• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

StarCraft 2 Beta |OT| (Beta Now Reopen, GL HF)

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
stormer said:
ok so how do I start a conversation with someone ? when they aren't on my list
you dont. you get invited to a convo by a friend of a friend. someone has to be the email guy.

It let me publish Chaos Sanctum but every other one I try it tells me "file size has not yet been optimized" and "unable to publish due to problems" so that's awesome.

Makes no sense either because even Blood Bath, which is barebones and such a small file size, should not need to have it's size be "optimized" if it accepted my doodad bloated Chaos Sanctum file.

Edit: Got Tempest up...still not sure why Lotus Prime is giving me issues...especially since that's probably the one I'm happiest with lol.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Zefah is my name! Friend me! I mostly play Terran and was Silverish before this update.

Very annoying, I am able to publish an older version of Lotus Prime...maybe somehow the file is corrupted or something. I wish the publish tool would be more specific to the reason it won't publish aside from saying "unable to publish due to problems." Seriously.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Sweet I just won my first placement match by a large margin. I feel like I got a lot better after watching Day[9]'s video earlier today where he critiqued Silver and Gold replays. I learned a lot from that.

:lol :lol I figured out it wasn't letting me publish some of my maps due to my map info description? Nothing was vulgar...but when I would delete part of my description it would allow me to publish. Not sure why.

Patch downloaded. WTF am i suppose to do now? Create a new account? It's not letting me log in with my old one, saying some shit like "Authentication Module no..." ERR... nevermind.. I'm in! :/

Err... or not. It showed me license agreement and when I accepted, I don't see anything else anymore... WTF?

Err... I'm in again. THIS IS CRAZY, MAYYNN!!!

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
So watching some streams people are getting into diamond with 4-1 and one guy with 3-2 win/loss ratio.

Another "WTF" from me. Anyone know how you tell your map to allow different team games? Like, for example in Lost temple you can click the tab under "teams" in the lobby and have it be 1v1, 2v2, or FFA. That option is greyed out for my levels...and the teams are all weird and uneven despite me establishing linked start locations. It's greyed out and says "custom teams." as well as the mode and category are all "custom" when it probably should say "melee." Any ideas?

Edit: I think I figured it out...wow that was such a random thing to do in the editor to make it work if I did actually do what I think I did.

Edit: ARGG WTF. It said "user changed parameters from custom to melee" so I thought I had it. Low and behold I go to create the lobby with said map and it's still labeled as "custom" gametype and the teams are still not right. Ack.

Sarye

this is frustrating... All my friends are playing their placement matches and I'm the only one that can't log in. Why do you tease me

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Sarye said:
this is frustrating... All my friends are playing their placement matches and I'm the only one that can't log in. Why do you tease me
I just got booted from our game. Blizz must be having server issues. =(

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I'm back in. It looks like you have to hammer your way past the authentication messages.

Four placement matches down so far. What's with all the cheese? Got proxy gated, and two of the other toss guys I've been up against both went straight for void rays. Only one guy played standard and he was pretty good.

I HATE this new friend list system. If you're adding someone straight into the list, you need their emails and then once you add them that way, each person can see the other's real name. The game says that you can add as an in-game friend by right clicking someone's portrait, but how the hell are you supposed to do that if you don't have them on your list yet? Just randomly hope you run into them in-game?

Ashhong

Akuun said:
I'm back in. It looks like you have to hammer your way past the authentication messages.

Four placement matches down so far. What's with all the cheese? Got proxy gated, and two of the other toss guys I've been up against both went straight for void rays. Only one guy played standard and he was pretty good.

theyre probably trying to get 5 easy wins so they get in platinum or diamond since the ranks are going to reset anyway

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Ashhong said:
theyre probably trying to get 5 easy wins so they get in platinum or diamond since the ranks are going to reset anyway
Maybe. The two void ray dudes quit as soon as it became clear their tactic wasn't going to work. What bugs me is that the guy who proxied me GGed before I did when it was clear he had won. So smug. :lol

And true, I was in platinum in patch 12 because I got lucky. On my last placement match I apparently got paired with a gold guy and he disconnected one minute into the game. I got the win and bam, undeserved platinum. :lol

Chris R

Holy shit. 4v4 was EPIC. Even being paired with two idiots, it still made for an AWESOME game. Basically though if you don't lose out to an early rush, tech straight up to the most powerful air unit and then send them where you need them. Game was ZZZZ vs PPPT or more realistically, ZZZ vs PT since the other players were shit/got knocked out pretty early. Massed up carriers, mothership cloaked thors ftw :lol

So much fun.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
just did a fairly epic match on lotus prime, its a good map, playing terran i felt i had alot of options and the protoss can hold the tertiary natural with a deathgrip. did not want to walk my terran mech in there.

lots of cash on hand, but most of it is open to harass and ground routes are slow, keep an eye open if you want that money. :p

was very fun, good work on the map pyro. ^^

Sarye

welp, I'm done trying to log in for the night.

The odd thing is if I put in a fake email address, I get through to the password screen. Of course I don't have a password but still it's weird.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
The Lamonster said:
Is it just me or are there no more sound effects when logging in and a lot less menu sound effects in general?

Yeah the cool sound effects are gone. I'm sure they will be back by retails.

Anyway, I placed Gold for 1v1! I guess that makes sense considering I was around Silver-level before the patch and Gold should naturally turn into the new Silver.

Pandaman said:
just did a fairly epic match on lotus prime, its a good map, playing terran i felt i had alot of options and the protoss can hold the tertiary natural with a deathgrip. did not want to walk my terran mech in there.

lots of cash on hand, but most of it is open to harass and ground routes are slow, keep an eye open if you want that money. :p

was very fun, good work on the map pyro. ^^

Oh awesome!! I didn't even realize you guys went on to play on the map after I left :lol I'm still trying to sort out the team issues. Did you guys do FFA? Any suggestions based on the game you played on improving it? (It was mainly designed for 2v2 but interested in how a FFA or 1v1 match played out, depending on what exactly you played) Thanks for the compliment too :D

I think the custom maps might have a bug according to early reports on the Beta Map forums. For example, according to my map editor "map status" my maps are considered "melee" maps:

200b6hl.jpg

However in the lobby, the teams are lopsided for some reason and battle.net is saying it's a "custom" game-type with "custom" teams. There's no option for me to select 1v1, 2v2, ffa, etc.

2hi14ix.jpg

The Lamonster said:
Also I'm wanting to play some TD games or some custom maps but all I see are standard maps and regular matches. What am I missing?
Anybody know what's up? Are people just not hosting custom maps yet?

Top Bottom