• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

StarCraft 2 Beta |OT| (Beta Now Reopen, GL HF)

MisterAnderson said:
You can get a Reaper into a Protoss base before he can get out his first Stalker even on the fastest Stalker build there is.

yeah but you move some probes around a bit, and as soon as that stalker comes out the reaper strategy is dead in the water.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
FromTheFuture said:
Well I'm gonna need someone to practice with for hours on end. I have no obligations today but StarCraft II Beta, patch 9 and new maps. Who's game?!?!
NFL draft or I would...I should be on for some time though

StarCraft II Beta – Patch 9 (0.11.0.15097)

The latest patch notes can always be found on the StarCraft II Beta General Discussion forum.

- General

• The StarCraft II Editor is now available!
  • Players will now be able to begin creating trigger maps in preparation for map publishing which will be made available in an upcoming beta patch.
  • Achievements & Decals are now live!
  • Players will now be able to earn achievements, browse the list of available achievements, and view achievements earned by friends.
  • Players will be able to highlight favorite achievements in their Showcase.
  • Earning certain achievements will unlock portrait and decal rewards.
  • The updated Homepage now includes a Recent Broadcasts panel and a News & Community panel.
  • A new Match History page is now available which will allow players to browse and filter their last 1,000 games played.
  • A new Community page is now available which features an in-game version of RSS news feeds.
  • A new Friends-of-Friends feature has been added, which allows players to easily find and connect with more real life friends on Battle.net through existing friends.
  • Additional friends’ presence details are now available from the Friends’ list.
  • Improvements have been made on the Voice Chat system in game.
  • Please use the new voice chat and provide feedback via the StarCraft II beta forums.
  • The score screen now features a new graph tab.
  • The art for many parts of the user interface has been updated.
  • Hotkey templates have been added.
  • In the gameplay options menu select from standard name based hotkeys for right and left-handed players, grid based hotkeys for right, and left-handed players, and classic StarCraft keys.
  • Several hotkeys have been changed to avoid conflicts with the "Select All Warpgates" UI button:
  • The Set Worker Rally Point has been changed from W to R.
  • Build Sensor Tower has been changed from W to N.
  • Terran Infantry Weapons have been changed from W to E.
  • Terran Vehicle Weapons have been changed from W to E.
  • Weapon Refit has been changed from W to R.
  • Burrow has been changed from W to R.
  • Spawn Larva has been changed from R to V.
  • Neural Parasite has been changed from R to E.

- Balance Changes

A. TERRAN:

Marauder
Concussive Shells research cost decreased from 100/100 80 seconds to 50/50 60 seconds.​

B. PROTOSS:

Immortal
Build time increased from 40 to 55.​

C. ZERG:

Infested Terran
Damage increased from 5 to 8.
Speed decreased from 1.5 to 0.9375.​
Queen
Speed off creep decreased from 1.5 to 0.938. (Speed on creep unchanged.)​
Spine Crawler
Attack period decreased from 1.6 to 1.85.​
Infestor
Neural Parasite range increased from 7 to 9.
Fungal Growth projectile removed; Units in the target area are now instantly hit.​

- Maps

We've made a change to the (2)ScrapStation map to make the natural expansion easier to defend.
New maps have been added to the ladder rotation while others have been removed as follows:

1v1
  • Added (2)IncinerationZone

2v2
  • Removed (4)LostTemple
  • Removed (4)Metalopolis
  • Added (4)AridWastes
  • Added (4)Coalition
  • Added (4)Decena
  • Added (4)ScorchedHaven

1v1(Novice)
  • Removed (4)NoviceKulasRavine

2v2(Novice)
  • Removed (4)NoviceKulasRavine
  • Removed (4)NoviceShakurasPlateau
  • Added (4)NoviceDecena
  • Added (4)NoviceScorchedHaven
  • Added (4)NoviceTwilightFortress

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
So here's the setup for the custom UMS map I'm thinking of making. Wanna know what you guys think. I brought it up earlier in the thread, but here's a more in-depth explanation.

Map Name: Ghost Academy
Players: 8

The map's "story" will be that you're a ghost that's coming out of training, and you're competing with other ghosts to graduate.

Players will control a single ghost unit, either the default male ghost or a female variant with 10 less hp but faster energy regen. When you have the default stats, that means a male can survive 2 snipes, but a female can't. Players will spawn in a wide circle around the edge of the map, on a raised platform with their ghost academy building, which doubles as their spawn location. The objective is for players to nuke a bunker that sits on a raised platform in the center of the map. In order to see that bunker, they have to buy a raven to spot for them.

So how do they buy that raven? Players will need to kill computer controlled units and other players to earn the necessary cash. Killing a marine gets you 25 minerals. Killing another player's ghost or a mara gets you 75 minerals. Dying makes you lose 25 minerals. Once enough computer units die, more will spawn. All computer controlled units will doing a patrol order around parts of the map. Players will also periodically earn minerals as time ticks, around 1 mineral per second.

Now the raven won't be the only thing that players can buy with minerals. Snipe will be the only ability that players will start with. Cloak, EMP, the energy upgrade, and weapon/armor upgrades will all be available for purchase. And of course players will also need to purchase their nukes.

Players can also go back to their base to heal up. The ghost academy will have a heal ability that works like the medivacs. To prevent spawn camping, each base will have missile turrets that can also hit ground units. These kinds of missile turrets will also be placed around the computer's bases to keep players from wrecking the computer too much and exploiting the spawning system.

Any thoughts or comments? I'm hoping that I can get maybe some collaborative help on making this so I can get it out soon.

Sykra

MisterAnderson said:
You can get a Reaper into a Protoss base before he can get out his first Stalker even on the fastest Stalker build there is.

You can easily contain a reaper with 1 zealot and 4ish probes for long enough till the stalker comes. I don't view that as op :p

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
F#A#Oo said:
No forcefield nerf? WTF is this Blizzard...
ocelot.gif

Exhumed

So hitting this up tonight. Again, add me exhumed.exhumed, ill be on tonight for certain.

Looking for some noobs to practice with!

msv

nilbog21 said:
im prety sure my shit is dling at 5k/bs and uploading at 5,000k/bs -_-
Yeah, the p2p stuff is fucked. my DL gets squeezed when my UL is too high and there is no way to limit that with the blizzard downloader. Just turn p2p off and it'll run much faster.

Des0lar said:
How do I update?? EU here...
Hasn't hit yet. Maybe they need to get everyone off b.net before they can start the mass update.

Is it worth it to wall up when playing as protoss vs terran? I know it's fully necessary against zerg.. but I'm thinking I'd be better off if I didn't wall up against terran.

Won

Meh balance patch notes. Don't think Marauders needed that yet. No Reaper change. NO SENTRY NERF!!! No cost reduce on my tanks. Don't like the Queen nerf.

But at least Immortals got their proper building time and Infestors can actually mindcontrol something now.

Top Bottom