• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

StarCraft 2 Beta |OT| (Beta Now Reopen, GL HF)

Corran Horn said:
I still dont get how hard is it to have just your User ID and thats it!

I think alot of blizzard employees must be butthurt by other systems where you don't get your name of choice because someone ten years ago took it.

When you think about it it does make sense, it allows you to have whatever name you'd like but identify you by something that lets people know who you are. If you play whitera you can look online and see if the real whitera is user id 123 or not.

What didn't make sense was forcing you to choose a name with a period in it, even though it was mildly amusing it still kinda sucked you couldnt choose to have no identifier

Orangepeel said:
Just getting home, wait. Friend codes? Am I reading things right here, blizzard is making me use friend codes?

nah. its no worse than the identifiers of yore. I personally prefer a single name like orangepeel instead of orange.peel (shows as orange) anyway. it looks like it's just a random number between 1 and 999, maybe increments to 1000-1999 when "joe" or "bob" get used 1000 times or something.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Orangepeel said:
Just getting home, wait. Friend codes? Am I reading things right here, blizzard is making me use friend codes?
Its only 3 Digits, so to add me as friend you need my ID and my 3 digit code.

Funny seeing like 600k online but 0 games going

Zek

Contempt For Challenge
I am always having my name stolen so I for one am glad to be able to choose whatever account name I like.

Vaporak

ultron87 said:
Well the Medium AI is still pretty easy if you have any idea what you are doing.

They attack you a few times, but it is never enough to be serious. And it never expanded even though I left it alone for a good while. Hopefully Hard or whatever is above that is more of a challenge.

How'd you play against the AI? I can't start any type of game. :(

Anyone else see 2 games remaining for their placement matches?

:lol they took out frenzy already? I think they themselves don't even know what they want to do with zerg :/

I had always used orangepeal.gaf :p

Feep said:
When I hit the Create Game button, it grays out, and nothing happens.

Sad panda

My quick match screen finally loaded, but my 'find match' button is grayed out

Restarted client and now I can search for a match!
only 2 placement matches now.

Xamdou

Corran Horn said:
Achievements
Exploration
Guide 2

Bunch of stuff to get, all easy though

Real easy, thanks!

Multi-player servers still down... keep me updated GAF while I get something to eat in the meantime.

novice versions of maps? :x
There's destructible rocks that block all the bases in, thats kinda funny heh.

What? "While playing as zerg, warp in a zealot in a melee game" zerglot
so you need to infest a probe? sheesh.

fake edit, I get it, that spy unit thing the broodlord has nvms!

ultron87

Vaporak said:
How'd you play against the AI? I can't start any type of game. :(

Anyone else see 2 games remaining for their placement matches?

I logged in and out a few times and eventually it let me create a Custom Match game.

mcrae

Orangepeel said:

What? "While playing as zerg, warp in a zealot in a melee game" zerglot
so you need to infest a probe? sheesh.

fake edit, I get it, that spy unit thing the broodlord has nvms!

spy unit thing broodlord has? what?

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Orangepeel said:

novice maps been in for awhile now. Its fun to play that against friends and go air :lol

jsrv

When the retail game releases all the phase 2 beta character/account/achievement data also gets reset right, like with phase 1 right?

Top Bottom