• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

StarCraft 2 Beta |OT| (Beta Now Reopen, GL HF)

scoobs

So i've been running into this problem recently in 1v1s with TvT. Both of us naturally go reaper rush and destroy eachothers SCVs and we're left with 2 command centers flying around the map until someone leaves of boredom... this needs a fix. I suggest giving command centers the ability to shoot really slow and crappy missiles that are nearly worthless other than to settle 1v1s like this scenario.

zoukka

scoobs said:
So i've been running into this problem recently in 1v1s with TvT. Both of us naturally go reaper rush and destroy eachothers SCVs and we're left with 2 command centers flying around the map until someone leaves of boredom... this needs a fix. I suggest giving command centers the ability to shoot really slow and crappy missiles that are nearly worthless other than to settle 1v1s like this scenario.

Fuck you Terrans and your Reaper rushes :lol

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Use your reaper to counter their reaper.

Rape their SCVs.

Win.

scoobs

Halycon said:
Use your reaper to counter their reaper.

Rape their SCVs.

Win.
Would work if he didn't manage to kill all my SCVs before i could kill his reaper w/ my reaper lol. It was an epic battle of flying buildings around pretending to be doing something productive

Haly

scoobs said:
Would work if he didn't manage to kill all my SCVs before i could kill his reaper w/ my reaper lol. It was an epic battle of flying buildings around pretending to be doing something productive
You can be really sneaky by loading one into your CC.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
For all of valenti's whining I finally got on and had a blast messing around :D

Hope you learned something about TvT and TvP.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
snack said:
Where can I find some pro Terran replays?
I've watched a few pro level T replays and I have to say that for most people just getting a NORMAL build order and macroing well with proper scouting will boost their win percentage crazy.

Like 3 rax mard, 1 rax FE, 3 rax + ghost push, tank viking, fast thor, etc.

The pro T replays I've seen seem to devolve into some kind of weird fast counter game where a ton of crap goes on to play against the other player. :lol

*Whoops DP, it's late

elbkhm

Luckyman said:
Can you run this playable with a Core 2 Duo Laptop and a decent Nvidia 9600MGT card?
I'm running on a C2D 2.0GHz and an Nvidia 9650MGT, on a mix of low and medium, and it's fine. Frame rate drops if I bring the camera down, but it's 100% playable from the regular perspective.

Des0lar

will learn eventually
Wow, some Zerg tried to rush me in 1on1 but my entrance was already blocked by depots, so he decided to destroy the depots... I just kept repairing them and shot the lings with 2 marines; when he failed a second attack with lings, he whined how broken the "random" option is, that nobody should be allowed to use random as a race because you can't counter it....Then he simply left :lol

Easiest victory ever
:lol :lol

remz

Des0lar said:
Wow, some Zerg tried to rush me in 1on1 but my entrance was already blocked by depots, so he decided to destroy the depots... I just kept repairing them and shot the lings with 2 marines; when he failed a second attack with lings, he whined how broken the "random" option is, that nobody should be allowed to use random as a race because you can't counter it....Then he simply left :lol

Easiest victory ever
I had the exact same thing happen, except without the random part. :lol quitting straight after two failed ling rushes. bahaha

Des0lar

will learn eventually
remz said:
I had the exact same thing happen, except without the random part. :lol quitting straight after two failed ling rushes. bahaha
Yeah he knew his economy was so far behind mine, he couldn't win anymore. I was about to rape his base with stealth banshees just a minute after he quit.

clav

Des0lar said:

Easiest victory ever
:lol ragequit

Yaweee

Hey guys, I got promoted and am now first in my platinum division!

5mdc11.jpg

:lol :lol :lol

isny

napkin dispenser
Anyone else having a problem with patch 10 looping? I've emailed Blizzard about it but have yet to receive a reply...and I can't post on the boards yet as I can't even get through the patching =(

Any help would be appreciated if anyone has found a solution to this.

Yaweee

isny said:
Anyone else having a problem with patch 10 looping? I've emailed Blizzard about it but have yet to receive a reply...and I can't post on the boards yet as I can't even get through the patching =(

Close it, go to the SC2 directory and use the SC2switcher executable, to start the game without checking for version updates. There's a lot of posts on the boards about it.

Aesthet1c

isny said:

Go to "c:\program files\starcraft II beta\support" and run "sc2switcher.exe". I'm not exactly sure what it does, but somebody posted that earlier in this thread and it worked for me.

Lathentar

Looking for Pants
Anyone have issues with ATI 4800 cards having their display drivers constantly crash?

I've rolled back drivers, reinstalled SC2, updated Windows and DirectX. Nothing seems to work, I boot up and all that draws are the cursor and sometimes the loading bar.

I have a mac book pro with snow leopard and NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256mb, and I just played SC2 beta with it and I'm very disappointed at my laptop that I can only run the game at LOW graphic setting... any way too boost the performance??? I wanted to play the game at max setting... =(

Aesthet1c

WORLDWIDEWII said:
I have a mac book pro with snow leopard and NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256mb, and I just played SC2 beta with it and I'm very disappointed at my laptop that I can only run the game at LOW graphic setting... any way too boost the performance??? I wanted to play the game at max setting... =(

Is this with the Mac client? I've heard people are having better performance running the Windows client through boot camp. That's just a guess though because I know nothing about Mac's.

Smash88

Banned
Anyone have problems with their screen flashing constantly?

The only way for me to stop is to go to options and just set the refresh rate to anything, like 59 or 60hz and even going back to default will stop this flashing. Everytime the screen goes black I can't click on anything? Any ideas?

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Smash88 said:
Anyone have problems with their screen flashing constantly?

The only way for me to stop is to go to options and just set the refresh rate to anything, like 59 or 60hz and even going back to default will stop this flashing. Everytime the screen goes black I can't click on anything? Any ideas?
I dunno but are you on fullscreen? Maybe try Fullscreen (Windowed) version.

Corran Horn

SilentProtagonist said:
Quick question: Is there a way to set the AI to anything but Very Easy?
Also, have they said anything about putting out maps that allow for 4v4? or 3v2?
1. AI is very easy only. I dont recall hearing anything about increasing that during the beta. Its basically there just to learn the game for beginners in the beta. I know the people who hacked (or whatever is the correct term) SC2 were making progress on a good AI, but I have no idea how far they have gotten in the last few months

2. Recent Q&A said mid May we will see those maps/games.

Haly

SilentProtagonist said:
Quick question: Is there a way to set the AI to anything but Very Easy?
Also, have they said anything about putting out maps that allow for 4v4? or 3v2?
Not yet, blizzard's AI coders are doing something else I guess.

Yes but sometime mid may because they want to focus on 1v1 balance.

By which I mean nerfing all three races until they're homogenous.

SC2 getting WoWified confirmed.

Aesthet1c said:
Is this with the Mac client? I've heard people are having better performance running the Windows client through boot camp. That's just a guess though because I know nothing about Mac's.

yeap mac client.

Yaweee

AwesomeSyrup said:
I can't play the game because the patch won't download right, it downloads then starts over. I'm about to break something.

Look up a few posts. It's a known and fixable issue.

jasonng

WORLDWIDEWII said:
yeap mac client.

Yeah, I was playing the beta on bootcamp before I switched to the mac client. I dont know what it is but it runs much smoother on windows 7 as of now. Hopefully that will be fixed soon.

Corran Horn

Kodiak said:
Hey guys I'm pretty new to this thread and 250+ pages is a lot to read through so I'll just ask

anyone reading Fairy Tail?

It's the first time I've really gotten into a manga like this besides Ippo or Berserk and I'm really loving it. Love the creative character designs, the energetic action, and its actually pretty consistently funny.

Doesn't hurt that every female character is well endowed :lol
dude-wait-what.jpg

Kodiak said:
Hey guys I'm pretty new to this thread and 250+ pages is a lot to read through so I'll just ask

anyone reading Fairy Tail?

It's the first time I've really gotten into a manga like this besides Ippo or Berserk and I'm really loving it. Love the creative character designs, the energetic action, and its actually pretty consistently funny.

Doesn't hurt that every female character is well endowed :lol
weed and gaf doesn't mix

momolicious said:
Rage quitting is better than wasting time when you know you are going to lose anyways.
Rage quitting is usually just leaving without saying 'gg'. Pretty much everyone surrenders when they have no chance - unless they want to be a dick and make you destroy everything - which is worse than leaving without gg :lol.

Top Bottom