• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

StarCraft 2 Beta |OT| (Beta Now Reopen, GL HF)

Mudkips

Banned
Son of Godzilla said:
Bnet is down because WoW servers are down. Welcome to the new shit.

Seriously? :lol :lol

I can't even change the name on my battlenet account.
I'll be making a new one I guess, and my name will be Fake ID.

Hate this forced social bullshit.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Son of Godzilla said:
IThere is a *lot* in SC2 that feels like it's included not because it was a good decision, but because anything else would feel too different from SC1.

Like what?

scoobs

Mr Cola said:
Also 4 gate all in maybe the hardest thing ive ever faced as zerg, i would love some peoples help on trying to beat it, currently if i scout the cyber and 2 gates i go into an expansion, sunk up and mass roach/lings and only once in the last 4 games have i come close to beating it (poor crawler placement let me down otherwise i would have got the pylon, no reinforcements and i had ov drop ready). Other than being slightly lucky what is the formula? Should i cut lings and focus on roach/hydra? Should i stick to 1 base?
I have the same problem, lost to this twice yesterday. I went mass roach into hydra and stood no chance. It never helps when you spawn right next to the damn guy.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
scoobs said:
I have the same problem, lost to this twice yesterday. I went mass roach into hydra and stood no chance. It never helps when you spawn right next to the damn guy.
Indeed, also teching up just isnt viable, mutas can delay the push, but generally speaking 1 base roach can be fended by gateway units, and by the time they are out in any significant numbers ive found most protoss will be prepared to deal with them. I know its beatable i just need a more robust build to maximisie army composition and defence. The good thing about the push is it is all in, you defend it, usually with an expansion, and its gg right there, the downside is obviously its usually very very powerful.

pedr0theli0n

Neo Member
spazzfish said:
? erm the economy part of the game is what sets it aside from all the other trash RTS that are on the market. It's a fundamental part of what makes this game great.
lol im pretty sure he was being sarcastic guys...

pedr0theli0n said:
lol im pretty sure he was being sarcastic guys...

it wasn't clear though if he was, a lot of people have this opinion believe it or not. I think it stems from auto resource gathering based on capture points like in DoW2 and maybe CoH.

I find it amazing that people prefer that system to resource gathering. It just makes too much more sense to gather resources to pay for things rather than control some area that magically makes you able to get that grunt sitting over there eating some cheese to come join the effing fight.

Son of Godzilla said:
But that doesn't mean I don't honestly get annoyed at having to set workers at gather at the start of every friggin match.

ctrl+left click on harvest unit, right click on minerals. whats so annoying about that?

MrCompletely said:
ctrl+left click on harvest unit, right click on minerals. whats so annoying about that?

it's not. It allows more choice so you can immediately scout if that's your thing. The two clicks it takes to accomplish this is so not worth bitching about because it's 2 out of 50 billion that will be made by the end of the match. If someone has a problem with those two clicks why are they playing such an an otherwise click heavy game?

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Ice Monkey said:
it's not. It allows more choice so you can immediately scout if that's your thing.

To be fair, if workers were automatically set to gather at the beginning of a match, it's not like you still couldn't immediately scout.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
id like it if they were instantly assigned to 6 patches from the start. i dislike having to be on the draw for when the loading bar is over.

Ashhong

you all sound lazy. this game is about timing and focus and whatnot. i like having to set the probes to gather, its almost a mini game with myself since i like to manually separate them as best as i can.

Xamdou

Bah my wins won't show up... maybe because of the new update?

If anybody wants to add me:
Character Name: Revan
Character Code: 111

eissan

trying to update sc2 to patch 16 and it gets stuck on this file:

sc2-0.16.0.15580-0.17.0.15623-x86-Win-enUS-locale

I've opened all ports, I've tried to download the files using a BT client and nothing.

it keeps getting stuck on this 8.6kb file :(.

can anyone help?

Ice Monkey said:
it's not. It allows more choice so you can immediately scout if that's your thing. The two clicks it takes to accomplish this is so not worth bitching about because it's 2 out of 50 billion that will be made by the end of the match. If someone has a problem with those two clicks why are they playing such an an otherwise click heavy game?

The problem I have with it is that since I play random I have to click ASD really quickly to start a unit, then move my workers, and sometimes ASD doesn't work so it kinda screws me up

zoukka

-COOLIO- said:
man tvt is soooo boring. im starting dislike like a 3rd of my games because of this :[

Thanks to the masses of suckas who play Terran. I want other opponents goddamnit!

Xamdou said:
Looks like Blizzard are big Uchiha fans, 1 of the toughest to get decals is similar to Kakashi's Mangekyō Sharingan.

Or it's just a coincidence.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Still getting freezing/crashing issues on my Win7 x64 system. Hopefully this shit gets ironed out before the retail date.

zoukka

Yeaaah all the Terran (and protoss) nerfs got pulled out... yet the zerg nerfs stayed :lol

ZvT is the most unbalanced shit right now.

F#A#Oo

Banned
zoukka said:
Yeaaah all the Terran (and protoss) nerfs got pulled out... yet the zerg nerfs stayed :lol

ZvT is the most unbalanced shit right now.

I have noticed Blizzard just doesn't buff Zerg unless they also nerf Zerg somewhere else...

When ever there is a buff...there is a nerf somewhere...and in most cases the nerf is not worth the buff elsewhere.

Also whilst Terran and Protoss get "build time" and "cost" decreases every one or two patches, Zerg have kept all original "build times" and there has been only been only 1 not 2, 3 or 4 but 1 cost decreasing change in all 17 patches for Zerg and that is Spore Crawler from 100 to 75 minerals. There has been no other build time decrease. This didn't come without increased root time from 6 to 12 seconds though. :lol

Terran and Protoss have had no many build time and cost decreases I'm no longer surprised when I see the changes announced.

I'm also pretty certain every single Zerg unit has been nerfed from what it was from patch 1 onwards...not a single zerg unit has come out better then it was prior. Whilst I look at Terran and Protoss and I can actually see some units have been improved dramtically. Thors, Tanks, Banshee, Stalker, Photon Cannons, Void-Ray, Hellion, Archon, Phoenix are all better off now then when we first got into beta. Zerg has not a single unit that has survived being made much worse off.

zoukka

Zerg is not "bad" or anything, but at this moment, needs probably the most effort to control successfully. Fast expanding is zerg's biggest edge against toss and terran, and at the moment it's pretty hard. The zealot warp-in, bunker/barracks build time increase helped this out, but now we are back to the dark days.

I'm not abandoning zerg, but damn it's tough to win in 1v1. Unless you play 1-base roach or something which gets stale pretty fast.

ZealousD said:
Infestor
Overseer
Baneling

Neural parasite got nerfed to infinity. It's still useless, but so much harder to use.
Baneling morph cancel got more expensive.

F#A#Oo

Banned
ZealousD said:
Infestor
Overseer
Baneling

Infestor? :lol

HP; Decreased
Fungal Growth damage; Decreased
Neural Parasite was made an upgrade and energy cost increased.

Banelings do less damage to light then they use to...which goes back to what I said they buff and nerf...and if you cancel them you re-coup less.

Overseer is the unit that Blizzard has used to give throw away casting spells because they have noi idea what purpose they have other then giving vision...:lol

My favorite part of all the zerg reaming is a D9D a couple days ago where he totally marked out over an infestor getting fungal off on a pack of grounded vikings with lings running in nearby.

Only for the vikings to just lift off covered in goop and chill out for 2-3 seconds before flying away.

Top Bottom