• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

StarCraft 2 Beta |OT| (Beta Now Reopen, GL HF)

nilbog21

Banned
mcrae said:
do you use overlord speed?

yes!!!!!!!

1) it only costs 50/50 <-- wowwowowo

2) OV's are pretty meaty. Equipped w/ speed, you can almost always run an overlord through/around their base to figure out what they are doing. even if it costs you an OV, its usually well worth it. wen ur ov's spawn early game just spread them around the map so they are always around when you need one

mcrae

nilbog21 said:
yes!!!!!!!

1) it only costs 50/50 <-- wowwowowo

2) OV's are pretty meaty. Equipped w/ speed, you can almost always run an overlord through/around their base to figure out what they are doing. even if it costs you an OV, its usually well worth it. wen ur ov's spawn early game just spread them around the map so they are always around when you need one

heh, i just assumed it was 200/200 like in broodwar. or 100/100. i dunno, i never used it then cause i never played real games. but i started using it after i asked you, and it is helpful indeed. great to give sight for blinking stalkers in 2v2

TurtleSnatcher said:
Also terrans can salvage buildings? wtf..? Really?

If so .. this explains why im so bad with terran.

im pretty terrible with terran as well, but i was under the impression they can only salvage bunkers?

Halycon said:
I remember that one fight you did on Steppes, Alumnus, where you put your buildings in a ring around your starting area overlooking the cliffs. Anyone who scanned you would've thought you were proxying XD
How do you remember this stuff? I do all sorts of randomness, I could never keep track! :lol

msv

TurtleSnatcher said:
:lol no.

Also terrans can salvage buildings? wtf..? Really?

If so .. this explains why im so bad with terran.
Eh? Thought you could only salvage the bunker..

elostyle

Never forget! I'm Dumb!
I so very much loath facing Zerg on scrap station as Terran.

Facing Protoss on the other hand is fun, much more straight forward to handle.

at first i wasnt enjoying this day9 thing where he's talking about starcraft but that description of being violated in the 1v1v1 free for all was simply priceless :lol

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Ice Monkey said:
at first i wasnt enjoying this day9 thing where he's talking about starcraft but that description of being violated in the 1v1v1 free for all was simply priceless :lol
the whole thing was a nostalgia bomb. ;_;

i swear when the brother lost his shuttle and two reavers everyone on the stream winced. :lol

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
any good terran/protoss team videos? my roommate and i are playin 2v2 and getting raped. There's a map or two where we share bases and I feel like we're building it all wrong.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
bistromathics said:
any good terran/protoss team videos? my roommate and i are playin 2v2 and getting raped. There's a map or two where we share bases and I feel like we're building it all wrong.
Me and Alum make a pretty good team when I don't fail.

Try going mass marine + Forge FE (Pylon, Forge, 2 cannon, Nexus, Gateway / More cannons)-> 3 gate Phoenix -> Carriers
Unstoppable. :lol

(More serious post a replay or 2 or a close game you had, this patch preferred)
Ice Monkey said:
blizzard is really testing my patience. I keep dreaming about getting 4 people together and doing 4v4 matchmaking. DAMN YOU BLIZZARD!
2 weeks.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
FromTheFuture said:
Speaking of which, where have to been my dear Hazzie!?
Been drunk on SC 1 stuff, playing a certain other addictive Strategy game...

I'll make sure to make time tonight and finish my placement. I need to man up and play some 1v1. Especially against you. Then I'll never loss to a Toss!

Wedge7

Ashhong said:
wat??????????????

I would assume its speculation due to Blizzard mentioning a long time ago that they'd have a fairly big patch in Mid April, mind you, this was a long time ago, but I would assume that is what Haz is referencing. Obviously, nothings confirmed, so dont get your hopes up.

bistromathics said:

God I hate that map so much. I don't know why, but the single choke point for each team kills me.

JWong

Banned
Wedge7 said:
I would assume its speculation due to Blizzard mentioning a long time ago that they'd have a fairly big patch in Mid April, mind you, this was a long time ago, but I would assume that is what Haz is referencing. Obviously, nothings confirmed, so dont get your hopes up.
Adding lurkers obviously. 8P

Lurkers who can move while burrow and attack air.

LaneDS

Made it to gold 2v2 tonight (5th!), hooray. Mostly my partner's doing who is way better, but still, feels good man.

I still hate offensive cannoning more than probably anything else in the game right now.

Ashhong

Wedge7 said:

well its too late now.

fanboi

Banned
Dear god.... I have to learn to micro the queens.

Since I have:

1) map control

2) a lot of minerals

3) not enough larva to build units...

4) lose

:|

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
fanboi said:
Dear god.... I have to learn to micro the queens.

Since I have:

1) map control

2) a lot of minerals

3) not enough larva to build units...

4) lose

:|

Same thing happened to me in SC1 when I first started playing Zerg. I had no Vespene but a shit ton of minerals. That is, until I learned the magic of HATCHERY SPAMMING. You get 3-4 of those fuckers up in your main base and assuming you have enough minerals you can overwhelm an invading force from witihin once they go for your hatch/lair/hive.

Oh, and build some defense also. Spore Crawlers are actually pretty damn nice.

fanboi

Banned
ahoyhoy said:
Same thing happened to me in SC1 when I first started playing Zerg. I had no Vespene but a shit ton of minerals. That is, until I learned the magic of HATCHERY SPAMMING. You get 3-4 of those fuckers up in your main base and assuming you have enough minerals you can overwhelm an invading force from witihin once they go for your hatch/lair/hive.

Oh, and build some defense also. Spore Crawlers are actually pretty damn nice.

Yeah... Spore crawlers should be in your backbone to build.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Hazaro said:
i love this shit

his mom is awesome

"this isnt some mario kart fun week in LA. this is something you work on. Im gunna have a talk with [your principle]"

"i didnt even know my mom knew about mario kart. i was like 'cool shit mom'!"

edit: im only about halfway but this is amazing. he's really living life. when you follow your passion, whatever it is, however it changes, life just becomes graby baby.

Top Bottom