• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

StarCraft 2 Beta |OT| (Beta Now Reopen, GL HF)

Hazaro said:
There is no easy counter to tanks.

I never said there was, but there are counters. Phoenix + Blink Stalker or Charged Zealots work wonders since you can get in there the instant the tanks are lifted to counter any anti air that could take the phoenix down, before finishing off the tanks.

K.Sabot

This song got spotlighted on Team Liquid and it does a good job of depressing the hell out of me.
It is a good song, though.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldzj5v9TtEc&feature=player_embedded

Lyrics!
Imagine theres no chat rooms
its easy if you try
no op irc below us
only a friends list to find
Imagine all the people
with no place to talk

imagine no lan latency
it isnt hard to do
takes long to kill or die when
your army takes ages to move
Imagine all the people
playing games in lag

Chorus:
you may say I'm a dreamer
but im not the only one
maybe some day youll join us
activision and blizzard will rule the world as one

Imagine no cross region play
I wonder if you can
Our need for greed is your hunger
tough shit, just buy another game
Imagine all the people
playing without their friends

Chorus

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
ChronicleX said:
I never said there was, but there are counters. Phoenix + Blink Stalker or Charged Zealots work wonders since you can get in there the instant the tanks are lifted to counter any anti air that could take the phoenix down, before finishing off the tanks.
That sounds good

Hey guys, I just returned from what I suppose you might call a weeks vacation (sort of). I would really like it if you all could re add me or give me your e-mails again due to the wipe. Was missing SC2 GAF quite a bit ;)

ID: Alumnus
email: xlildragon@gmail.com

fanboi

Banned
Regarding the EU tournament.

We will postpone all matches untill the next beta phase (Think all that is participating now will be in it).

Have a nice holiday!

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Ashhong said:
no you just got owned by zealots =)

u didnt get to claim panda?
You dont claim names atm. Everyone can have any name they want atm. Only email addy is what matters atm.

atm

atm

atm

JoeMartin

Yeah apparently they're deadset on allowing duplicates.

Which is dumb and confusing.

But then again so is almost all of battlenet 0.2

Sloegr

Ashhong said:
huh...thats lame. they should just get the identifiers back. hopefully its not gone forever

Keeping the current system for names and adding friends would be stupidity on a grand scale. I'm pretty sure they'll change it for launch.

Hazaro said:
That sounds good

It is pretty much the only safe way since you are not as vulnerable to a ghost/emp counter as if you went for Immortals as you have the possibility to lift of the ghosts should the Terran tech to them.
I am glad that not everyone in this topic is an absolute twat, and there are people who will still talk about SCII in this topic.

Trasher said:
So when exactly is the beta ending again?

7th June.

Proc

What are you guys going to play when the beta is gone? It was the go to game my buddy and I have been playing. Now all we'll have is nhl 10 to fall back on.

WC3 seems like it would be too much of a learning curve at this point.

F#A#Oo

Banned
So it will work on June 7th? Or it will die the minute the internal clock hits 00:00 7th of June?

Proc said:
What are you guys going to play when the beta is gone? It was the go to game my buddy and I have been playing. Now all we'll have is nhl 10 to fall back on.

Well Mario Galaxy gets released here on the 1th...so I'll be playing that till I get every single Star!

That and Super Street Fighter is all my gaming needs...till SC2...

V_Arnold

Proc said:

Well. I will do a "no competitive reflex games" month starting with tomorrow.
That means only practice mode in SSFIV, no SC I, WC3 or SCII - but Ill be watching the several new Day 9 dailies : )

And it will be a perfect time to finish and grind my few leftover games, such as ROF, Nier game+, Red Dead 100%, etc : )

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Proc said:

Im gonna be lucky. Taking a month long trip to the UK so I wont have to worry about SC2 too much :lol
Gonna try out some steam games like Torchlight and when I get home do the FF14 beta :D

Insaniac

Proc said:

well I'm still working on Monster Hunter Tri, Mario galaxy 2, Red Steel 2, Battlefield BC2 soo I got a lot to finish up.

Of course, the Starcraft beta would END right when my Finals finish :(

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Wow. I just won four 1v1 (Gold) games in a row by using the Phase Prism to warp 3-4 Dark Templars into the back of my opponent's base. I had never used them before today, but it's pretty amazing how few people prepare for cloaked units.

Ashhong

hm, im hoping the beta ends at the END of the 7th, so tomorrow night at midnight =( does it say somewhere that it definitely ends tonight?

and im going to play some CS 1.6 after its gone. figures that the beta, after ruining my studying habits, goes offline the day before my last final. thanks blizzard!

what. the fuck.

how is it a "rush" when I am bringing fucking Ghosts?

also, this conversation pissed me off:
content

bottom to top, you know the drill.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
When the beta goes offline can we still play custom maps by drag clicking onto the sc2.exe?

spazzfish

Proc said:

I'm going to plough through starcraft and broodwar single player campaign again.

Sloegr

mescalineeyes said:
how is it a "rush" when I am bringing fucking Ghosts?

A rush is any attack in the first ten minutes in which you have more units than they can stop.

The 'rush' mentality is why I couldn't get my friends into SC1/SC2. A timing push is just a rush in their mind :lol

Zertez

Mr Cola said:
When the beta goes offline can we still play custom maps by drag clicking onto the sc2.exe?
Blizzard has said the editor will still function when the beta goes down, so you should be able to play all customs maps. There is also several offline launchers around with decent ais, so you can play on Blizzard maps as well. MP will be out though :(

Zzoram

ElJuice said:
A rush is any attack in the first ten minutes in which you have more units than they can stop.

The 'rush' mentality is why I couldn't get my friends into SC1/SC2. A timing push is just a rush in their mind :lol

You attack when you see a weakness to exploit, you don't wait for both sides to line up in the middle like the British did.

Zzoram said:
You attack when you see a weakness to exploit, you don't wait for both sides to line up in the middle like the British did.
Some people do do this and do have fun doing this. I would hope they weren't a massively large population, but again yeah certain play styles are a turn off for certain people.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Zertez said:
Blizzard has said the editor will still function when the beta goes down, so you should be able to play all customs maps. There is also several offline launchers around with decent ais, so you can play on Blizzard maps as well. MP will be out though :(
really? I dont know of any sites but id love to play some semi-decent ai in the downtime if possible. Could you link me to a site or programme?

GregLombardi said:
Some people do do this and do have fun doing this. I would hope they weren't a massively large population, but again yeah certain play styles are a turn off for certain people.

he was about to build Void Rays, I'm not gonna wait around for that shit.

Wedge7

Man, feels like the SC2 beta has been around forever now, even though its been just like 2 months or so. Gonna feel weird when I cant just log in and start playing. Its gonna be a long few weeks/month/whatever. Backlog is beckoning, but damn.

Ashhong

mescalineeyes said:
he was about to build Void Rays, I'm not gonna wait around for that shit.

lol fuck what they say. this dude called me a noob because, after rushing with zealots, i teched to stalker+blink, while simultaneously teching DT to sneak into his partners base. all he built was roaches and said we were lucky we werent scouted, as if i didnt rock him with my stalkers alone. idiots man.

Sloegr

Zzoram said:

Preaching to the choir. I was just explaining why I had a hard time getting friends interested in the game.

Top Bottom