• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

StarCraft 2 Beta |OT| (Beta Now Reopen, GL HF)

Hazaro said:
Lift to island and tech to battlecruiser :lol

Fixed! ;) Watch them zergs fry like no tomorrow. Just played a game actually with the dude doing the same play. As soon as I saw that my marines are no match for his army, I stropped making them, Lift the command center to Island and started making battlecruisers. Too bad he didn't know that he destroyed all my army cause for some reason, he decided to keep on massing them. 6 Battlecruisers, 2 Banshees and 2 Vikings later, I annihilated him!

shagg_187 said:
Fixed! ;) Watch them zergs fry like no tomorrow. Just played a game actually with the dude doing the same play. As soon as I saw that my marines are no match for his army, I stropped making them, Lift the command center to Island and started making battlecruisers. Too bad he didn't know that he destroyed all my army cause for some reason, he decided to keep on massing them. 6 Battlecruisers, 2 Banshees and 2 Vikings later, I annihilated him!

If you can tech to Battlecruisers and mass them before the zerg destroys you with mutalisks/corrupters there is something seriously wrong with the zerg. Having an overlord over that island to prevent this is the norm.

Has Blizzard said anything more about the whole "only play vs people in your region online" ?

I love Blizzard and all that but this sounds like a completely dick move. I have friends all around the world that I've met in different RTSs and it would be really disappointing to not be able to play against them in possibly the biggest RTS of all time.

Johann

I'm going to miss you Beta.

TheThunder said:
Has Blizzard said anything more about the whole "only play vs people in your region online" ?

I love Blizzard and all that but this sounds like a completely dick move. I have friends all around the world that I've met in different RTSs and it would be really disappointing to not be able to play against them in possibly the biggest RTS of all time.

It was what I feared when Greg Canessa was hired to work on B.Net 2.0. The service would attempt to emulate Xbox Live/console interface and design rather than bring Starcraft up to date with modern PC online play.

Hopefully, they change this eventually. There's no way I'm paying for multiple copies.

F#A#Oo

Banned
NIN90 said:
Shit is still really hard against a competent terran.

Yeah tell me about...just lost to Terran mech. I out-macro'd him too. :(

Still I think Baneling/Muta/Ling against most Terran is still the most effective strategy if they go mech...but as you said if their competent it's an entirely different story...

Johann said:
I'm going to miss you Beta.

It was what I feared when Greg Canessa was hired to work on B.Net 2.0. The service would attempt to emulate Xbox Live/console interface and design rather than bring Starcraft up to date with modern PC online play.

Hopefully, they change this eventually. There's no way I'm paying for multiple copies.

Who is Greg Canessa and what made him think of this revolutionary stupid idea ?

fanboi

Banned
F#A#Oo said:
Yeah tell me about...just lost to Terran mech. I out-macro'd him too. :(

Still I think Baneling/Muta/Ling against most Terran is still the most effective strategy if they go mech...but as you said if their competent it's an entirely different story...

One base muta is good to end a game vs terran and not allowing them to get mech + huge numbers.

Then build roach. Muta roach is the new muta ling.

Deadly

TheThunder said:
Who is Greg Canessa and what made him think of this revolutionary stupid idea ?
Think he's one of the guys that worked on XBL. I have to admit the system works well for consoles but on the PC it's a stepback.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
So they got a console guy to make a flashy interface with low functionality for their PC-only RTS game? Makes total sense!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Not going to miss you, beta.

jasonng

Aw nerts. I was doing a PvT when bnet gave us the 5 minute warning. So I mass up some gateways and did a warp prism in the back of his base and caught him with his pants down. I got rid of his base and started frantically looking for any spare bases so I can claim a victory before it closes. Found his second command center, his only building left, with less than a minute left and he floats out of harms way thus saving himself from a loss. Hilarious moment.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
fanboi said:
One base muta is good to end a game vs terran and not allowing them to get mech + huge numbers.

Then build roach. Muta roach is the new muta ling.
wouldnt the thors counter the mutas?

broodlords with corruptors always seemed like the best mech counter to me

Mudkips

Banned
-COOLIO- said:
how do you counter a zergling rush/baneling bust on scrap station as terran? the ramp is so damn wide

I have an epic replay of me doing this.
And by "epic", I mean, it was the first time I had even seen that map, and the 5th 1v1 game I've ever played. (I only do 2v2 and up, but I was really bored one day two weeks ago, so I gave 1v1 a shot. Won 4 placement matches and never did the 5th. The other (first) 1v1 game I played was ages ago against someone on GAF.)

So I start with mah normal shits, trying to look over & learn the map a bit while I get my first stuff out. Then there's an overlord on my ass like 10 seconds into the game.

Terrible map is terrible.

Zerglings get on me like crazy, of course, but I manage to get enough marines to hold out for a bit. Finally I can wall off the whole damned thing, but he's got Mutas and I'm way behind.

I ended up throwing up turrets all over hell to make him hold off a bit while I got a few Marine drops on his ass, but I couldn't really hurt him much. He had multiple expansions and I was still stuck at my main.

Eventually I tried to expand out to my natural, but he took it out. I got it up and running and decently defended after a while, but I was hurtin' on resources and was about to fly over my original Command Center to another expansion and hope I could hold it.

That's when his mass of Mutas came in.

Gimme somewhere to upload the replay and you can see how I pulled off the win.

Cru Jones

Mudkips said:
And by "epic", I mean, it was the first time I had even seen that map, and the 5th 1v1 game I've ever played. (I only do 2v2 and up, but I was really bored one day two weeks ago, so I gave 1v1 a shot. Won 4 placement matches and never did the 5th. The other (first) 1v1 game I played was ages ago against someone on GAF.)

So I start with mah normal shits, trying to look over & learn the map a bit while I get my first stuff out. Then there's an overlord on my ass like 10 seconds into the game.

Zerglings get on me like crazy, of course, but I manage to get enough marines to hold out for a bit. Finally I can wall off the whole damned thing, but he's got Mutas and I'm way behind.

I ended up throwing up turrets all over hell to make him hold off a bit while I got a few Marine drops on his ass, but I couldn't really hurt him much. He had multiple expansions and I was still stuck at my main.

Eventually I tried to expand out to my natural, but he took it out. I got it up and running and decently defended after a while, but I was hurtin' on resources and was about to fly over my original Command Center to another expansion and hope I could hold it.

LOL, cliffhanger ending :)

Zyzyxxz

Mudkips said:

you ass!

mcrae

Mudkips said:

http://www.sc2rc.com/

interested to see the ending :)

mescalineeyes said:
damnit. my last game was a loss :lol

Mine was worse..... I started a battlecraft custom when the system message "4 mins until shutdown" appeared, and I died 30 seconds before the system shutdown :lol

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
ZealousD said:
Yes and no. You can't build one or two thors and be expected to kill every mutalisk.

Day9 did one of his dailies on 1 base mutas vs Terran. Sen vs DeMuslim. DeMuslim gets thors against 1 base muta but still loses.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gN3poFjJHRU
Kitten killer!

I really like this Nydus network action
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LvHjCRKIOo&feature=player_embedded
basically just fucks over the protoss with having 4-5 networks all around his bases

Wedge7

Looks like we have (US Server) till the end of the night, potentially early tommorow for beta.

"Technically Patch 16, yeah. We decided it didn't need notes being that it just fixed one crash, and beta is coming down today anyway.

On that note, by the way, it looks like the servers should be up until sometime late tonight or possibly early tomorrow morning (PDT). Still no exact time decided on yet."

http://forums.battle.net/thread.html?topicId=25170443053&sid=5000

Des0lar

will learn eventually
Mudkips said:

Someone spoil the ending. I'm no at home, but I want to know!

Yeah I read about that patch too just now so maybe the EU beta is not over after all. However this patch 16 has fucked something up, something major. It has broke replays which means.......

No More Day9 Dailies, replay casting or anything while the beta is down! Well done blizz!:lol

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
EU beta is finally over. Starcraft II had a good run.

F#A#Oo

Banned
ChronicleX said:
Yeah I read about that patch too just now so maybe the EU beta is not over after all. However this patch 16 has fucked something up, something major. It has broke replays which means.......

No More Day9 Dailies, replay casting or anything while the beta is down! Well done blizz!:lol

:( nooooo!

Have Blizzard said when we can expect the next phase to start? I hope for early July... :D

Top Bottom