• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

StarCraft 2 Beta |OT| (Beta Now Reopen, GL HF)

Milabrega said:
Enjoy member/lurker/friend of gaf member who gets it.

The begging thread exists for a reason! No wonder that list is never getting shorter because people randomly post codes outside of the topic for any old lurker to snatch instead of contributing properly.

Seriously.... this is ridiculous

Yaweee

ChronicleX said:
The begging thread exists for a reason! No wonder that list is never getting shorter because people randomly post codes outside of the topic for any old lurker to snatch instead of contributing properly.

I suspect the list is horrifyingly out of date, since so many people (basically all of the US, Canada, and the Australia) have unlimited access to beta keys.

mbmonk

Zefah said:
Is it really that hard to type things out? Seriously? I wonder if I am in the minority here by being annoyed by this type of thing.

I understand your frustration. And it is valid, but it doesn't bother me. Every community or profession has it's jargon.

As an outsider if you want to interface with that community then you need to learn it.

Tworak

ChronicleX said:

:lol

I gave up trying to get a key from that thread ages ago.

mbmonk

ChronicleX said:

Dude can give his key away in any manner he chooses. You may disagree but it's not your key. So it's not your call. So it's not your business. :lol

Yaweee said:
I suspect the list is horrifyingly out of date, since so many people have essentially unlimited access to beta keys.

Only because people have being ignoring it, and if the people with unlimited keys just stopped by they could complete the list and make the members who have been waiting happy instead of random ungrateful lurker number 189723 billion.

I been on that list waiting patiently for around a month and still nothing, hence I am getting pissed at people randomly throwing keys at lurkers.

mbmonk

ChronicleX said:
I been on that list waiting patiently for around a month and still nothing, hence I am getting pissed at people randomly throwing keys at lurkers.

Jt_cry_me_a_river.jpg

mcrae

ChronicleX said:

dude, its HIS key to give away as he pleases. just because someone is a lurker doesnt mean they arent a member waiting to be approved. fucking sense of entitlement much?

as a slight aside, i looked at the original list today, and one of the most updated.. i think only 15 or so keys were given to people at the top of the list, lol

mcrae said:
dude, its HIS key to give away as he pleases. just because someone is a lurker doesnt mean they arent a member waiting to be approved. fucking sense of entitlement much?l

People waiting to be members are not members. That would be like having waiters in a restaurant taking the orders of people walking past while ignoring the ones sitting at the tables. I am not contesting what people do with their keys, I am contesting the community aspect of the community this is meant to be.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
ChronicleX said:
People waiting to be members are not members. That would be like having waiters in a restaurant taking the orders of people walking past while ignoring the ones sitting at the tables. I am not contesting what people do with their keys, I am contesting the community aspect of the community this is meant to be.
chill pill man. Let the man do what he wants. There is no rule that he must give the code to someone on GAF

Corran Horn said:
chill pill man. Let the man do what he wants. There is no rule that he must give the code to someone on GAF

Not saying there is, but posting it here (a community) instead of sharing it with the community is as harsh and cruel as hanging a basket of food in the face of a staving child, before giving it to the nearest fat kid.

@above - That is a US only thing, if I could get a key via pre ordering I would of done that ages ago. USA is not the only place in the world, there are other countries that exist out there.

ChronicleX said:
Not saying there is, but posting it here (a community) instead of sharing it with the community is as harsh and cruel as hanging a basket of food in the face of a staving child, before giving it to the nearest fat kid.

@above - That is a US only thing, if I could get a key via pre ordering I would of done that ages ago. USA is not the only place in the world, there are other countries that exist out there.
off-topic:
I see this sentiment posted all over Gaf. It's sad but also kind of funny. :lol

mbmonk

ChronicleX said:

How do you know it went to the 'nearest fat kid'? Aren't the chances much greater that a fellow starving kid got the key? The fat kid would already have a key and wouldn't have much to gain by getting a second one.

I think you are pushing the drama level a bit too high. Also the guy who gave away the key has done quite a bit of work in THIS thread for THIS community that you belong to. So he has given back. So why don't you get off his back.

PS: Did the member in question every agree to give every beta key he attained to people in the beta key thread? If not then you don't really have a leg to stand on.

NIN90

ChronicleX said:

FYI Amazon.de and some UK retailers give out beta keys with preorders now.

Ashhong

ChronicleX said:

is amazon not doing it for other countries? just find a US address and set that as your shipping address, and order from Amazon US. then cancel the order after you get the preorder.

actually amazon ships to other countries. just order from there.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
FOR - Mila
AGAINST - Stupid drama

Like said above, Mila has done a fair amount for the SC2 community here and he doesnt need to hand out his codes to gafers. and lol at the comparison.

Milabrega

ChronicleX said:
People waiting to be members are not members.

Hey buddy, you are not a member either. Since you have so much free time, why don't you update the list in the begging thread so that when people get keys, we can actually use it then? There are 20+ names on that list in beta, some who have been in beta playing with us for weeks.

I agree with you about the community part, its why I gave my 5 other keys to gaf members. I had a hard time finding a happy home with that last one, which is why I tossed it up in this thread and not the begging thread. Since well, its more likely a member/JR/lurker/friend of member who gets the key from this thread will be more likely to contribute to this thread or play with Gaf than some of those fly byes in the begging thread.

Ashhong said:
i feel like dumping a key on here just to see him complain more :lol

Go nuts. I am not complaining, I am just making a point. Besides if you really had a key you would of done something with it before I arrived.

and hey Mila last time I checked I did infact exist and joined here as a member along time ago. See this, this is a post. This is me a member making a post. See the post this member is making?

Its amazingly tragic yet hilarious how people can twist a simple observation to create a flame war.

I agree with you about the community part, its why I gave my 5 other keys to gaf members. I had a hard time finding a happy home with that last one, which is why I tossed it up in this thread and not the begging thread. Since well, its more likely a member/JR/lurker/friend of member who gets the key from this thread will be more likely to contribute to this thread or play with Gaf than some of those fly byes in the begging thread

I was never pointing the finger at you, it was just you that got my finger pointing.

Ashhong

ChronicleX said:
Go nuts. I am not complaining, I am just making a point. Besides if you really had a key you would of done something with it before I arrived.

well, shows how much you know. i actually have multiple keys that im holding onto for some friends. i just put that one above there and preordered another sc2 off amazon that i will replace it with.

mbmonk

ChronicleX said:
Go nuts. I am not complaining, I am just making a point.

LMAO. You were complaining. Don't even try that shit.

Just keep on backtracking ... all the way out of this thread please. :lol

I've never posted in either SC2 thread, but think it'd be a riot if someone sent me a beta key anyway. I'd post here and mock the untouchables that don't have keys.

On a less-stupid note, I've been avoiding pre-ordering out of fear the beta would lead to my complete failure to study for my finals, which started today. A few more days and my ass will be on the hunt for any remaining pre-order beta keys. Interestingly, that'll also be the complete end of my social life for a few weeks, I reckon.

On one hand: SC2. On the other hand: social life/work. Decisions, decisions...

Yaweee

[Nintex] said:
Look what Geoff just tweeted:

OMG

Looks like I was wrong!

I'd expect the push with the missing bnet modes sometime soonish if they're comfortable announcing a release date.

The rumors that the Beta will end May 17th are likely false. It'll probably go down sometime late June.

Yaweee

Ashhong said:
YESSS

and whats a good terran counter to MMM?

Tanks
Seeker Missiles
Nukes
Banshee harass (either his base, or picking off his marines if he has a poor ratio of M to M, or if you can weaken his marine force with the ghost's snipe)
Hellions with the +Light damage upgrade coming in at a good angle against his marines?)
A better microed MMM force)

I'm switching to Terran now from Toss, so my advice may be unrealistic. It depends on when the MMM ball comes.

scoobs

Ashhong said:
YESSS

and whats a good terran counter to MMM?
It comes down to banshee/viking harass and good tank control. Lots of MMM players go too heavy with marauders, leaving them vulnerable to banshees. Also, solid siege tank position can destroy MMM. Of course you'll need some marauders/marines yourself for the meat of your force. Another option is to see if u cant snipe his medvacs with vikings.

Ashhong

ah, good advice. forgot all about seeker missiles.

if i send in a banshee into the fight, will he automatically target the marine if the marine starts shooting at it?

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
ffa with rainy, msv, and knives i came 2nd first

thats my story and im sticking with it :D

Not to say anything about your "junior status" or anything (I don't pick on juniors), but keep it up and some mod might perma-junior you. Just giving you a heads up.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
msv said:
You made a pact with rainy, admit it!!
Lets just say it Frack opened the heavens, and the Rain flooded msv away

mwahaha

Top Bottom