• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

StarCraft 2 Beta |OT| (Beta Now Reopen, GL HF)

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Eu people, if were serious about some commentary or analysis going on while we stream the games i need some heads up on who is interested in doing it. Vent works for me but i am hearing skype is the preferred means for some, either way im not bothered as long as skype is free :D.

Also livestream refused to verify my account :( ill resubmit after a few more games. It just means we cant have above 50 people in the room and it wont be in the directory

Ashhong

Paz said:
Casting more MOONGLADE games (will be doing this on a semi regular basis and posting time tables soon)

http://www.livestream.com/7threal (if you have a request or wanna fight him send me a message at kamina.kamina )

coooool. i wanna play him just to say that i did but would be rocked so hard :lol

damn, just realized this was an hour ago lol. its offline =(

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Good games

Lets have more tonight! Or today, im off now till friday so all times are good

fanboi

Banned
Mr Cola said:
Good games

Lets have more tonight! Or today, im off now till friday so all times are good

Trying to get someone to play...

One awesome game would be Belgorim vs Sykra... good match

Mr Cola

Im sure knives and msv will play tonight, they were all but to last night but for Knives having a life and girlfriends and other such distractions.

Paz

Ashhong said:
coooool. i wanna play him just to say that i did but would be rocked so hard :lol

damn, just realized this was an hour ago lol. its offline =(

Hey yeah sorry just an hour long cast tonight as it's now 11pm au time and we all have work in the morning :)

We will be doing more casts/challenges soon (basically me and real, the guy I cast with, practicing our casting and getting our stream out there) and I will let people know in advance!

Would someone be so kind as to explain why stalkers with blink successfully get rid of brood lords? I had a game last night where I was getting harassed by lords and it was pissing me off. :lol Does the blink confuse the little bastards that the brood lords throw at me? Does it get the stalkers under the lords so they can kill them faster?

Also, instead of exiting the game, I used the 'Logout' button in the menu and then did Alt+F4 and it killed the program without a lockup.

fanboi

Banned
Confused101 said:
Would someone be so kind as to explain why stalkers with blink successfully get rid of brood lords? I had a game last night where I was getting harassed by lords and it was pissing me off. :lol Does the blink confuse the little bastards that the brood lords throw at me? Does it get the stalkers under the lords so they can kill them faster?

Also, instead of exiting the game, I used the 'Logout' button in the menu and then did Alt+F4 and it killed the program without a lockup.

1) You dont have to GO there
2) You dont get stopped by broodlings
3) All can fire directly
4) Minimum damage is taken

Sarye

Ashhong said:
:lol you really hate storytellers

gotta love amazon, did everyone get an email about them upgrading the game to release date delivery? so awesome

WAT! I did not get this email. Any reason why?

Ashhong

Sarye said:
WAT! I did not get this email. Any reason why?

uhhh maybe its only free for Prime?

Hello from Amazon.com.

We are writing to you today because you purchased a pre-order copy of Starcraft II.

We are now able to offer Release-Date Delivery for this video game. This special delivery option is available to you for no additional charge and has been automatically applied to your order. Your copy of Starcraft II will arrive on Tuesday, July 27th.

We realize that many of our customers are huge Starcraft II fans, and we're happy to offer Release-Date Delivery to get this title to you even faster.

Thank you for shopping at Amazon.com.

Sincerely,

Customer Service Department
Amazon.com
https://www.amazon.com/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I still cant decide if i want the regular or the Collectors Edition from Gamestop for 75 though...Amazon needs to have some kind of promotion to lower the price of the regular.

msv

Mr Cola said:
Eu people, if were serious about some commentary or analysis going on while we stream the games i need some heads up on who is interested in doing it. Vent works for me but i am hearing skype is the preferred means for some, either way im not bothered as long as skype is free :D.

Also livestream refused to verify my account :( ill resubmit after a few more games. It just means we cant have above 50 people in the room and it wont be in the directory
I'm up for some 'commentating'. Tho I'm a noob and will most likely be wrong about 75% of what I'm talking about :lol I think it'd be fun if we just get 3-4 people in there to cast some stuff.

Btw, the reason I prefer Skype is because it just works great. If I'm calling with a friend of mine, and he has me on the speakers, I don't hear my own echo. The levels are automatically good. Out of all the proggys (vent, mumble, teamspeak) I've tried, skype works the best, even though it uses the most resources relatively.

cramcakes

Sarye said:
ahh okay, I thought it was automatically free release date shipping for all video games for prime hence the confusion.

If you already have 3-5 day shipping, it's only a dollar more for release date delivery.

Ashhong said:
uhhh maybe its only free for Prime?

I still cant decide if i want the regular or the Collectors Edition from Gamestop for 75 though...Amazon needs to have some kind of promotion to lower the price of the regular.

It's 75 at Gamestop? I have the Collector's preordered there and they said it was $100, and it's listed as such on Gamestop's website as well.

Mr Cola

msv said:
I'm up for some 'commentating'. Tho I'm a noob and will most likely be wrong about 75% of what I'm talking about :lol I think it'd be fun if we just get 3-4 people in there to cast some stuff.

Btw, the reason I prefer Skype is because it just works great. If I'm calling with a friend of mine, and he has me on the speakers, I don't hear my own echo. The levels are automatically good. Out of all the proggys (vent, mumble, teamspeak) I've tried, skype works the best, even though it uses the most resources relatively.
Skype is fine by me then, so long as its free

Since we are both noobs we need at least one person who knows what hes talking about :lol, im afraid my awkward English-ness will not be entertaining past a few seconds :D

Ashhong

MisterAnderson said:
It's 75 at Gamestop? I have the Collector's preordered there and they said it was $100, and it's listed as such on Gamestop's website as well.

you missed out on Gamestops 25% off coupon deal online =(

Mr Cola

Else put up with my erotic playlist of "Candyman" "Sweet like chocolate" and the gladiator theme tune with the occasional "oh shit is that a 6 pool? no no wait its a probe" discussion.

Ashhong

MisterAnderson said:
Wut how did this work?

there was an online code, 25OFF i think. expired end of march

Corran Horn said:
:lol

Its funny to see every thread that he posts, someone always asks about his avatar.

i liked it at first, but now im getting tired of saying it haha. might go back to rotating avatars. besides, everyone should have gone to see Kick-Ass and should know it! movie is so good

Jokey665

Is it normal to be matched up against Gold/Platinum players when you're in Bronze? Out of my last 5 1v1 games, 2 were against gold players, 2 were against platinum players, and 1 was against a silver player. I won all 5. I'm still Bronze (rank like 20 or something). I'm so confused.

Yaweee

Jokey665 said:
Is it normal to be matched up against Gold/Platinum players when you're in Bronze? Out of my last 5 1v1 games, 2 were against gold players, 2 were against platinum players, and 1 was against a silver player. I won all 5. I'm still Bronze (rank like 20 or something). I'm so confused.

Your Matchmaking Rating (MMR) has risen far beyond your actual ladder rating, which you should think of as fantastic. Since your opponents' ratings are so much higher than yours, your rating goes up a ton for wins and you risk nearly nothing for losing (I'm betting you are winning 18~23 points per win, and you'd only lose 3~6 for a loss against those same opponents). I think if your MMR stays above a certain threshold for some # of games, you'll get bumped up a league, and from the sounds of it, it will likely be after your next game or two.

You play people based on your MMR, but how many ladder points you win/lose is based on your opponent's relative league/rating.

Ashhong

JWong said:
Oh it's not Cameron? 8( My dreams are shattered.

they couldnt have been very good dreams if you couldnt tell that she isnt cameron =P

this girl much hotter anyway, compared to present day cameron at least

Kinyou

What is the Terran counter to Immortals? I feel like every Terran unit uses slow but powerful attacks which hardly damage immortals due their shields.

Ps. I'm really starting to hate the matchmaking... Coppers getting matched with Silvers? That's ridiculous...

Yaweee

Kinyou said:
What is the Terran counter to Immortals? I feel like every Terran unit uses slow but powerful attacks which hardly damage immortals due their shields.

The Ghost's EMP instantly knocks down their shields, leaving them exposed to full damage.

Kinyou

Yaweee said:
The Ghost's EMP instantly knocks down their shields, leaving them exposed to full damage.

Ahh, completley forgot about the Ghost' EMP. The only problem will be that it will require some advanced micro to pull off. :lol

Jokey665

Yaweee said:
Your Matchmaking Rating (MMR) has risen far beyond your actual ladder rating, which you should think of as fantastic. Since your opponents' ratings are so much higher than yours, your rating goes up a ton for wins and you risk nearly nothing for losing (I'm betting you are winning 18~23 points per win, and you'd only lose 3~6 for a loss against those same opponents). I think if your MMR stays above a certain threshold for some # of games, you'll get bumped up a league, and from the sounds of it, it will likely be after your next game or two.

You play people based on your MMR, but how many ladder points you win/lose is based on your opponent's relative league/rating.
Okay that makes sense, thanks!

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Cant wait. Last projects getting turned in today. All I have left is 3 finals which I wont need to cram for as much as I did for these papers/projects...which means I can play again! :lol

Observers are so hard to manage!!!

I keep losing them because my opponent either spams their base with cannons/turrets or because I can't find them on my map. This maps scouting so much more annoying than it should be. The last game I played was against a noob that really didn't do much, but the entire game I was thinking he was trying to nuke me with ghosts or something because I saw a bunch of ghosts. He didn't do this, but instead went for Banshees. I overwhelmed him with stalkers, but I lost a few due to the fact that my observers can't get there in time.

And god help me if someone uses a scan to destroy my observers so they can run in with cloaked units.

Am I supposed to be building like 20 observers or something just in case something happens?

Also, is there a way to tell what league my opponent is in? I vaguely remember someone saying that you can get this information somewhere.

watervengeance said:
Observers are so hard to manage!!!

I keep losing them because my opponent either spams their base with cannons/turrets or because I can't find them on my map. This maps scouting so much more annoying than it should be. The last game I played was against a noob that really didn't do much, but the entire game I was thinking he was trying to nuke me with ghosts or something because I saw a bunch of ghosts. He didn't do this, but instead went for Banshees. I overwhelmed him with stalkers, but I lost a few due to the fact that my observers can't get there in time.

And god help me if someone uses a scan to destroy my observers so they can run in with cloaked units.

Am I supposed to be building like 20 observers or something just in case something happens?

Also, is there a way to tell what league my opponent is in? I vaguely remember someone saying that you can get this information somewhere.

If I scout my opponents going cloaked units I typically pump out a few Observers so that they can't ever have me with my pants down. They are also good to have, but unless I see cloaked units I typically just get 1. (I should probably get more)

And after a match you can right click their name on the score screen and then "view profile" to see what league they are in.

I'm by no means a great SC player, but I like to have an observer near all of my enemies' bases for obvious reasons and one near my own base or with a group of units. I'm not sure if this is too many or too little but it's been okay for me. It's invaluable to have a detector with you because cloaked/burrowed stuff can really suck.

As for management, say I have 3 observers. I will bind them to 7, 8, and 9 on my keyboard so I can easily find and move them. In case you don't know how to bind, select the unit or group of units, hold CTRL and hit a number. I usually have my air as 1, various ground units as 2-4, and 5, 6 for specific units that I want to single out like sentries for their shield or templars for their storm.

But maybe this isn't how it's done. Maybe I'm making more work for myself, I'm not sure. I just know that clicking and dragging to select units to manage can be difficult when in the midst of battle.

Mr Cola

Could be 2 EU tourny gaf games on tonight :O

So if you Americans want to watch ill have the stream up as soon as they happen

Top Bottom