• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

StarCraft 2 Beta |OT| (Beta Now Reopen, GL HF)

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Hazaro said:
was 'r' until the last patch.

Here's a quick vid I did, I should cut the fps down by 2 or 3, cut the res a bit, and get a nicer less blocky image I think. Also upped the bandwidth a bit. (Will test stream these changes later).
*Or I can cut the FPS from 24/22 down to 12 like Corran did :lol

It was a good match, but I skipped the beginning since it was 9 minutes of not much happening besides some early ling pressure vs the Terran (me) and losing like 15 SCV's early on.
Thoughts? Anyone else stream?

mcrae

Wedge7 said:
Hrm, this is probably a huge jack ass move, but I honestly dont care. Whenever people rage quit and just leave the game without a gg, I always follow it up with a msg 'lol?'. I'm probably just an ass, but it always kinda irritates me if you leave without gg. I dont care if it wasn't a good game, or if you screwed up, just say it. I make a point of saying it even when I'm pissed/made a mistake/get cheesed/whatever. I sort of understand it when guys who dont even do the customary gl hf stuff, but if you make the effort to say that at the beginning, at least just say gg and you leave.

well if it wasnt a gg, then why say it?

taking the position that gg should be uttered at the end of EVERY SINGLE GAME NO EXCEPTIONS completely removes any meaning from the actual words.

i only say gg when the other person does, or when it was actually a gg. sometimes i'll be more like 'really gg guys, good job' or whatever.

Does anyone know why some of my decals/doodads in this case aren't properly translating in-game? In this screenshot, the top image is of the editor, and the second is what it looks like in test mode in-game. For some reason the decals are dropping under the Terran Tarmac doodad. In some cases some of the decals come through, it seems to be random which ones show through and which ones are layered underneath...anyone know if there's some way to fix this or should I just not stack decals on top of tarmac?

2lc1m5h.jpg

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
FromTheFuture said:
Would you guys mind if we held it off for awhile? Not too long, of course. It's just I've been super busy and would like to practice for a bit beforehand. Wouldn't want to disappoint the viewers!

The only real restriction here is that you and valenti need to agree upon a time and warn us beforehand. Peak hours would be preferable. A week or so is probably fine, but don't make us wait too long!

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Plus you would need to get your livestream verified if we get over 50 viewers :lol

What are you other settings by the way? Other than the FPS dips it looks fairly good.
I wonder if I should cut the FPS down from 22, but I need fluid motion myself (plus it held up in the big fight near the middle).

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
My livestream is verified:
http://www.livestream.com/corran

this is part of my xml setup for FME
<device>VHScrCap</device>
<crossbar_input>0</crossbar_input>
<frame_rate>25.00</frame_rate>
<size>
<width>1920</width>
<height>1080</height>

<device>Stereo Mix (Realtek High Defini</device>
<crossbar_input>0</crossbar_input>
<sample_rate>44100</sample_rate>
<channels>2</channels>
<input_volume>61</input_volume>

<video>
<crop>
<left>96</left>
<top>0</top>
<right>96</right>
<bottom>0</bottom>
<preserve_aspect>0</preserve_aspect>
<width>800</width>
<height>500</height>
<format>VP6</format>
<datarate>1000</datarate>
<keyframe_frequency>3 seconds</keyframe_frequency>
<quality>Avg Quality - Great Framerate</quality>
<noise_reduction>Low</noise_reduction>
<datarate_window>Medium</datarate_window>
<cpu_usage>Dedicated</cpu_usage>
<format>Mp3</format>
<datarate>224</datarate>

JoeMartin

SC2 streams (EDIT: that is, having watched so many livestream SC2 streams) have literally made me hate Livestream to the point that I don't bother watching streams on it anymore.

Their delayed ads can go fuck themselves, as can their popup ads that cover half the fucking screen after watching their delayed ads. And the amount of times I get double video ads, combined with the fact that they remove volume controls when ads are up so I can't even fucking mute them. Worse are the ads that force you to click through them to get back to the stream.

Fuck Livestream.

:rage:

Instro

I seem to be averaging 400-500kbs, so its not terrible but it should be at least double this. Ah well though only 35% left.

congrats to valenti and fromthefuture !

gl to both of ya.

Instro said:
So are the patches supposed to dl so slowly? Cause the bar is barely moving :lol

in the blizz dl turn off that peer to peer crap ... makes it go 5x as fast.

Instro

Seems to run fairly well on all ultra settings on my AMD X2 @3ghz and 8800gt, ill probably drop a couple settings down to high though to make it run better. Definitely a nice looking game though.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
if there is an eu tournament at any time i can stream it :D i have a setup all ready

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
even if we cant one up i can stream some games anyway :D if the parties so desired

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
JoeMartin said:
SC2 streams (EDIT: that is, having watched so many livestream SC2 streams) have literally made me hate Livestream to the point that I don't bother watching streams on it anymore.

Their delayed ads can go fuck themselves, as can their popup ads that cover half the fucking screen after watching their delayed ads. And the amount of times I get double video ads, combined with the fact that they remove volume controls when ads are up so I can't even fucking mute them. Worse are the ads that force you to click through them to get back to the stream.

Fuck Livestream.

:rage:
Ah that's right, probably better to let Corran get some nice steady FPS and use the other site.
I don't want to go though the whole FME setup + desktop cam again. Procaster makes it sooo much easier.

I have had the livestream ads blocked for so long I can't remember having them.

Mr Cola

fanboi said:
ooooooh.

Nice games yesterday... but I didn't see you play :<

Still learning, ill be up for human games soon im sure, all in good time

roMonster

Ummm--what is a good hard counter for Thors with Protoss. I just got beasted by someone who went mmm and thors. I got immortals but the range difference killed me.

Zealots w/ charge?
Colossus?

I dunno how he got so many thors so quickly. o_O

raphier

Banned
roMonster said:
Ummm--what is a good hard counter for Thors with Protoss. I just got beasted by someone who went mmm and thors. I got immortals but the range difference killed me.

Zealots w/ charge?
Colossus?

vs thors Zealots /w charge are good. I also go Immortals, which rape them down easily, at least with me.

FoxSpirit

msv said:
I've been there BOI. Apparently I just missed you yesterday, we played a 2v2 and knives and I tested banelings vs mules :p

I'd love to, but my dinner is ready. And zotac cup is on bb. Gretorp has a cool strat vs protoss, I def want to see that.

Word. That 2vs2 was great :D

roMonster said:

Zealots w/ charge?
Colossus?

Watch the replay, see how your income compared. And yeah, Colossi are great but you need at least 3-4 and some decent meatshield in front. High templars also work nicely. Beware of Ghosts.

roMonster

raphier said:
vs thors Zealots /w charge are good. I also go Immortals, which rape them down easily, at least with me.

Yea, I think my army mix wasn't well suited for Thors. I think I over spent on stalkers. Should have built more zealots. And boosted out more immortals.

fanboi

Banned
EU List:

fanboi --> fanboi.gaf
corum --> corum.corum
maniac-kun --> maniackun.gaf
Belgorim --> belgorim.alvar
Des0lar --> Desolar.darudin
msv --> msv.whaeva
raphier --> rainy.raphier
V_Arnold -> Oldern.gaf

latest I could find... please add yourself to it (EU)

Mr Cola

fanboi said:
EU List:

fanboi --> fanboi.gaf
corum --> corum.corum
msv --> msv.whaeva
V_Arnold -> Oldern.gaf

Mr Cola --> Frack.lehat

Slacker

ultron87 said:
Playing 2v2 with my housemate is really fun since we don't have to use that silly text chat thing to coordinate.
I'm sure this has been asked and answered a few times here but I can't find it: Does voice chat work in the beta? I tried it a couple times and it looks like it's working but my buddy isn't hearing anything.

roMonster said:

Zealots w/ charge?
Colossus?

High Templar feedback, you can effectively take a thor down to half life if he isnt using his ability

msv

Slacker said:
I'm sure this has been asked and answered a few times here but I can't find it: Does voice chat work in the beta? I tried it a couple times and it looks like it's working but my buddy isn't hearing anything.
It works I tried it. Default PTT is set to the grave ( ` ) key. Press that then you can talk.

@fanboi, BRO, dude, I just like to party! Didn't got often this week, only the thursday and the sunday.

Also I'm in for a tournament, definitely. We gotta get that EU list more fleshed out though, I have way more people in my list than that.

fanboi

Banned
msv said:
It works I tried it. Default PTT is set to the grave ( ` ) key. Press that then you can talk.

@fanboi, BRO, dude, I just like to party! Didn't got often this week, only the thursday and the sunday.

Also I'm in for a tournament, definitely. We gotta get that EU list more fleshed out though, I have way more people in my list than that.

Just like to party! That was she said!

Yeah, my list is also WAY more pps.

Kinyou

Finally got into the beta through amazon today, but it looks like I still won't be able to play it...

This is what always appears when I start up the game. As you can see it's impossible to log in because there is no Password field...

2vxotqh.jpg

Any ideas what I could do to fix this?

zoukka

fanboi said:
EU List:

fanboi --> fanboi.gaf
corum --> corum.corum
msv --> msv.whaeva
V_Arnold -> Oldern.gaf
zoukka -> zoukka.fin

zerg 4 life

Kinyou

Yaweee said:
The password field appears after you enter your account name... (which is your email address)

ohh....

I feel so stupid now :lol (That strange pink A led me immediately to the assumption that it must be a bug)

Meeru

Banned
Kinyou said:
ohh....

I feel so stupid now :lol (That strange pink A led me immediately to the assumption that it must be a bug)
You should. The pink A is for those who want to type in korean.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
FromTheFuture said:
I truly am. Feels like everyone is telling me how badly valenti is going to beat my ass. And how much he's practicing TvP while I'm barely playing. Probably just me though :lol
If you find a reliable counter to Marine/Tank/Viking let me know,

FoxSpirit

fanboi said:
EU List:

fanboi --> fanboi.gaf
corum --> corum.corum
msv --> msv.whaeva
V_Arnold -> Oldern.gaf
Mr Cola --> Frack.lehat
zoukka -> zoukka.fin
FoxSpirit -> FoxSpirit.legacy

Ok, bolded are the new guys :D

mbmonk

mcrae said:
well if it wasnt a gg, then why say it?

taking the position that gg should be uttered at the end of EVERY SINGLE GAME NO EXCEPTIONS completely removes any meaning from the actual words.

i only say gg when the other person does, or when it was actually a gg. sometimes i'll be more like 'really gg guys, good job' or whatever.

Someone doesn't have to say 'gg'. It just about sportsmanship.

Top Bottom