• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

StarCraft 2 Beta |OT| (Beta Now Reopen, GL HF)

LowParry

Felix Lighter said:
I was just able to log in and create a game with a medium AI. It seems to be up and running again or am I an idiot that didn't realize we could already do that?

"Battle.net is down for maintenance. Please trying again later."

Door2Dawn said:
What the fuck is up with this pre paid time bullshit? What does this mean?

In some regions the game is sold on a subscription basis I think. You don't pay for the actual software but you pay for play time. Not 100% certain on that but I remember hearing something a while ago.

shagg_187 said:
:lol :lol :lol

Fired up SC1 cause I couldn't wait for this shit and started playing Campaign. :D

Wait wait WHAT? WHAT?!!!! Event coordinators getting LAN copy while he are not? WHAT IS THIS FUCKING BLASPHEMY?!!!!! WHAT IF IT'S A SMALL LAN PARTY? DO I CONTACT BLIZZARD OR SOMETHING? FUCKING HELL?

hahaha, you actually have to call blizzard and probably pay them money, they send a blizzard guy out to hand deliver it

so magnificently insane.

Pai Pai Master said:
In some regions the game is sold on a subscription basis I think. You don't pay for the actual software but you pay for play time. Not 100% certain on that but I remember hearing something a while ago.

there will be like a monthly purchase for 8 bucks or something or 1.99 for a day I believe. Funny thing is that in those markets the normal game at $60 will be purchasable too, i really wonder why they dont just do that everywhere. I guess because americans have so much credit available to them.

Door2Dawn

Banned
"You have used up your pre paid time for this account. Please vist battle.net account management to purchase more time."

Why am I getting this?

LowParry

Well, I can log in but not search for games yet. AI games though. That's something. :lol

Oh, there we go, searching now!

Edit: Wow. My name is listed in my profile. It starts!

Peterthumpa

Actually, in Brazil for example, where the full retail game is sold for R$ 99, there's going to be a version for R$ 49,99 that will offer online play for 6 months.

After that period, you have to buy a "perpetual license" for a yet unannounced value.

LowParry

Yeah, I can't do any searches or anything yet. I'd say give it 30 - 60 minutes before things get moving.

ultron87 said:
I'm pretty sure it did that during the last phase of the beta too.

I don't recall it doing that. Eh, well at least all the sounds are back through the menus.

Bisonian

Not sure if anyone is keeping a list, but: Bisonian.865 (NA)

For those not able to get in, I logged in, restarted, got the B.net is down message, tried again and got back in. Give it a few attempts and you'll get in. Now to see if you can actually play any games.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Yeah can't play any games yet.

There's an achievement called "Would You Kindly". You get it when you kill 5 units with a single neural parasite. :lol

ZealousD

K.Sabot said:
Okay, I suddenly need to add an authenticator code.

What the hell happened to my battle.net account?

=/

You might have gotten hit with a keylogger and the hacker used an authenticator to lock you out. Try getting in touch with Blizzard Support?

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
CcrooK said:
I don't recall it doing that. Eh, well at least all the sounds are back through the menus.

Last few weeks of Beta it required you to be Real ID friends only, which showed your RL name to everyone on your list.

K.Sabot said:
Okay, I suddenly need to add an authenticator code.

What the hell happened to my battle.net account?
Yeah, you got hacked.

Its standard practice for hackers to add an authenticator to your account after it has been compromised.

):

K.Sabot

Pookaki said:
Yeah, you got hacked.

Its standard practice for hackers to add an authenticator to your account after it has been compromised.

):

It never showed up on my email. I would have known.

Ashhong

i dont know about anybody else but i loaded mine and it was running like shit. everything was so laggy. if that is happening to you, enable vsync in the option.

i also cant join or even create a game. fucking tease!

LowParry

Corran Horn said:
Last few weeks of Beta it required you to be Real ID friends only, which showed your RL name to everyone on your list.

Ah, gotcha. Missed the last couple of weeks so missed out on that.

ultron87

Well the Medium AI is still pretty easy if you have any idea what you are doing.

They attack you a few times, but it is never enough to be serious. And it never expanded even though I left it alone for a good while. Hopefully Hard or whatever is above that is more of a challenge.

ZealousD

aznpxdd said:
What's this character code thing?

It's replacing identifiers. So instead of your character being "blah.blah", it's "blah" with a character code of "123".

Top Bottom