• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

StarCraft 2 Beta |OT| (Beta Now Reopen, GL HF)

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Rez said:
hahahaha

made gold league.

it would have been platinum if I could actually work out how to counter early terran pushes. it feels like they can get out a solid force of marines and marauders before I can get enough zealots/stalkers out. I can never get enough Immortals either; I figure it would be foolish to tech to them that early and waste all them minerals.

Any tips as far as that is concerned? That's how I lost the two placement matches I lost.

I am proud. :)

Get some sentries. Guardian shield does much to nullify the damage from MM.

fanboi said:
They actually played two games, most epic!

With the amount of attention I was giving them games I was surprised I did not die sooner.

Now for patch notes.

Yay for terran mech nerf. I am shocked to see Protoss omitted from the nerfing, first time for everything I guess :lol

Sarye

I think once the beta ends, one thing I'll miss is playing a lot of placement matches. I kinda like starting anew and trying to see where I would place next.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
playing the eu version and i have no 3v3 or 4v4 options :(

Ashhong

Ikael said:
WTF @ Thor Anti - air nerf. So now mass mutalisks will be an even more viable strategy? Really? Really?

1 + light -> 1? not really a nerf, just an adjustment. seems pretty minimal to me

Aesthet1c

Ikael said:
WTF @ Thor Anti - air nerf. So now mass mutalisks will be an even more viable strategy? Really? Really?

Currently, can't 1 thor kill like 7 mutalisk's on his own? I swear I remember seeing a video of that somewhere.

Besides this isn't that much of a nerf, you'll probably still be able to take 6 muta's with 1 thor.

Ashhong

Jokey665 said:
At max weapon upgrades it will be doing 12 less damage to light air units.

so..the super super late game? still seems about right, considering what they can do to light air units as stated above. they are still kill more mutas than they cost

Mardil

Aesthet1c said:
Currently, can't 1 thor kill like 7 mutalisk's on his own? I swear I remember seeing a video of that somewhere.

Besides this isn't that much of a nerf, you'll probably still be able to take 6 muta's with 1 thor.
Can you find this video for me? I was playing terran yesterday and five mutas totally destroyed a lonely thor I had roaming. It was upgraded and pre patch 15

Aesthet1c

Mardil said:
Can you find this video for me? I was playing terran yesterday and five mutas totally destroyed a lonely thor I had roaming. It was upgraded and pre patch 15

I actually can't find it anymore. This video is actually the best I can find right now. It is however somewhat skewed because of the massive unit count.

Zertez

1 Thor could kill 7 mutas if they wernt microed at all. The splash damage would destroy them. If you spread them out to avoid splash, you could kill a Thor with 3 or 4 mutas. People who mass mutas and don't pay attention to micro will still fail miserably against thors and Vikings.

Yo does anyone know if the Starcraft proleague players in South Korea have played any games of Starcraft 2 yet?

I'd love to see Flash versus Bisu on Starcraft 2! how epic would that be. Anyone have any idea on this?

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Leviathan1 said:
Yo does anyone know if the Starcraft proleague players in South Korea have played any games of Starcraft 2 yet?

I'd love to see Flash versus Bisu on Starcraft 2! how epic would that be. Anyone have any idea on this?
I dont see those players really ever going to SC2. Too much time devoted into SC1, you might see them play friendly exhib type games on it. There are people on the teams though training for SC2, one person for example is Idra.
GomTV is gonna be setting up tournaments for the future it seems.

Sloegr

Leviathan1 said:

Former SC1 pro 'Tester' is playing SC2 now. He was nowhere near the caliber of Flash and Bisu, but it's a glimpse at what pros will be able to do.

As far as the top players, I'd prefer to see them stay in SC1. It might be a good option for the low level pros to pursue, though.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
ElJuice said:
Former SC1 pro 'Tester' is playing SC2 now. He was nowhere near the caliber of Flash and Bisu, but it's a glimpse at what pros will be able to do.

As far as the top players, I'd prefer to see them stay in SC1. It might be a good option for the low level pros to pursue, though.
Yeah steamroll everyone who isn't Korean :lol

played a guy today who blamed me to be unfair because i did that.
he was so mad he said i play playinly stupid and ignored me in bnet chat....
i mean like WTF

joelseph

PNstyle said:
i mean like WTF

Do you get mad when people cheese you?

PNstyle said:
guys tell me: is it unfair to harass or steal the others gas?

Not really. It's a legitimate strategy. Rushing before the 10 minute mark isn't that bad either, but I don't do it. Cheesing/all-in strategies however...I really hate with a passion. It's okay if you're playing in a tournament, otherwise I don't see much of a point.

Sloegr

PNstyle said:
i mean like WTF

Anyone who would say that harass is 'unfair' is playing the wrong game. He'll either toughen up or wash out of the game pretty quickly.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
ElJuice said:

I think what's going to happen is that the absolute top-tier Korean players, like Flash, are going to keep playing SC1. Many of the more B-tier level Pros and average Koreans who can't catch up will move on to StarCraft 2 and define that scene.

Sloegr

PNstyle said:

Apparently your opponent has not had his gas stolen + manner pylon in SC1. At least now we have 2 geysers. I'd consider a gas steal a bit cheesy, but not unfair by any means.

ZealousD said:
I think what's going to happen is that the absolute top-tier Korean players, like Flash, are going to keep playing SC1. Many of the more B-tier level Pros and average Koreans who can't catch up will move on to StarCraft 2 and define that scene.

That's what I'd assume as well.

Can you actually do a manner pylon in this game?

I should try this sometime, just to see how my opponents would react. They'd probably think I was cannon rushing them and then devote all workers to my pylon. :lol

Sloegr

watervengeance said:

I should try this sometime, just to see how my opponents would react. They'd probably think I was cannon rushing them and then devote all workers to my pylon. :lol

I haven't seen one. I just assumed you couldn't, but I have not tried it.

Aesthet1c

I have to say as much as I hate getting beat by cheese strat's.. at the end of the day, it's all fair. You do whatever it takes for you to win. The thing about cheese, is it's all in, they have to sacrifice somewhere to pull off what they are doing, and it's up to you to be aware of that, and counter it.

Kronotech

Ok so I think I may try to finally jump into a Beta game this weekend. I know it's probably been answered before but don't want to sift through a billion pages.

As a relatively SC noob (I played SC1 back in the day and loved it.. but sucked), will I be able to match up with other noobs?

Ashhong

ZealousD said:
That has to require some INSANE APM to keep that gas steal for that long. At the end he's just cancels and builds so quick. :lol

eh? as long as he remembers to keep track of it, just gotta press ESC, b, r, left click. done done done

Zzoram

watervengeance said:

Nope. The way the minerals are laid out, it's not possible to trap workers with a single pylon.

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
Can't believe I still don't have a code for this. Been watching videos since beta release. <3 Blizzard

Top Bottom