• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

StarCraft 2 Beta |OT| (Beta Now Reopen, GL HF)

clav

After downloading the new patch, my starcraft 2 is stuck in an endless loop of applying the latest patch.

I'll probably have to reinstall this game AGAIN.

rar said:
while (1)
{
patch(Starcraft2)
}

Exactly my thoughts in pseudocode.

claviertekky said:
After downloading the new patch, my starcraft 2 is stuck in an endless loop of applying the latest patch.

I'll probably have to reinstall this game AGAIN.

Exactly my thoughts in pseudocode.

derp its everyone as noticed by the previous page. go into support and launch sc2 switcher if you want to see the new ui and see it not connect to battle.net

Meeru

Banned
Ice Monkey said:
I WIN

go into the support folder and launch sc2 switcher. new ui proves im right.

Bnet is down though
Maybe blizzard is still working on bnet o_o Thanks for the solution. Nice green ooze for loading lol

raphier

Banned
Won said:
Meh balance patch notes. Don't think Marauders needed that yet. No Reaper change. NO SENTRY NERF!!! No cost reduce on my tanks. Don't like the Queen nerf.

But at least Immortals got their proper building time and Infestors can actually mindcontrol something now.
"Paper: Nerf scissors, buff rock."

if you guys want something to pass the time and have starcraft 1, convert legacy map wheel of war and then click test map to see the new protoss UI

I don't know if any of you are new to SC2 (as in just got a beta code) but if you are, it has to download like 7-8 patches before you can start playing last time I checked.

mcrae

shagg_187 said:
lol yeah I was just going to do that :p

EDIT: DONE! *patiently waits*

what the fuck downloader are you guys talking about?

i click the blizard downloader in the support folder and it just says there is nothing to download?

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
mcrae said:
what the fuck downloader are you guys talking about?

i click the blizard downloader in the support folder and it just says there is nothing to download?

Do you have your cd key linked with your b.net account?

mcrae

Yaweee said:
Make a 14 person FFA map! Perfect for GAF games; nobody has to sit out.

wtf im not player 14person ffa... the 8 person ffas gaf was playing in sc1 while we were waiting for beta codes took looooong times to finish.. i cant imagine 14

now a nice 5v5v4, or 7v7 or something would be mucho interesting

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Ice Monkey said:
yeah but you move some probes around a bit, and as soon as that stalker comes out the reaper strategy is dead in the water.
then the terran builds a maruader and you die because you only have a stalker and you hvent been mining.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
HOLY SHIT

There's a "convert Legacy map" option in SC2 for the map editor! That means you can sorta bring in maps from SC1!

I just tried it with BGH, though, and while it didn't get the terrain, it got the starting minerals.

ZealousD said:
HOLY SHIT

There's a "convert Legacy map" option in SC2 for the map editor! That means you can sorta bring in maps from SC1!

I just tried it with BGH, though, and while it didn't get the terrain, it got the starting minerals.

look above at my post plz

wheel of war works. not all terrain is included.

guys dont even bother with the convert legacy map ONLY wheel of war works and ive tried like 30 maps so far, no custom maps like tower defense work whatsoever, its a joke right now.

Ashhong

Ice Monkey said:
guys dont even bother with the convert legacy map ONLY wheel of war works and ive tried like 30 maps so far, no custom maps like tower defense work whatsoever, its a joke right now.

you mean lurker d wont convert?! nooooooooooooo

Sloegr

Ice Monkey said:

It turns Destination into something strange. It's still recognizable, but the some of the terrain that should be high is low, and vice versa.

Edit: looking over it again, it messes up far more than just the terrain height :lol I look forward to trying this feature when they getting it working properly, though.

scoobs

shagg_187 said:
Download is finished. Battle.net is down and thus it's failing to pass you through. Close it and wait for Battle.net to be back up.
wow lame-o. Battle.net is getting owned. How can they expect to handle 1st day traffic with 500k++ people when they can't handle a beta lol??

scoobs

NovemberMike said:
Er, it's why they do the beta.
I know im just sayin.. theres only 10,000 people trying to play now and it can't handle it, multiply that by 50!

Also, can someone that knows please detail how to turn off p2p for the installer? It'd make everyones life easier.

Vague

scoobs said:
wow lame-o. Battle.net is getting owned. How can they expect to handle 1st day traffic with 500k++ people when they can't handle a beta lol??

It's down because they're patching genius.

scoobs said:
I know im just sayin.. theres only 10,000 people trying to play now and it can't handle it, multiply that by 50!

Also, can someone that knows please detail how to turn off p2p for the installer? It'd make everyones life easier.

derp i already did. you need either the war3 or sc downloader and then check off or on options in that. it carries over to sc2. I dont believe there is another way to do it

not to mention going through http is probably a bad idea anyway because of the multiple tens of thousands of people overloading blizz servers. hence why there is torrenting in the first place.

Infinite loop detected.

infinite+loop.jpg

So do we yet know how long down time is estimated to last? Or is this unplanned down time as some have speculated?

Top Bottom