• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

StarCraft 2 Beta |OT| (Beta Now Reopen, GL HF)

Milabrega

Milabrega said:
List of Gaf Members in Beta: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=20461745&postcount=7361

If you want your name added to the list, Post your BNET name in the _____.____ Format. EU players please post EU next to the ___.___ so I can put you on the correct list.

Best strategy to grow your buddy list is to add the frequent posters in this thread, and then ask for an invite to the conversation. In the conversation window you can open the tab on the right wall to see the list of players. You can then Right click Add all the names you don't already have.

Just reposting for the new page.

echoshifting said:
Add echo.echoshifting, please :)

BY THE WAY ill say this again, as soon as patch hits, everyone send me a message at operation.cwal and I'll add you to a conversation ill start with everyone in it. Better do it quick too or the conversation might fill up!

Milabrega said:
Just reposting for the new page.

btw mila unless im mistaken im rather sure that the unique identifier on names cant be capitalized.

Just looked at the list and half the names are capitalized, just figured id mention it although I dont personally care :)

I could be wrong, though?

scoobs said:
I literally can't even open the SC2 beta, says program is not responding :(

same just dont click it, it will eventually launch. I think it's being told theres a new patch but the server isnt responding.

Doesnt matter because then once you get in you arent allowed to log in.

Milabrega

Caps or not it doesn't matter Ice Monkey. I just copy paste the Gaf account name and the name they put into the post. But yeah, I dunno why I'm updating the list atm, its likely going to get reset once the patch hits and I'll have to start all over.

Milabrega said:
Caps or not it doesn't matter Ice Monkey. I just copy paste the Gaf account name and the name they put into the post. But yeah, I dunno why I'm updating the list atm, its likely going to get reset once the patch hits and I'll have to start all over.

gotcha, didnt realize you were copypasting. But also, dont worry i think everyone here appreciates your hard work :) I know I do!

NeoUltima

Anyone else who preordered from GS about this time yesterday still not get their key? It's been over a day, they said within one day :/

mcrae

o shit. i stayed up all night, with intentions of going to sleep this afternoon till midnight or so, and then studying for my 8 am exam all night. im gonna get home in about an hour and a half.... right in time for the patch to go live it looks like..... this could have terrible effects on my scholastic activities :lol

nilbog21

Banned
http://us.starcraft2.com/launcher/patch-notes.htm

StarCraft II Beta - Patch 9 (version 0.11.0.15097)

StarCraft II Beta – Patch 9 (0.11.0.15097)

The latest patch notes can always be found on the StarCraft II Beta General Discussion forum.

General

The StarCraft II Editor is now available!
Players will now be able to begin creating trigger maps in preparation for map publishing which will be made available in an upcoming beta patch.
Achievements & Decals are now live!
Players will now be able to earn achievements, browse the list of available achievements, and view achievements earned by friends.
Players will be able to highlight favorite achievements in their Showcase.
Earning certain achievements will unlock portrait and decal rewards.
The updated Homepage now includes a Recent Broadcasts panel and a News & Community panel.
A new Match History page is now available which will allow players to browse and filter their last 1,000 games played.
A new Community page is now available which features an in-game version of RSS news feeds.
A new Friends-of-Friends feature has been added, which allows players to easily find and connect with more real life friends on Battle.net through existing friends.
Additional friends’ presence details are now available from the Friends’ list.
Improvements have been made on the Voice Chat system in game.
Please use the new voice chat and provide feedback via the StarCraft II beta forums.
The score screen now features a new graph tab.
The art for many parts of the user interface has been updated.
Hotkey templates have been added.
In the gameplay options menu select from standard name based hotkeys for right and left-handed players, grid based hotkeys for right, and left-handed players, and classic StarCraft keys.
Several hotkeys have been changed to avoid conflicts with the "Select All Warpgates" UI button:
The Set Worker Rally Point has been changed from W to R.
Build Sensor Tower has been changed from W to N.
Terran Infantry Weapons have been changed from W to E.
Terran Vehicle Weapons have been changed from W to E.
Weapon Refit has been changed from W to R.
Burrow has been changed from W to R.
Spawn Larva has been changed from R to V.
Neural Parasite has been changed from R to E.

Balance Changes

TERRAN
Marauder
Concussive Shells research cost decreased from 100/100 80 seconds to 50/50 60 seconds.

PROTOSS
Immortal
Build time increased from 40 to 55.

ZERG
Infested Terran
Damage increased from 5 to 8.
Speed decreased from 1.5 to 0.9375.
Queen
Speed off creep decreased from 1.5 to 0.938. (Speed on creep unchanged.)
Spine Crawler
Attack period decreased from 1.6 to 1.85.
Infestor
Neural Parasite range increased from 7 to 9.
Fungal Growth projectile removed; Units in the target area are now instantly hit.

Maps

We've made a change to the (2)ScrapStation map to make the natural expansion easier to defend.
New maps have been added to the ladder rotation while others have been removed as follows:
1v1
Added (2)IncinerationZone
2v2
Removed (4)LostTemple
Removed (4)Metalopolis
Added (4)AridWastes
Added (4)Coalition
Added (4)Decena
Added (4)ScorchedHaven
1v1(Novice)
Removed (4)NoviceKulasRavine
2v2(Novice)
Removed (4)NoviceKulasRavine
Removed (4)NoviceShakurasPlateau
Added (4)NoviceDecena
Added (4)NoviceScorchedHaven
Added (4)NoviceTwilightFortress

how underwhelming.. i like the infestor buff tho :D

so let me get this straight...

...Those first 5 placement matches (I chose novice when I first started) are actually on a slower game speed? I thought they just changed the maps to protect against early rushing?

fanboi

Banned
Nardonicus said:

...Those first 5 placement matches (I chose novice when I first started) are actually on a slower game speed? I thought they just changed the maps to protect against early rushing?

Not the placement, the practice are on fast, while regular is on faster

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Nardonicus said:

There are 5 Practice matches and 5 placement matches

When you pick beginner you get practice matches at fast only speed *slower* and have rocks to defend against rushes.

Patch looks interesting. Glad to see Protoss not bugged too much

Milabrega

nilbog21 said:
TERRAN
Marauder
Concussive Shells research cost decreased from 100/100 80 seconds to 50/50 60 seconds.

I like this change.

PROTOSS
Immortal
Build time increased from 40 to 55.

Protoss Nerfs continue. This one isn't that major though.

ZERG
Infested Terran
Damage increased from 5 to 8.
Speed decreased from 1.5 to 0.9375.
Queen
Speed off creep decreased from 1.5 to 0.938. (Speed on creep unchanged.)
Spine Crawler
Attack period decreased from 1.6 to 1.85.
Infestor
Neural Parasite range increased from 7 to 9.
Fungal Growth projectile removed; Units in the target area are now instantly hit.

Necessary Spine nerf. Infestors still meh. Fungal Growth needs a damage increase or ae increase, or cost reduction imo, it got neither.

Maps

We've made a change to the (2)ScrapStation map to make the natural expansion easier to defend.
New maps have been added to the ladder rotation while others have been removed as follows:
1v1
Added (2)IncinerationZone

2v2
Removed (4)LostTemple
Removed (4)Metalopolis

Metal I don't mind seeing going, but Lost Temple QQ. I understand though this is beta and they need testing on other maps

Added (4)AridWastes
Added (4)Coalition
Added (4)Decena
Added (4)ScorchedHaven

Excited about these

Added my thoughts in bold. I see nothing about 3v3 or 4v4 though =/

thats it I'm slashing my wrists. blizzard you have wronged me for the last time you stupid piece of shit sonofabitch. why in the name of all that is holy would you not include 3v3 and 4v4 you cockknocker

Milabrega

zoukka said:
Queen speed nerf is lame as fuck.

Ever seen a quad queen rush on some of those shorter 1v1 maps? Definitely done to counter that, just like the scv hp nerf. I wonder why Reapers went untouched though.

eissan

mcrae said:
its gotta go on more than just win loss. they record actions per minute and income, army size, etc for replays.... i have a feeling (or at least a hope) that that goes into consideration when matchmaking.

well cant be APM cause I avg about 60apm a match :D but at the same time I dont randomly click either.

Meeru

Banned
Milabrega said:
Ever seen a quad queen rush on some of those shorter 1v1 maps? Definitely done to counter that, just like the scv hp nerf. I wonder why Reapers went untouched though.
Cuz reapers arent that op

zoukka

Milabrega said:
Ever seen a quad queen rush on some of those shorter 1v1 maps?

Well actually no. What could they achieve? Costing 600 minerals and moving really fucking slow even before the nerf...

nilbog21

Banned
The Lamonster said:
1.85 seconds in between attacks is in fact an attack speed decrease ;)

yes, attack speed decrease > attack period increase

But most of all, I am delighted they removed Lost Temple and kept Twlight Fortress!!!YAY BLIZZARD!!

Top Bottom