• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

StarCraft 2 Beta |OT| (Beta Now Reopen, GL HF)

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
MisterNugNug said:
Will our _______@____________ names carry over to the retail game? Or is it strictly just a beta thing?
Will be wiped. Also possible that they will drop the whole ______.__________ naming scheme.

It looks pretty good Corran.. a bit choppy but I guess it gets the job done. You picked the replay of my first 2v2 by the way........... yea... not too proud of that showing. :lol

Just played my first two practice games and I got crushed! The only RTS I've ever played semi seriously is Company of Heroes and my skills in that don't help it all.

suaveric

I'm having a weird problem, when I first load up the beta and sign in, nothing happens. The game just sits there seemingly trying to connect to battle.net but not actually doing it. But if I shut the game down, start it up again and then log in it jumps right to battle.net no problem. Anyone else dealing with that issue?

:lol

Well if it could stay like that.. I'd say it's perfectly fine

^
^
I was about to ask about that. It happens every time. I find that the first time I put my password in and it doesn't do anything.. i press the little enter button again next to my email and log in again. No need to quit out of it.

suaveric said:
I'm having a weird problem, when I first load up the beta and sign in, nothing happens. The game just sits there seemingly trying to connect to battle.net but not actually doing it. But if I shut the game down, start it up again and then log in it jumps right to battle.net no problem. Anyone else dealing with that issue?
when you enter password?

you can just click the arrow next to your name to connect again. it does that to me.

JoeMartin

I seriously fucking despise livestream and their delayed ads, as well as doing ANOTHER delayed ad every time you pause and restart the stream.

yanhero

suaveric said:

I have the same problem, very strange.

suaveric said:

You don't need to quick entirely, just hit that little return arrow, and re-enter your pass.

Fuck battle.net and their 5 minute warnings for server shutdowns. So fucking stupid. Was going to have a 5-0 placement match but now we both get losses. They should increase the warning to 15 minutes.

MisterAnderson said:
Fuck battle.net and their 5 minute warnings for server shutdowns. So fucking stupid. Was going to have a 5-0 placement match but now we both get losses. They should increase the warning to 15 minutes.

It counts as a loss...?

nilbog21

Banned
I don't think so.. I played a placement match yesterday when it shut down, and I still ended up 5-0

also yesterday the warning was 15 seconds :p

Fixed1979

Just finished my last practice game. I gotta say there's nothing better than after saying gl to someone and them saying "you'll probably need it more" followed by them giving you tips, then beating them down in a game. I'm pissed that the servers are down because I want to watch the replay. My build wasn't very pretty, my use of resources wasn't that great, but I thought I did a pretty good job of seriously harassing his base until I had enough to drop some hydras and destroy it. gg

EDIT: How exactly do the placement matches work (ie: what factors are involved in selecting your placement). I'm wondering if it's just win/loss, or if there's more to it.

eosos

Banned
Terran rock, won all the placement matches with a friend 2v2's
He drops and techs early. I get a bunch of marines and mauraders. Win every time :D.

mbmonk

I just have no luck with this beta.

I had time yesterday but the servers where down all day. I finally sit down to run my first game tonight... and servers are down.

No luck man.. no luck

Calantus

My god, i haven't been able to play since it went down for the patch. First the patch, then the patch overheats my graphics card, i cool it down, but i have to go to work. Now that i'm home, it's down!!

I raise my fist at thee :lol

Meeru

Banned
nilbog21 said:
I don't think so.. I played a placement match yesterday when it shut down, and I still ended up 5-0

also yesterday the warning was 15 seconds :p
yeah any games automatcally dropped by bnet will nor be counted against u

actually. i just looked. it's showing some other person's profile instead of mine wtf :lol.

TTTrouble.eternity

EDIT: logged out. and now it's showing my name i think. but i lost my friends and achievements.

DaveKap said:
Just get adblock plus and subscribe to the EasyList USA. No more ads. (Somehow adblockers have gotten better in the past decade!)

Please don't do this. This is why nothing is free anymore and ads continue to get more and more intrusive.

30-second ads on Hulu or livestream are awesome and hardly a bother, people blocking them are one of the big reasons these sites switch to pay-schemes or create even more annoying ads.

That said, I cant log onto battle.net either. None of these "tricks" people have been suggesting work.

Doesnt matter anyways, I am trapped at work until tuesday.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Damn it! I just get home and start up a game and get the message that the system is coming down :( oh well!

Yaweee

1-minute warning only? Goddamn

I was going to lose that FFA, anyway; fended off a huge zealot/Sentinel/HT attack, took out his expansion in retaliation, then got WORMED with a bunch of hydras and roaches. Are Immortals good against both of those?

Top Bottom