• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

StarCraft 2 Beta |OT| (Beta Now Reopen, GL HF)

msv

I still can't connect to b.net. Ah cool, I'm not the only one.

You have the blue box glitching all over the screen too after you press the first yellow OK?

Effect said:
I wonder if someone will be ambitious enough to try and recreate SC1 and BW with the editor. Think Blizzard would put a stop to that?

I was going to predict that someone remakes SC1 and BW using the editor. Would be sweet. For a second I thought about doing it myself/asking if anyone would be down to remake it...but jesus it would take forever.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
msv said:
I still can't connect to b.net. Ah cool, I'm not the only one.

You have the blue box glitching all over the screen too after you press the first yellow OK?
Yeah... ugh. My friends too.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Me too, i had just countered a void rush with vikings and was ready to medivac to his unguarded base my M&M superarmy :( then it went down

fml

MisterAnderson said:
I was going to predict that someone remakes SC1 and BW using the editor. Would be sweet. For a second I thought about doing it myself/asking if anyone would be down to remake it...but jesus it would take forever.
I think that the damage types would be a problem recreating though, due to the fact that we have no idea what they are in SC1.

Ikael

Holy crap, I need a good strategy against Banshees. Mass invisible banshees seems to be my kryptonite, I get owned every time a player uses it against me, no matter which race I play with.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
FromTheFuture said:
I think that the damage types would be a problem recreating though, due to the fact that we have no idea what they are in SC1.
Someone will do it :lol
I can see that getting a good following and have its own blizzard style tweaking over and over

Mudkips

Banned
The strategy is to not let them mass banshees.
They take a while to get to, are fairly expensive, and so is the cloak upgrade.

A few turrets/spore crawlers/cannons are all you need to detect them long enough, and any decent number of marines or stalkers or hydras will kill them.

If you want to be smart about it:
void rays + an observer
phoenixes + an observer
mutas + an over seer
vikings plus a raven
vikings plus a scan

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
thestopsign said:
So they basically want Zerg to have nothing. Banelings and Roaches are the only zerg early units that can even remotely stand up to MMM.
broodlords also wreck mmm i believe

FromTheFuture said:

It wouldn't be too big of a deal since it's a single player campaign. And also, I thought people figured out the damage types? Like splash does bonus to light units like zerglings etc., concussive does little damage to dragoons, etc.? Or something...I thought I read it somewhere.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Orangepeel said:
At the very least I'd bet we see more baneling busts coming, it's always comical to see what the guy on the recieving end has to say for that one :lol
what's the counter to this as terran btw?

msv said:
Yes.
I just won a Protoss mirrormatch before BNet went down. This was the first time that my opponent did something I didn't expect, namely rush Void Rays (I don't have a lot of experience) and I kind of turned around the match by seeing that early and massing Stalkers. I saw him attack my base with 4-5 Void Rays and I just left my Stalkers and Sentries in my base to defend and sent my 4 Zealots in his base and killed all his workers. He then left the game. (by the way, how is it that nearly all the time when I win, the opponent just leaves without saying GG? I even had one complaining "lol bad game" before ragequitting. I don't remember this as much from WC3)

-COOLIO- said:

Hellions are pretty much a hard counter to Banelings. Siege tanks own them as well.

With stimpack you can also micro your MM's to move away and kite the banelings. Their speed ugprade makes this harder to do but stimming and kiting works pretty well.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
MisterAnderson said:
Hellions are pretty much a hard counter to Banelings. Siege tanks own them as well.

With stimpack you can also micro your MM's to move away and kite the banelings. Their speed ugprade makes this harder to do but stimming and kiting works pretty well.
specifically i meant what's the counter to a baneling break in? i dont think moving out of your base to fight the morphing lings is an option since the point of strategy is to have a ton of speedlings

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
-COOLIO- said:
specifically i meant what's the counter to a baneling break in? i dont think moving out of your base to fight the morphing lings is an option since the point of strategy is to have a ton of speedlings

Harass the zerg with hellions. Get the upgrade and zerglings get pretty much deleted with a little bit of micro. Even if they come in and bust a supply depot, your hellions are fast enough to blow them away before they do any serious damage and then you're free to counter, assuming of course the ratio isn't 3 hellions to 40 zerglings or something.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
PvP, good counter for mass Stalkers? I mean, other than Stalkers themselves.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Rez said:
Marauders and Zerglings!

Man, screw 2v2. Can't believe it put me in Copper of all places.

Rez said:

Immortals. Stalkers are armored, so Immortals tear through them really easily.

Zen

Banned
Is Bnet down right now? I've installed it and I'm looking at the latest patch notes, but play isn't selectable. The blue bar on the side is sitting at about 30% I'm not sure if that means it's downloading?

Yoshichan

Zen said:
Is Bnet down right now? I've installed it and I'm looking at the latest patch notes, but play isn't selectable. The blue bar on the side is sitting at about 30% I'm not sure if that means it's downloading?
EU? Been down for 6 hours now for me.

Zen said:

Your game is patching.

Yoshichan said:
EU? Been down for 6 hours now for me.

:( Poor you

Zen said:

Both. :lol

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Zen said:

you're patching, give it time

a176

Banned
Zen said:

If you just installed SC2, you have a boatload of patches to download and install. go make yourself a sammich.

Yoshichan

watervengeance said:
Tell me about it. The worst part is that I've been on my computer since then, so that I would be sure I wouldn't miss a minute when they open it.

6 hours later...

-COOLIO- said:
I and he were refering to the baneling bust where at about 6 minutes the zerg can have 6 banelings and lings at your front door, with more lings en route to the fight with speed upgrade and he basically uses the banes to blow up the wall, it's very effective :lol

*oh, and I dun't really know what terran can do to counter it :rollseyes

Side note, streaming!
Didn't someone here experiment with streaming some time ago? I want to try and set up a stream of my 2's but I'm not really sure of where to start? I signed up to ustream but I need another camera to do it? People must use something to just display their desktop right? halp.

Yoshichan

Rez said:
Copper league rank 79. Oh yes.
Babe, we should really play. In 2vs2 I'm in 70-something copper. Want to add me :)?

yoshichan.yoshichan

just waiting for battle fucking net to work on me...

This whole process is such a pain:
• Get an email
• Wait for it to show up on Battle.net account
• Download installer
• unzip installer
• launch installer
• Wait for it to finish installing (2 hours)
• open disk image
• copy folder to applications
• open application
• wait for update to finish 3 times
<I'm here - not sure if done yet>

Yoshichan

The whole beta-process was by far the easiest and smoothest process ever IMO.

1. Got key, used it on Battle.net
2. Downloaded the file
3. Installed and patched.
4. PLAY!

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
eznark said:
What is the lowest rank you can get? Gonna do my placement matches tomorrow and definitely expecting the worst.

Copper is the lowest.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
cooljeanius said:
• Get an email
• Download installer
• unzip installer
• launch installer
• open disk image
• open application
Its a beta...they are usually pains

yanhero

Yoshichan said:
The whole beta-process was by far the easiest and smoothest process ever IMO.

1. Got key, used it on Battle.net
2. Downloaded the file
3. Installed and patched.
4. PLAY!

Yea I hate how Square requires us to fill out like a 5 page, 100 questions survey to opt in to the FF14 beta, its retarded.

Yaweee

The roach nerf is huge. It's very difficult to apply pressure against Terran early due to have to spend the extra mineral and larvae (especially the larvae) on Overlords to support any decent push of roaches.

cooljeanius said:
• Get an email
• Download installer
• unzip installer
• launch installer
• open disk image
• open application

at least you got a key. my buddy entered me into the friends & family beta like 3 weeks ago and I am still empty handed. and bitter.

Top Bottom