• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

StarCraft 2 Beta |OT| (Beta Now Reopen, GL HF)

It has hit NA (it hit NA first). However I just tested now and replays worked so guess it was just more random bullshit from the forum like when a 3page topic about a random omitted void ray buff that did not exist.

So good news, replays still work so D9D will continue as normal hoary! :D

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Lol partner DC'ed right away in composition wars so I just controlled his SCV and bum rushed on one side while randomly throwing more cannons on other side and won :lol

Here is a question that I cannot seem to fin the answer to. In which folder do I place downloaded map files so they do not give random errors when I play them? Both map folders do not work.

Edit - EU Beta is back up.

You can play Starcraft forever and not see everything, such as a an opponent in TvT on scrap station walling off with a planetary fortress.

Of course, the rear was left wide open for my medivacs to drop in some infantry.

ChronicleX said:
It has hit NA (it hit NA first). However I just tested now and replays worked so guess it was just more random bullshit from the forum like when a 3page topic about a random omitted void ray buff that did not exist.

So good news, replays still work so D9D will continue as normal hoary! :D
Ummm, I tried and got the opposite.

Zyzyxxz

Mudkips said:

There's the replay.

massive disappointment.

I'm not bagging on you because you may be a noob but you lead us on like you were in a great 1v1 game.

Your opponent was a noob and very inexperienced.

First of all, why no Queens? Seriously? Massing mutas without a queen? Fail.

Then he leaves the game since he has no buildings left, why? He still would have owned your ass if he stayed, he should have seen that you only had marines left since he destroyed all your buildings and his broodlords would have mowed down your marines like nothing.

Although it was a nice comeback your opponent seemed to have very little experience playing games lasting over 20 minutes as his macro/micro skills were lacking.

Bisonian

ChronicleX said:

So good news, replays still work so D9D will continue as normal hoary!

Son of Godzilla said:

Running a replay here with Patch 16 results in a filled bar, freezing, then a crash to desktop. Strong finish for ChronX, keeping his flawless streak of incorrect bullshit intact right up until the very last minute of beta.

FoxSpirit

Zyzyxxz said:
massive disappointment.

I'm not bagging on you because you may be a noob but you lead us on like you were in a great 1v1 game.

Then he leaves the game since he has no buildings left, why? He still would have owned your ass if he stayed, he should have seen that you only had marines left since he destroyed all your buildings and his broodlords would have mowed down your marines like nothing.

Although it was a nice comeback your opponent seemed to have very little experience playing games lasting over 20 minutes as his macro/micro skills were lacking.

Well, if he REALLY had no buildings left he lost the game, no matter his army size ;-)

Zyzyxxz

FoxSpirit said:
Well, if he REALLY had no buildings left he lost the game, no matter his army size ;-)

Still I would have ran my drones away and build a new base immediately or start defending my expo's.

Mudkips

Banned
Zyzyxxz said:
massive disappointment.

I don't know why he did what he did, probably because he should have won easily.
He didn't leave - he lost when I took out his last extractor.
That's how the game works, structures gone = lose.

Zyzyxxz said:
Still I would have ran my drones away and build a new base immediately or start defending my expo's.

He did this, to an extent, but I split my force up 8 ways from Sunday and hunted him down.

No, he didn't defend.

I only mentioned this replay because someone asked about Zergling rushes on that map.
me said:
I have an epic replay of me doing this.
And by "epic", I mean, it was the first time I had even seen that map, and the 5th 1v1 game I've ever played.

It's merely an example of how that map is shitty, and how you can indeed pull through the initial rush and last.

I'm no noob by any measure. I'm (was?) platinum/diamond in 2v2 with random and various friends. And our group of 4 has never lost a 4v4. That "copper" listing for the replay was because I didn't select anything in the drop down. That was my 4th 1v1 placement match.

But please, continue to enthrall us with your tales of how the guy left for no reason, when he actually lost all of his structures and, as a result, the game.

Hello, Dr. Nick!
V

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
the beta and i had a delicious swan song.

gloat.jpg

ill see yall in july

Good News everyone. I converted the local on the latest Battlecraft 2.0 map for you all to enjoy in EU before the beta ends.

PS - I HATE this new system.... It is so complex for no reason.

Edit - For some reason not able to host it public.... weird..... awe well at least it works.

Edit2 - Aha fixed that, works fine now :lol

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Hazaro said:
Thought so from the point gains and your play in the tourney. :D

What builds have you been using vs each race?

thanks.

mech against zerg

infantry against toss

vikings and tanks against terran.

pretty standard stuff as of right now.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I can't do bio vs toss I hate losing all my units to temps.

Need to set up tank contains. Bad habit of mine.

I usually win though, need to remember to make ghosts. I think I've made them 5 times during the entire beta. 3 of the times to nuke.

I like opening 1/1/1 vs Toss. Dunno what to do vs Zergs who mass muta. Thors do crap and Zerg just pumps drones. So annoying.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Hazaro said:
I can't do bio vs toss I hate losing all my units to temps.

Need to set up tank contains. Bad habit of mine.

I usually win though, need to remember to make ghosts. I think I've made them 5 times during the entire beta. 3 of the times to nuke.

I like opening 1/1/1 vs Toss. Dunno what to do vs Zergs who mass muta. Thors do crap and Zerg just pumps drones. So annoying.
i only just recently started making ghosts every match against toss. i usually just try to end things quickly with rines, rauders, and ghosts before they get collosi or temps

what's a 1/1/1 opening?

as for the zerg, wouldnt mass thors/helions work? a lot of thors will still clean up mass mutas, esspecially if you repair em. and they'll probably try to counter the thors with zerglings over roaches so preignitor can fix that.

Feep

Banned
Replays work on the new patch, BTW.

Just got in one last game. One of my best; held off an 8 pool, then proceeded to thrash the bitch. He cursed me out and whined as he ragequit :lol :lol :lol

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
-COOLIO- said:
i only just recently started making ghosts every match against toss. i usually just try to end things quickly with rines, rauders, and ghosts before they get collosi or temps

what's a 1/1/1 opening?

as for the zerg, wouldnt mass thors/helions work? a lot of thors will still clean up mass mutas, esspecially if you repair em. and they'll probably try to counter the thors with zerglings over roaches so preignitor can fix that.
reactor rax, tech fact, tech port -> marine tank raven/banshee

Then you get upgrades and just swap to whatever you need more with the reactor.

Thor/Hellion loses to roaches. And it's the fact that you need to keep the thors in your base. Plus spaced out mutas beat thors in combat.

Because the Z has map control he can get 3 full saturated bases up. That is infinity roaches. Thors do well, but not well enough when the Z can make 30 of them and a move you. Mutas to snipe tanks, so easy.
aznpxdd said:
Why are banshee's so great against zerg again?
Comes out fast, kills a queen, gets some free drone kills. DPS is always handy to have, early starport means ravens -> HSM, or vikings, or cloak banshees. Very good map control.

fanboi

Banned
Zyzyxxz said:
which sucks so if you are zerg v. terran you gotta be scouting early to figure out your own plan.

Or you always build Hydras :p (well you need to scout so you dont overproduce em and Mr Terran comes with tanks since then your only choice is to ragequit).

nilbog21

Banned
NOOOOOOOOOOoooo servers shutting down in 30 min !!!!

edit: btw for the 111 build i suggested against zerg, it's kinda meant as an all-in push, not really banshee harass. banshees are good becaue it will force him to go hydras > which gets raped by marines/tanks. if he gets mutas > gets raped by marines. if ur afraid of burrowed roaches (most players arent smart enough to do this), accompany ur push w/ turrets or get a raven since u already have a tech lab on port

enjoy winning every game -_-

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
nilbog21 said:
NOOOOOOOOOOoooo servers shutting down in 30 min !!!!

edit: btw for the 111 build i suggested against zerg, it's kinda meant as an all-in push, not really banshee harass. banshees are good becaue it will force him to go hydras > which gets raped by marines/tanks. if he gets mutas > gets raped by marines. if ur afraid of burrowed roaches (most players arent smart enough to do this), accompany ur push w/ turrets or get a raven since u already have a tech lab on port

enjoy winning every game -_-
Terran can just scan roaches. Roach burrow in general is pretty useless.

Xamdou

Played a game till the servers shutdown, everybody in the game said their farewells ;O

When will the SC2 beta go back up?

proud to say I won my last game going away.

20 fully upgraded Void Rays. level 3 weapons, level 3 armor, level 2 shields.

it wasn't even a contest. overwhelming power vs. almost any normal mass.

Ashhong

AHHHHH had to study the past few days and didnt get to say farewell to the beta :'( i hate how my finals end on the last day of the beta. ridiculous timing.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
fanboi said:
EU Gaf... we need a new game to play while we wait for next beta phase.

What about KOHAN? It is MOD approved.
Ive just been using the Sc2allin1 ai programme offline, and surprisingly its really really hard :lol im talking optimized builds where they show up in your base with an unbeatable force, good practice mind.

Other than that its back to tf2 and the World cup :eek:

fanboi

Banned
joelseph said:
People choose the strangest names. Coolio?

I totally agree joelseph

Ive just been using the Sc2allin1 ai programme offline, and surprisingly its really really hard im talking optimized builds where they show up in your base with an unbeatable force, good practice mind.

Other than that its back to tf2 and the World cup :eek:

Might try that

Bisonian

As a Zerg player vs Terran I've never really feared Banshees... every Terran tries at least one, and it's not hard to make a second queen or drop a Spore near your hatch if needbe. The second queen isn't wasted because it makes your FE safer (especially guarding vs early Helions), and helps spread creep faster (which is extremely important to cut off an incoming tank push).

Once I've seen them go air I gather a ling/roach push (or baneling bust) and take map control or just end it early. I actually see early banshees as a waste of money for terran when they could be preparing a bigger tank timing push to put the clamps down on a FE. Two queens really can wreak some havoc against air, especially with transfusion.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Bah, played really poorly yesterday. Everything just felt way off and nothing went right, and now the beta is over so I can't redeem myself :(

Mudkips

Banned
Bisonian said:
As a Zerg player vs Terran I've never really feared Banshees... every Terran tries at least one, and it's not hard to make a second queen or drop a Spore near your hatch if needbe. The second queen isn't wasted because it makes your FE safer (especially guarding vs early Helions), and helps spread creep faster (which is extremely important to cut off an incoming tank push).

Once I've seen them go air I gather a ling/roach push (or baneling bust) and take map control or just end it early. I actually see early banshees as a waste of money for terran when they could be preparing a bigger tank timing push to put the clamps down on a FE. Two queens really can wreak some havoc against air, especially with transfusion.

Early Banshees will wreck your shit - at your base or your ground push.
Banshee rushing is no reason for a Terran to stop pumping Marines to sit behind his wall - gas is the issue, not minerals.

Top Bottom