• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

StarCraft 2 Beta |OT| (Beta Now Reopen, GL HF)

Gribbix

Awesome. I just got my Blizzcon 08 beta invite e-mail. Other Blizzcon 08 attendees and contest winners might want to check their email now.

FoxSpirit

GregLombardi said:
So, I love you Blizzard, and I was unfortunate not to get a beta account whereas a good friend did. But let me just say...that for 1.5 years I've sent e-mails to a certain group of my friends about how excited I am about this game and the beta etc., and all they've done is made fun of me saying the game wasn't going to be that big of a deal and that I shouldn't look forward to it.

Both of them got beta invites, one of whom made a farce out of any passion that I had for the game. Neither will now allow me to play it as they want to "try it".

I know you chose this via systems specs, and via location, but the irony of your choices makes me a big, fat, sad, panda. I guess back to play H0N for me :(.

Wow, you got it bad.
Keep you head up, maybe you'll get an invite... plus your friends should let you play for a bit if they are actually your friends, they know of your love for the game.

commissar

the music is so good :0

edit: this feels kind of unreal. so many memories of playing this on dial up and direct connection with my mate. so happy :>

EDarkness

Damn, I got an invite to the Starcraft 2 beta and I never even signed up. Not sure how that happened. Heh, heh. I guess I'm gonna install it now.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
EDarkness said:
Damn, I got an invite to the Starcraft 2 beta and I never even signed up. Not sure how that happened. Heh, heh. I guess I'm gonna install it now.
boo-man.gif

Minsc

Gold Member
jett said:
Are those "ultra" textures?

Either way, keep in mind the game does not have any settings in the options for AF filtering. It seems you'll have to manually force 16xAF through your drivers, and in isometric games, AF makes a world of difference for texture quality.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
EDarkness said:
do us a favour.

next time this happens, lie to us.

EDarkness

<sigh> The real sad thing is there isn't a Mac client. No idea why they sent me this beta invite, since I'm not registered on Battle.net with a PC. I guess I'll have to wait until they get one up.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
seems like its sharable if you share an account login and find a way to get it installed.

im checking my battle.net account every hour. :(

EDarkness said:
<sigh> The real sad thing is there isn't a Mac client. No idea why they sent me this beta invite, since I'm not registered on Battle.net with a PC. I guess I'll have to wait until they get one up.

can i have it lol

Oh my god. I downloaded the client, opened it up and everything. SO. CLOSE. Oh my god, I can taste the SCII goodness, but it's just out of reach. PUT ME IN THE BETA PLEASEEE *sob*

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I have a SC2 Beta button on my account but no invite in my inbox. Does everyone have the SC2 Beta icon on their battlenet account page?

EDarkness said:
I been waiting more then 10 years for this, give to me!

Belfast

Pandaman said:
seems like its sharable if you share an account login and find a way to get it installed.

im checking my battle.net account every hour. :(

Fuck that. After getting hacked a couple weeks ago, there's no way that's happening (and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone else, either. Account-sharing out of household is on Blizzard's shit-list). This is not PSN. :)

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Belfast said:
Fuck that. After getting hacked a couple weeks ago, there's no way that's happening (and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone else, either. Account-sharing out of household is on Blizzard's shit-list). This is not PSN. :)
uhm. okay?

ghst

thanks for the laugh
darkiguana said:
I am definitely going to have to upgrade my pc for this.

i'm sure the red and green teams have "starcraft 2 release date" highlighted in several colours on their calenders, with a package deal on bulk shipping to korea.

eosos

Banned
yeah if anyone has an unwated code PM me or respond to this post I will pay.:lol
but seriously I will pay like $50 not even joking.

Xabora

EDarkness said:
What? :lol
You lucky bastard.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
It's not helping that I just got a mud hole stomped into me in the couple games of DoW 2 I just played. If I were to be getting stomped in Starcraft 2, I probably wouldn't mind.

Top Bottom