• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

StarCraft 2 Beta |OT| (Beta Now Reopen, GL HF)

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
EvaPlusMinus said:
Can't believe I still don't have a code for this. Been watching videos since beta release. <3 Blizzard
If you ask nicely. I can probably let you use my alt account that I think my friend never uses anymore.

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
Corran Horn said:
If you ask nicely. I can probably let you use my alt account that I think my friend never uses anymore.

I will suck your penis.

Pretty please?

NIN90 said:
guys he was teh drunk lolz

Not as drunk as I was playing you. The difference here though is that I was more interested in the TV to my left than playing. I agreed to a second game where I said I would pay attention since what I was watching had finished, but while waiting for that to start "Balls of Fury" came on and that which was far more interesting.

Besides winning made the nub happy, maybe now it'll want to continue playing now it knows it can win (provided the opponent it plays does not care about playing that is).

NIN90

ChronicleX said:
Not as drunk as I was playing you. The difference here though is that I was more interested in the TV to my left than playing. I agreed to a second game where I said I would pay attention since what I was watching had finished, but while waiting for that to start "Balls of Fury" came on and that which was far more interesting.

Besides winning made the nub happy, maybe now it'll want to continue playing now it knows it can win (provided the opponent it plays does not care about playing that is).
Are you sure you don't have an addiction? You sure seem to be drunk all the time.

Na. I am just trying to kill my head until something good happens so I do not have to think about all the shit happening in my life currently. Less details the better but point being is I care not win/loose, I play for fun. Playing proper requires thinking and currently thinking is the last thing I need.

I never saying I did not you salad, Its a custom so I do not give a fuck anyway, if it makes some nub happy to play my AFK ass so be it.

"guys guys i swear I lost because of something else other than me being terrible." ?

guys, be reasonable. this is obviously, indubitably the one, single time out of the billion times this excuse has been used that the loser is telling the truth. I mean, fake proxy is unbeatable.

Sarye

Thank God for Gaf =)

I had a match where my opponent cannon rushed me. For some reason he started below the ramp tho and I couldn't get to the cannon in time with my zealot. Thankfully I remembered what you guys said to do in that situation and played it calmly.

Instead of wasting my units trying to push out, I got a forge and built just two of my own cannons so that he couldn't cannon creep me. Then I rushed for a colossus with the range upgrade knowing that they outrange cannons while getting stalkers just incase he was going void rays.

He quit pretty soon after I dropped into his base (where there was nothing there) and began pushing out of my base with my colossus. He tried to take it out with his void rays but with my mass stalkers they were quickly dispatched.

Total units lost, 1 probe, 1 zealot. :lol

I could have done a few things better tho. First, I could have gotten a warp prism first while getting the colossus upgrade since then I could expand to the island. Also, I could have ended it a lot earlier if I didn't bring my scout probe back to see if he was proxying and kept him on the other side so that I could warp in units to his undefended base much earlier. On the plus side he didn't expand early like he should have but he was a bronze player so I lucked out.

TLDR
The point is when I saw he was cheesing I didn't panic and played it calmly. Even with mistakes, if I know what to do, it makes dealing with cheese much easier.

Just played Hungry Hungry Zergling before. It's hilarious, there's one invincible AI zergling that chases your one unit (Marauder) and tries to eat it, if it carries the missile. You can shoot the missile at other Marauders who will then carry it and get chased until they are eaten. You can blink from time to time as well. The one who survives wins the round.

Son of Godzilla said:
So I just played my 5 practice matches. Lost every single one of them. I'm ranked gold.

-twitch-

If I don't hit Gold, I will be very annoyed. :lol

They reworked the ladder system again. You can no longer get into diamond through the placement matches (or it's ridiculously hard, not just 5-0), but instead through promotion.

Ashhong

watervengeance said:
-twitch-

If I don't hit Gold, I will be very annoyed. :lol

They reworked the ladder system again. You can no longer get into diamond through the placement matches (or it's ridiculously hard, not just 5-0), but instead through promotion.

thats smart. but they should put back copper then

Bisonian

Son of Godzilla said:
So I just played my 5 practice matches. Lost every single one of them. I'm ranked gold.

Don't feel bad, me and LaneDS just went 3-2 in 2v2 placement and ended up in Bronze. Placement is working well it would seem.

I just thought it was funny that I got utterly pounded for my "practice" matches but placement was a complete breeze.

I put the blame on the practice settings being obnoxious BGH crap with wonky game speed.

Anyways is there any in-game help/tutorial at all? I could only find tech trees, but they don't even show what the fuck the actual units are. Learning that the stupid Scout wannabes don't attack ground in-game ain't fuckin fun.

DaFish

Son of Godzilla said:
I just thought it was funny that I got utterly pounded for my "practice" matches but placement was a complete breeze.

I put the blame on the practice settings being obnoxious BGH crap with wonky game speed.

Anyways is there any in-game help/tutorial at all? I could only find tech trees, but they don't even show what the fuck the actual units are. Learning that the stupid Scout wannabes don't attack ground in-game ain't fuckin fun.
Watch a replay and hit the "F12" key.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
ChronicleX said:
I never saying I did not you salad, Its a custom so I do not give a fuck anyway, if it makes some nub happy to play my AFK ass so be it.
you remind me of my brother when i got him into starcraft.

he was unbeatable.
except for all those times he lost because he wasn't trying.

'course he had the excuse of puberty at the time...

Sarye

looks like they retooled the placement matches a league lower. So Diamond is now platinum, platinum is now Gold and Gold is now silver. There also seems to be more bronze players now which makes sense.

Got matched up to a lot of bronze players

Ashhong

those matches werent even close. i especially love how chronicle doesnt just GG and makes the tlau search everywhere. makings of a true champion right there

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Ashhong said:
eh? as long as he remembers to keep track of it, just gotta press ESC, b, r, left click. done done done

If that's all he's doing, it's easy. If he's macroing at his base at the same time, much, much more difficult.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
ChronicleX said:

I've been posting on GAF for just over 3 years now. And in that entire time frame, no poster has ever annoyed me enough to put them on my ignore list.

You sir, are now officially the first.

Adieu.

ZealousD said:
I've been posting on GAF for just over 3 years now. And in that entire time frame, no poster has ever annoyed me enough to put them on my ignore list.

You sir, are now officially the first.

Adieu.

Yeah, his complains are just plain annoying/rude. +1 to that ignore list.

raphier

Banned
shagg_187 said:
Just finished watching the second match: HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
In the second game Chronicle almost got a Dark Templar out, but 1 sec before spawning, he lost the warpgate :lol And in the first game he almost got the game-changing voidray, but lost the pylon

It was tight to watch these games, because of game-changing matter that would make tlau loose, but they didn't occur on last moments. Like watching a hockey on it's last 5 seconds and somebody hits the winning goal.

Ashhong

raphier said:
In the second game Chronicle almost got a Dark Templar out, but 1 sec before spawning, he lost the warpgate :lol And in the first game he almost got the game-changing voidray, but lost the pylon

It was tight to watch these games, because of game-changing matter that would make tlau loose, but they didn't occur on last moments. Like watching a hockey on it's last 5 seconds and somebody hits the winning goal.

tlau was already building his cyber, void ray would not have been able to kill everyone in time. would have made it a bit more interesting though. didnt see the DT in the first game, except for on his island expansion

JoeMartin

ChronicleX said:

You're such a tool :lol :lol :lol

Top Bottom