• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

StarCraft 2 Beta |OT| (Beta Now Reopen, GL HF)

mbmonk

I was playing a 1 v 1 versus the computer ( ...yes I am that bad ) and I seem to have lag at times. Anyone else have this?

mbmonk.FunkyTown
USA
East Coast Killa ...... more like East Coast NoobLoser

msv

EU GAF assamble post patch 10:
-------------------------------------

fanboi --> fanboi.gaf
corum --> corum.corum
maniac-kun --> maniackun.gaf
Belgorim --> belgorim.alvar
Des0lar --> Desolar.darudin
msv --> msv.whaeva

raphier

Banned
EU GAF assamble post patch 10:

fanboi --> fanboi.gaf
corum --> corum.corum
msv --> msv.whaeva
raphier --> rainy.raphier

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Play about 10 games in a row and everyone just rushes now, that's it get 5 of any Zealot, Repear, blah blah whatever.

Fixed1979

You have to learn to defend the rush if you want to play online. It can be a little anoying, but that's why the the opening build sequence is so important. They have added the blockades in there for the novice levels but obviously this doesn't apply for the ladder games.

suaveric

suaveric.suaveric

holy shit i'm terrible. my only hope is that the other player is as bad as me. although in my last game i did get off an awesome defensive nuke that he never saw coming. took out his whole attacking army.. but the damage to my base had already been done and i still got crushed.

How the hell did I make it to bronze? I was expecting Copper or something. :lol

Out of my 5 placement matches, I lost 3, won 1, and the other one disconnected right in the beginning.

Terproerg

damit I just want to play lol. The music is annoying as hell while on hold.

Glad they fixed the larvae bug for zerg. Was annoying playing as toss trying to defend that many lings early on.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Terproerg said:
ugh on hold with blizzard, someone add an Authenticator to my account. I'm not even sure how someone got the information, but oh well.
I hear alot of this...I wonder how? Did you DL stuff or no protection?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
NA Zefah.zefah

I placed Silver - Division 6 last night, but I have a feeling that I got lucky and ran into a bunch of equally noobish players. I am about to start playing a few matches and am expecting to be stomped thoroughly.

I was placed into copper by somewhat intentionally losing 4 of my placement games.. I'm thinking a lot of other people did this because there is no way they are copper talent.... Or maybe I'm just THAT bad and didn't know it

Zzoram

MeshuggahMan said:
I was placed into copper by somewhat intentionally losing 4 of my placement games.. I'm thinking a lot of other people did this because there is no way they are copper talent.... Or maybe I'm just THAT bad and didn't know it

If you're in Copper and win too much, you get promoted. Copper is for all those noobs who don't bother to learn how to play the game and just goof around with friends.

Does the beta have a Mac client available yet? My friend wants to know and I forgot if the latest update/patch added the Mac client. I could have sworn they promised it was going to be available very soon a while ago.

Corran Horn

MisterAnderson said:
Does the beta have a Mac client available yet? My friend wants to know and I forgot if the latest update/patch added the Mac client. I could have sworn they promised it was going to be available very soon a while ago.
last i heard was sometime this upcoming week. Some rumors were 3-5 days after patch 9

Jokey665

I'm having a problem getting SC2 to start. The launcher opens for a split second before it disappears, and that's all that happens. The game never actually starts up. It was working fine last night. Has anyone else had this happen/know of a way to fix it?

EDIT: nevermind... it fixed itself after me trying to open it about four dozen times.

V_Arnold

EU GAF assemble post patch 10:

fanboi --> fanboi.gaf
corum --> corum.corum
msv --> msv.whaeva
raphier --> rainy.raphier
V_Arnold -> Oldern.gaf

mbmonk

Well I won my first practice match. I should have lost to be honest. I was protoss versus a terran player. I went mass air and only had one gateway so he rolled in with marine and hellians. The mistake, I think, he made was after he killed all of my army he had his troops attack my gateway and pylon. If he would have sent the hellians to my worker line.. I would have been done. But I was able to chrono boost and get some units out and then just used the immortals and void rays to mop up his mostly mech army (Viking + Thors).

BTW, I average 48 APM... take that!!!!!!

I will be on tonight so if someone wants to destroy my pathetic SC2 ass then message me.

NA
mbmonk.funkytown
East Coast

filipe

So, uh, who wants to share a good site full of tactics and faqs? I'm pretty terrible at RTS games, but love them to death. I got the beta key, and would like to do... well... decent. Haha.

Adent

Can't manage for sh!t
Is everyone else getting trounced like me. I've yet to even come close to winning against anyone. I need some sort of manual or something cuz I'm getting nowhere.

Corran Horn

Wow...somehow I won this game. He zealot rushed me and destroy much of all my early production/pylons but I was able to micro my last stalker around to hold him long enough to put up a forge and cannons to stop from attacking my line. I basically turtled up hardcore on my ramp then switch to void rays and somehow won the game 10mins or so later with void ray rush against his base.

Looking at replay, he isnt that great but I was still surprised I was able to win :lol

Looking back on my replays, I only win when my opponent doesn't scout me out or something.

And I swear it's so infuriating when they just happen to catch a glimpse of my gold expansion when they retreat after a failed drop/muta harass. :lol

Top Bottom