• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

StarCraft 2 Beta |OT| (Beta Now Reopen, GL HF)

Wow, just putting it out there: If someone out there is amazing enough to share their beta account, I'd be willing to make it worth their while. Just covering all of my bases. Watching this beta stream and not being able to participate makes me want to cry :lol

I really hope there will be plenty more invites to go around. Make it happen, Blizzard!

Louminater said:
How is that a horrible trade? They're selling for like $200, so being able to keep it and share while also get a year of Xbox live ain't bad. I think it's reasonable for both :p It's worth a shot, I have an extra card laying around lol
hehe of course. to me that is 0 dollars of value, but do whatever you can. good luck

Door2Dawn said:
I wonder if account sharing will get you banned from the beta..
edit: well actually, there is probably something in the terms of usage about not sharing accounts. for battle.net edit2: yeah, it says no account sharing of course. so could definitely get your account banned

edit3: removed hilarity hehe

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Joseph Merrick said:
he means account sharing probably. definitely possible, although not the smartest thing unless you know the people you share with
Door2Dawn said:
But what about the account though? Can't you only use the beta code once?
my brain read that as 'how do you have the client installed', and my solution was file-sharing. but yeah, fair enough.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
:lol on that iccup channel. Checking his email and livestreaming it at same time and he gets SC2 code for the world to see :lol

Dreavus

Corran Horn said:
:lol on that iccup channel. Checking his email and livestreaming it at same time and he gets SC2 code for the world to see :lol

"I can't let people see this!" --*cuts stream*

:lol

Kimosabae

Banned
So, anyone gonna writeup some detailed impressions? I've never played a SC game, but it looks phenomenal and the hype is at mass critical. Color me interested.

Does anyone know the contact email address for the forum support? I used to be a semi-regular on the Starcraft 2 forum back when they were "in the final stretch" and all that last year, lulz. Anyway I want to post something, I log in, and it says I was permanently banned and where it shows the post I got banned for. It was when I posted a new gameplay video for people, and the reason was posting something malicious/trojans/whatever bullshit too lazy to copy and paste.

The site has nothing wrong with it at all o_0 must have been a mistake or something as a lot of people were getting banned in those days. I must post.

People who got into the beta should post their computer specs. I'm kind of curious to see what types of builds Blizzard is accepting at the moment.

Metiphis

If anyone sees any website/twitter contests or giveaways for beta keys, please keep us posted so that we may all enjoy this amazingness together :)

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
JonAmikar said:
THANK YOU!

Can't stop listening to the Main Titles. Some of the best video game music I've ever heard.

i love how they remix the original starcraft music in there and then BAM EPIC

Metiphis said:
If anyone sees and website/twitter contests or giveaways for beta keys, please keep us posted so that we may all enjoy this amazingness together :)

Please do. I'm getting seriously stressed over here :lol

celebi23

Got into the WoTLK beta around mid-August 2008 but, still not SC2 Beta email yet. Fuck, can't upload a PC profile for awhile. My MacBook Pro (2.33GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM) is at the Apple Repair Depot (dropped it off the Apple Store on Saturday. Logic Board probably fried, HD probably shot). Stuck using my 6-year-old iBook G4 (933MHz, 256MB RAM) :lol Probably won't get my MBP back until this Saturday >_<

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Zyzyxxz said:
gah I hope all the invites haven't been sent out yet!
I've been told that the beta invites will be sent in small waves.

Mik2121 said:
It has a Diablo II (and probably Diablo III) feel to it. I guess it's the same composer?
No idea if Matt Uelman is involved, but Glenn Stafford (SC composer) did come back to Blizzard.

Mik2121 said:
It has a Diablo II (and probably Diablo III) feel to it. I guess it's the same composer?
Nope. Matt Uelman, the composer on Diablo and Diablo II, is now at Runic Games, where he did the score for Torchlight. He quit Blizzard a few years ago after doing some work on WoW. He wasn't involved with the music of StarCraft or StarCraft II.

celebi23

A little off topic but, I just checked the repair status for my MacBook Pro & it looks like it was shipped to me (from the Apple Repair Depot) a few hours ago :D Should get it later today/tomorrow :D Will then update the SC2 beta page with a PC profile :D

Mik2121

Chris Remo said:
Nope. Matt Uelman, the composer on Diablo and Diablo II, is now at Runic Games, where he did the score for Torchlight. He quit Blizzard a few years ago after doing some work on WoW. He wasn't involved with the music of StarCraft or StarCraft II.
Oh, I see.

Still, if you have these songs around, check for 'BattleNet MusicLoop', at 0:32, that sound is exactly the same one that sounds in the second city of Diablo II. Love it :_)

NeoUltima

G4 interviews

I'm confused though..."first time we will have chat between different games"
The old Bnet let you talk to anyone playing anything. Just had to add @whateverrealm to their name.

Chatting to WoW is new, but all the other games could already.

League stuff is really cool sounding though.

Gribbix

Insaniac said:
anybody who has the beta, can you tell me for the protoss what model they went with for the dark templar?
I'm waiting for the beta client to finish downloading, but I know at BlizzCon they're were using both Dark Templar models. Perhaps it's changed for the beta, but the game randomly chose between each model when I played it at BlizzCon.

NeoUltima

PC Minimum Requirements:

* Windows XP SP3/Vista SP1/Windows 7
* 2.2 Ghz Pentium IV or equivalent AMD Athlon processor
* 1 GB system RAM/1.5 GB for Vista and Windows 7
* 128 MB NVidia GeForce 6600 GT/ATI Radeon 9800 PRO video card
* 1024x768 minimum display resolution
* 4 GB free hard space (Beta)
* Broadband connection

2Crisis

-COOLIO- said:
so is anyone with shitty specs able to play this?

I'm sure Remo could expand a bit on this but on his Twitter he wrote:

Briefly logged into the SC2 beta (no time for a full game), and it runs on my low-end work machine--good sign! Only 219 people are signed in

Also thanks for the music Vitet.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
NeoUltima said:
PC Minimum Requirements:

* Windows XP SP3/Vista SP1/Windows 7
* 2.2 Ghz Pentium IV or equivalent AMD Athlon processor
* 1 GB system RAM/1.5 GB for Vista and Windows 7
* 128 MB NVidia GeForce 6600 GT/ATI Radeon 9800 PRO video card
* 1024x768 minimum display resolution
* 4 GB free hard space (Beta)
* Broadband connection

phew, im in the clear.

2Crisis said:
I'm sure Remo could expand a bit on this but on his Twitter he wrote:

Also thanks for the music Vitet.

thank you as well

For those who got in already through opt-ins... Did you have "News and Special Offers from Blizzard Entertainment" Checked under communication preferences in battle.net?

I hope we didn't have to have that checked, I thought that was only for commercial products, and news updates...

But it says this:

"Sign up to receive news and special offers from Blizzard Entertainment to this Battle.net account’s e-mail address. You’ll get the scoop on upcoming Blizzard beta tests, the Blizzard Insider newsletter (an e-mail digest of all things Blizzard), the latest news on Blizzard games and merchandise, and more. "

But I don't know if that means we'll get news updates about it, or the actual damn beta...

Top Bottom