• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

StarCraft 2 Beta |OT| (Beta Now Reopen, GL HF)

clav

Yaweee said:
1-minute warning only? Goddamn

I was going to lose that FFA, anyway; fended off a huge zealot/Sentinel/HT attack, took out his expansion in retaliation, then got WORMED with a bunch of hydras and roaches. Are Immortals good against both of those?
Protoss counter to:

Roaches - Immortals
Hydralisks - Colossuses with thermal lances/HTs/Carriers.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Hey Panda, looks like we're gonna have to rain check on getting into 2v2 Plat because of the server issues tonight. Wanna try for tomorrow?

First played today. Awesome sauce.

First ranked game - build gateway, first Zealot, BOOM starcraft freezes, bnet is down for a restart.

Lame.

That's what I get for playing a beta though. Loving it on all Ultra settings at 1680x1050 :)

Colossus is my new favorite unit holy cow.

OptimoPeach said:
-USE HOTKEYS AND UNIT GROUPING
-Always try to keep your money low; low money = high production
-Scouting becomes key to recognizing what your opponent is working toward as you learn more about the tech trees of each race
-Try to establish your favored "solid" build order for each race and commit it to memory by playing it over and over so that it becomes second nature.
-Go back over replays when you lose; take note of any mistakes in your or your opponent's play and adjust accordingly
-Lurk on the SC2 forums on TeamLiquid.net
-Watch some of the more recent Day 9 dailies
-Watch reps/VODs from pros and analyze their strategies

What race do you play?

I started playing Terrans, but I am gonna look into information on the Protoss out of curiocity.

Anyway, I wanted to say thank you for the tips you gave above. It actually helped with my game. I highly reccommend to any other SC noobs like myself to watch your 1st few replays to see what was what. My 1st game, I noticed I had 15/19 units available while my opponent was at 33/40 or something like that. When he finally came over to attack me, he had lots of 2nd level infantry troops and I had no bloody clue how to react.

Another tip I picked up was that after building your 1st barracks, build a few marines for defense and go to an addon asap. I liked the Tech Lab so I could build Marauders but the giant mech at the end of the battle was what won it for me.

Also, RALLY POINTS!!! I cannot speak highly enough about these. They saved me so much time and wasted motion during the beginning of the game, I was shocked.

Ashhong

anybody notice a difference when scrolling? i mean when you put the mouse on the edge of the screen and it scrolls, feels slower or something

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Ashhong said:
anybody notice a difference when scrolling? i mean when you put the mouse on the edge of the screen and it scrolls, feels slower or something

I felt that as well. Almost felt like I was suffering from a low framerate or something. Of course, I only got to play for about a minute before the system went down.

Ashhong

Zefah said:
I felt that as well. Almost felt like I was suffering from a low framerate or something. Of course, I only got to play for about a minute before the system went down.

yea...feels too slow. i need to check the settings when i can, maybe i can make it faster

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Part of me wants to 10ling rush all the placements to get into plat.

And then subsequently fall back down to bronze.

Ashhong

ashhong.gaf still

anybody set up a chatroom?

Halycon said:
Part of me wants to 10ling rush all the placements to get into plat.

And then subsequently fall back down to bronze.

that is what im about to do right now :lol

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Damn it! I was just winning one of my ranking matches! Oh well... haha.

Is it just me or are Protoss Void Rays pretty badass?

Aesthet1c

What a bummer... Been waiting to get on all night (I just got my key yesterday), doing awesome in my placement matches, and bnet goes down again... sigh. Hopefully they won't reset the database again...

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
DMPrince said:
everyone should just go to sleep. we are killing the servers :lol.

It's 2pm Saturday, I want to play now! I can't all week :(

Oh look a new patch!

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Anyone want to play I suppose I'm EU?

VOOK.vook

I'll be on here all day >_>

mbmonk

If they required a B net connection for single player then I am just going to order the game w/ the slowest free shipping possible. Because their server are going to be down on release day at the least if not for another day or two :D

Top Bottom