friends lists:

DarkKnightHP.spike

Haly

TurtleSnatcher said:
It was destined. God wanted us to own up the scrubs below us.
Funny thing, I ended up with +1k minerals at least 2 of those 5 games.

SO MUCH IRONING OH GOD I AM DROWNING IN THEM.

Halycon said:
Funny thing, I ended up with +1k minerals at least 2 of those 5 games.

SO MUCH IRONING OH GOD I AM DROWNING IN THEM.
I always end up with extra mins playing with Delt because we can wreck a team in the first 10 mins and I never expand and make another hatch to use it up.. No point. We just that good yo.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
ZealousD said:
I have heard some really, really bad things about Shadow of the Xel'Naga, so avoid that one.
i've read speed of, liberty, xel'naga and nova and i can confirm that shadows is... special.

it does have some interesting plot points pertaining to sc2 though, special guest star of general duke, terran civilians holding off a zerg swarm and the terran military getting pimpslapped an actual large scale battle and the almighty roverlisk.

its like a summer action movie, great fun but shallow.

nova, speed and liberty were all very good for game novels imo.

Haly

TurtleSnatcher said:
I always end up with extra mins playing with Delt because we can wreck a team in the first 10 mins and I never expand and make another hatch to use it up.. No point. We just that good yo.
I was usually desperately trying to make gateways toward the end of some of those with idle units at proxy pylons everywhere.

Somehow delt seems to use all of his shit.

aznpxdd

Halycon said:
I was usually desperately trying to make gateways toward the end of some of those with idle units at proxy pylons everywhere.

Somehow delt seems to use all of his shit.

That a lie. I'm always way too busy microing my units and not building units. But as long as we win...haha.

Edit: I just watched our last game yesterday, wtf were you doing!! You were letting me fight them 2v1 the whole time and you said "this is boring" :lol. We could have finished that game so much faster if you let out your 4 immortals. I think that was also my highest APM game yet...averaged 104.

I can almost understand IdrA hating cheese so much, but the guy should at least learn to defend against it better so he can prove his point about macro being the better way to play.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Pai Pai Master said:
I can almost understand IdrA hating cheese so much, but the guy should at least learn to defend against it better so he can prove his point about macro being the better way to play.
wait, so now micro in general is cheese?

Pandaman said:
wait, so now micro in general is cheese?

Nah, other dude played awesome. But every game I've seen IdrA get "cheesed" in, he's not prepared for it despite proper scouting. He's a damn good player but HD made a good point about his view of the game, and it tends to be the reason that he loses 90% of the time.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Procarbine said:
Hey guys, Vautrin and I are gonna be playing in about an hour, if anyone wants to see it.

EDIT: CONFIDENCE.
ill be running to the store but ill try to be back in time. ;_;

elostyle

Never forget! I'm Dumb!
I'm having a really hard time with Terran against Stalkers with Blink lately in the mid to end game. Can't use Viking harass anymore and shuts down tanks completely as well as outdance everything else :(

elostyle

Never forget! I'm Dumb!
Yes it does unless you get caught in a bad spot and have fewer units. In that case blink can be used offensively to instantly surround your units.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
elostyle said:
Yes it does unless you get caught in a bad spot and have fewer units. In that case blink can be used offensively to instantly surround your units.
well, being outnumbered by a larger number of units with higher health, mobility and damage will do that blink or not. -.-

Haly

aznpxdd said:
That a lie. I'm always way too busy microing my units and not building units. But as long as we win...haha.

Edit: I just watched our last game yesterday, wtf were you doing!! You were letting me fight them 2v1 the whole time and you said "this is boring" :lol. We could have finished that game so much faster if you let out your 4 immortals. I think that was also my highest APM game yet...averaged 104.
I didn't think they were stupid enough to leave nothing in their base!

Top Bottom