• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

StarCraft 2 Beta |OT| (Beta Now Reopen, GL HF)

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=21406419#post21406419

Cross posting this since SC II is in shambles.
Starts in 30 minutes.
Look for streams here: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=126361

r73vxi.jpg

1z5na60.jpg

Stryder

Yep, not enjoying the problems that have come along with this new patch either.

I've gone through my placement matches, 2 of which the opponent dropped out which wound me up in Platinum league! :lol

I've also had a match where my minimap had just disappeared. Totally black. I couldn't use it either, if I clicked on an approximate location it would just put me somewhere else totally, really disorientating. Frustrating too because I was doing quite well in that match despite the difficulty.

I hope Blizzard fix these issues pronto, I really want to make the most of the beta while it's still available.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Stryder said:
I've also had a match where my minimap had just disappeared. Totally black. I couldn't use it either, if I clicked on an approximate location it would just put me somewhere else totally, really disorientating. Frustrating too because I was doing quite well in that match despite the difficulty.

Had the same problem in a placement match. Had no idea wtf was going on.

Finally sorted out the team issues. Had to go to Map > Game Variants > Generate Defaults and it would add in all the 1v1 2v2 etc. variants and make it proper melee gametype. (Thanks MrMr!)

Chris R

If you are going to play in 4v4 and see mass battlecruisers going mass collossi isn't the best choice. So far both matches I've played ended up just being resource fights with mass air units.

Zzoram

DieH@rd said:
Thanks for heads up, will watch.

Who will host the show for us English speaking crowd? Tasteless? If yes, then its awesome.

The OSL won't have an official Korean commentator, but sometimes some community people do it. I just watch the Korean stream, nothing captures the intensity of the OSL Grand Finals better than the sound of cheering Koreans. You don't have to know what they're saying to tell what's going on.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
MisterAnderson said:
Finally sorted out the team issues. Had to go to Map > Game Variants > Generate Defaults and it would add in all the 1v1 2v2 etc. variants and make it proper melee gametype. (Thanks MrMr!)
sweet, 2s tommorow should be fun.

Zzoram

ElJuice said:
Shit yeah. Hope it's a good series.

TvZ is always entertaining and it's Flash vs Effort. The only thing that could be better is Flash vs Jaedong in the MSL Finals next week.

Flash has a great shot at winning both, considering that he's practicing TvZ in both matchups. The advantage Jaedong has is being able to see any unique builds Flash comes up with against Effort tonight before he can use them on Jaedong.

Sloegr

Zzoram said:
TvZ is always entertaining and it's Flash vs Effort. The only thing that could be better is Flash vs Jaedong in the MSL Finals next week.

Flash has a great shot at winning both, considering that he's practicing TvZ in both matchups. The advantage Jaedong has is being able to see any unique builds Flash comes up with against Effort tonight before he can use them on Jaedong.

Yeah, TvZ is tied for my favorite matchup (with TvT, oddly enough). I'll watch Flash vs. anyone, so getting to see him against top level zergs in BO5's is a treat.

Zzoram

Ashhong said:
the popularity of SC in korea is fucking insane.

They are doing the grand finals in an aircraft hangar beside a commercial jet, because the airline sponsored the this OSL season. Insane indeed :D

Zen

Banned
Is my mind playing tricks on me? Did this patch change Reapers to 5dmg +10 light?

I could have sworn that they use to be only 5 + 5 light.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Zen said:
Is my mind playing tricks on me? Did this patch change Reapers to 5dmg +10 light?

I could have sworn that they use to be only 5 + 5 light.
4+5(Light) x2
so 18 to light is what they did.

FoxSpirit

Blue post by Xordiah on b.net:

Also, please note, that this is a beta test. Sometimes our developpers disable parts of the game, to get players to make extensive use of another part of the game. In this case, it is important that Real ID and the Facebook integration is tested thoroughly. This does not mean it will be the only option at release. For more information visit the page on the realid system:
http://eu.battle.net/realid/

And people never believed that beta testing could be a chore :lol

That said, it's still the best beta I have ever been in.

raphier

Banned
I am so fucking frustrated right now. I can't play a single stable fucking game post-patch. I am getting dropped everytime in the middle of the game and worst it counts as a loss.

Ashhong

raphier said:
I am so fucking frustrated right now. I can't play a single stable fucking game post-patch. I am getting dropped everytime in the middle of the game and worst it counts as a loss.

its not like the record will stay when the game releases.

and good to hear that blizzard only took it character friends to test real ID

raphier

Banned
Ashhong said:
its not like the record will stay when the game releases.

and good to hear that blizzard only took it character friends to test real ID
Yeah, but still. What's the point, I mean If I drop every game, how I am supposed to test the game when I can't even finish a match?

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
msv said:
It's online now. It kicked me a minute ago, but I could just log back in. Cmon people, get on SC2 and lets do 3's and 4's :D
Ill be honest im not too hot on anyone knowing my email or name, which are both real and both i use everyday, unwise perhaps on my part to use such sensitive information but i was under the belief the identifier system would stick around.

msv

Mr Cola said:
Ill be honest im not too hot on anyone knowing my email or name, which are both real and both i use everyday, unwise perhaps on my part to use such sensitive information but i was under the belief the identifier system would stick around.
Yeah. I'm glad I didn't use my real name in the account now at least :p BUT you can still add people via matches/parties/lobbies right? I'm guessing you won't see their real names then?

I'm fine with giving my mail to a few of you guys I've played with before, but I'm not posting it here that's for sure :lol

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
raphier said:
For people who doesn't want to expose their real ID, I guess our solution may be this:

[spoiler]raphier@welho.com[/spoiler] you invite me so I can invite all to a game or a party so you guys can invite each other by character name. Luckily my account has no real information about me. EU only, ofcourse.

EDIT: SHit it still leaves you all exposed to me :F
Betas only up a few more days anyway so its no huge loss, what is it 8 days or so? Im sure they will introduce identifiers back with the retail release considering im sure.

msv

Mr Cola said:
Betas only up a few more days anyway so its no huge loss, what is it 8 days or so? Im sure they will introduce identifiers back with the retail release considering im sure.
PM me or rainy your mail and we'll add you to convos n stuff if you want.

edit: Wait. I'll pm you my mail, if you add me I won't see your mail. Ill just be able to see your b.net name you listed.

robochimp

After watching day[9]'s plugging the leaks in silver play video I did my placement matches was in bronze 1v1 before and now I ended up in diamond, This is not going to be fun.

Mr Cola

robochimp said:
After watching day[9]'s plugging the leaks in silver play video I did my placement matches was in bronze 1v1 before and now I ended up in diamond, This is not going to be fun.
Im very tempted to gg all my placement games and go straight to bronze, its where i am, its where i am comfortable. There should be a "straight to bronze" skip button, i cant imagine its a great way to motivate people to play multiplayer (new people to sc2) when they have to play 5 games they are going to be dominated in.

Top Bottom