• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

StarCraft 2 Beta |OT| (Beta Now Reopen, GL HF)

Jokey665 said:
I have exactly one hotkey problem with using an offrace: I cannot build probes to save my life. I play Terran, and its just ingrained to hit S for workers. I can do fine with Zerg because it's still S; I just have to remember to hit D afterwards, which is easy. But with Protoss, half the time I'll be mashing S 5-10 times until I realize I'm a dumbass and then try to hit P and realize I'm more of a dumbass before finally hitting E and the other half of the time I skip S and go straight to P. Damn you, Broodwar! haha
The hotkeys in this game are utter crap. To pull an SCV off of construction you have to hit T? What in the blue fuck.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
-COOLIO- said:
ya if im remembering correctly, at the end of the mission youre suppose to be overrun right?

i probably had like 200/200 supply siege tanks since that's how i played every game when i was 9.
most of the attackers were zerglings, do you have any idea how many zerglings it takes to kill a bunker of 4 firebats in a choke?

Pandaman said:
ah.

well i dont know about you guys, but i left her behind a minefield, dozens of bunkers and turrets and a line of seige tanks, she should have been able to hold out for awhile. >_>

You'd run out of fuel/ammo eventually.

Yaweee

Son of Godzilla said:
The hotkeys in this game are utter crap. To pull an SCV off of construction you have to hit T? What in the blue fuck.

There are other hotkey schemes you can use.

And why no Delgo anymore?

Zzoram

Son of Godzilla said:

Once while harassing a guy's SCV, I caused him to cancel his 90% done Barracks. I guess he hit Esc while having the Barracks selected. In Broodwar, you hit Esc with your SCV selected to take the SCV off building. He just left the game after that :lol

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
watervengeance said:
You'd run out of fuel/ammo eventually.
the 417th confederate platoon held off a planet full of zerg long enough to allow for the sons of korhal to evacuate several majour cities.

that was 8 marines, a couple of bunkers and an scv.

Zzoram

-COOLIO- said:
ya if im remembering correctly, at the end of the mission youre suppose to be overrun right?

i probably had like 200/200 supply siege tanks since that's how i played every game when i was 9.

There were a lot of missions where you had to survive a timer, but could destroy all the enemies on the map before the timer. This one you couldn't because the Zerg wasn't allowed to lose a single building or you would fail the mission.

Milabrega

I keep missing the commercial damn it! This starcraft story discussion is awesome btw keep it going. I forgot/didn't pay attention to most of it.

Probable noob question:

In the battle shortly after the times stamp on this video, how does Husky make the 'crescent' shape that he talks about?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYEPT8qoj8U#t=02m06s

I thought would move the individual, but it looks like he has all units selected while he does it. Also, Is he not worrying about focus firing there then? The only micro I'm consistent with is pulling away damaged units to keep them alive. I'm still working on almost all the rest.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
prodystopian said:
Probable noob question:

In the battle shortly after the times stamp on this video, how does Husky make the 'crescent' shape that he talks about?

I thought would move the individual, but it looks like he has all units selected while he does it. Also, Is he not worrying about focus firing there then? The only micro I'm consistent with is pulling away damaged units to keep them alive. I'm still working on almost all the rest.
Units will concave on their own. Looks like the other player moved all his units closer to have them all fire instead of waiting for a concave.

Mardil

prodystopian said:
Probable noob question:

Yes, the concave forms on its own. What you can do to have an advantage in a fight like that is, if you have blink researched, blink to a side of the fight so that some of their units loose their range on you and you take their units one by one on the left.

Ashhong

Frustrated_me said:
So I just got a new MacBook pro 13" 2.4ghz with 4gigs ram and the SC2 beta ends :-/

What are my options to play against AI?

your first option is to install Windows 7 via bootcamp, because the mac client fucking sucks.

Zzoram

Teamliquid.net said:
Korean Air Hangar, on the release date.

Blizzard, on the upcoming 24th, has invited Korean business VIPs and Reporters to the Korean Air Hangar at Kimpo Airport for a Starcraft 2 release celebration media day.

The Hangar is a place where you store the airplanes and repair and inspect the airplanes. Of course, this May 22nd, the Korean Air Starleague Finals also took place there.

Blizzard, on June 1st, sent mail to many reporters saying "We'll give you exclusive news, please empty your headlines. 2010 June 24th", and sent invitations in a teaser form, and on the 10th, has sent invitations that they are officially inviting them to Starcraft 2 release day Media Day.

1276221158_2.jpg

The event is scheduled from 11 AM to 2 PM on the upcoming 24th, and on the invitation mail it says "UPGRADE... 99%", and "Thank you for waiting so long. We will now reveal everything about Starcraft 2".

Furthermore, Blizzard has announced that for this Media day, people from Blizzard Headquarters will reveal fine details of items related to Starcraft 2.

Korean Air on the other hand, has sponsored the Korean Air Starleague 2010 that ended last May 22nd, and continuing, they have decided to sponsor Korean Air Starleague 2010 Season 2 that starts this 11th. There are speculations that Korean Air may be using this Starcraft2 related event to expand their sponsorship on Starcraft 2 and eSports.

Source: http://fomos.kr/board/board.php?mode=read&keyno=107672&db=issue

Teamliquid posted this translation recently. Seems like June 24th will be a big day.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Has anybody found a relatively easy AI that works with the latest patch? The only AI I know that works is GreenTea, which I'm pretty sure cheats. I did a marauder/ghost push against it, got repelled, then somehow had both colossi AND void rays knocking on my door at the same time.

kamspy

ZealousD said:
Has anybody found a relatively easy AI that works with the latest patch? The only AI I know that works is GreenTea, which I'm pretty sure cheats. I did a marauder/ghost push against it, got repelled, then somehow had both colossi AND void rays knocking on my door at the same time.

I'm looking for an AI that works with the newest patch too...

fatty

Let's say my workers (probes) are getting harassed and I move them away from minerals and gas, is there an easy way to get them back to what they were doing before (both gas and minerals, instead of just clicking on a patch of minerals and them skipping gas)?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
fatty said:
Let's say my workers (probes) are getting harassed and I move them away from minerals and gas, is there an easy way to get them back to what they were doing before (both gas and minerals, instead of just clicking on a patch of minerals and them skipping gas)?
Select all of them, click on a gas, shift + click 3 times (The unit icons), click on a gas, shift + click 3 times, click on minerals.

You might only need to click twice if your lone probe that was hiding in the assimilator lived.

Ashhong

Hazaro said:
Select all of them, shift + click 3 times (The unit icons), right click on a gas, shift + click 3 times, click on minerals.

You might only need to click twice if your lone probe that was hiding in the assimilator lived.

fixed i think. how would you see the unit icons if you click on the gas

fatty

Thanks, yeah that's how I did it for Broodwar but I was just hoping there was a way to go back to what they were doing automatically (like hitting 'G' for gather or something). Even though using the 'Shift' method was how I did it on BW for some reason now I just select them all to minerals and manually click a few back to gas since two are already in the Assimilator most of the time. I guess I need to get in the habit of using 'Shift' again.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Yeah you want to right click on gas, just figured it was a given.

TBH I do minerals then struggle to select 3 workers for each gas, but that way is faster and better.

msv

Hm, I just click some from the mineral line, shift+click the units away till I have 3 left, send em to nexus/cc and then into gas.

prodystopian said:
Probable noob question:

I always use the hotkey 'a' to attack move, and click behind my target and the army seems to concave automatically.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
NIN90 said:
Day 9's teeth freak me out. One tooth is larger than the other ones.
He has a chipped tooth, he told the story of it in one of his earlier Day9 Dailies (Probably like between 20-50)

It was a really stupid reason too :lol

ZealousD

Hazaro said:
But it only makes 2 units :lol

Was needing an AI for my tutorial videos. An ultra-hard cheating AI is not what I need when I'm trying to teach people the basics of attack-move.

ZealousD

Are replays totally borked too? I can't seem to get any replay to work right now. =(

Kronotech

So a friend of mine says that his brother told him he has a copy of Single Player Beta. My friend is trustworthy but his brother is not. Brother was going to send it to him (they don't live with each other).

Was there ever a Single Player Beta that went out?

Top Bottom