• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

StarCraft 2 Beta |OT| (Beta Now Reopen, GL HF)

Blizzard

Banned
I'm going to try to jump into a game if I can get in communication with someone.

About hacks, can any mod chime in here? If the single-player beta is cracked and people start using it, is that illegal? Is it bannable to discuss it here?

Proelite

The_Inquisitor said:
Is there any way to get a key if you haven't been accepted to beta? I am dying here to try it out.

Otherwise some of the youtube replays are awesome.

you could watch replays without a beta key, you just to have to replace two folders. Very easy. Google it.

Ashhong

claviertekky said:
I'm fine with Starcraft with bots. Just happens that most people who just care about computer AI are the ones who cheated through campaign/skirmish and played it with the attitude lolololol massive army of bcs/carriers.

Nobody is defending Starcraft bots, but you commented that a single player only crack is useless because it should only be played with humans. most people dont care at this point if its a bot or a human as long as they can try out the game.

Proelite

Watching the replay, I think it would be perfect if the FOV was pulled out by 25%. As of now, it seems a bit close, especially when the ground textures are not especially highly detailed.

In addition, Ashhong has a nice php script for his avatar. :D

Proelite said:
any replay files where I can see the Thor and Mothership in action?

lol I got a replay just for you if you want it, I basically create as many units as I can and use the mothership in various ways to screw up the groups of units. basically just using black hole over and over, but its not like its a competitive match or anything.

Blizzard

Banned
Check the online forum. We have a thread there now. We were in the GAF channel, US east. At one point we had 9-10 people in the channel, and 1-2 games going.

Zzoram

Proelite said:
Watching the replay, I think it would be perfect if the FOV was pulled out by 25%. As of now, it seems a bit close, especially when the ground textures are not especially highly detailed.

In addition, Ashhong has a nice php script for his avatar. :D

The closeness of the camera is part of what makes the game feel intense. You can see the action in more detail. The minimap tells you anything you need to know beyond your current screen.

So once the game comes out, will accounts be allowed to have multiple characters? Like with WoW. My brother plays SC, so if we have to share accounts that's fine as long as we get our own character/records/etc

Sloegr

PhoenixDark said:
So once the game comes out, will accounts be allowed to have multiple characters? Like with WoW. My brother plays SC, so if we have to share accounts that's fine as long as we get our own character/records/etc

AFAIK, you'll each need to buy a copy of the game to have your own 'character.'

zguL

ElJuice said:
AFAIK, you'll each need to buy a copy of the game to have your own 'character.'
Actually, I think you can play with different character names, but your friendlists will be the same (and account of course)

TheExodu5

Banned
PhoenixDark said:

Nope. Everything will be tied in to your game/account. Thank god.

zguL

nick1.nick2
+
email@email.com

nick1 = character name (can exist many different nicks)
nick2 = global starcraft name
email = global battle net name

Is this correct?

Edit: nevermind, now I remember. Nick2 has to be unique, whereas nick1 does not. Only one character per account.

jsrv

zguL said:
nick1.nick2
+
email@email.com

nick1 = character name (can exist many different nicks)
nick2 = global starcraft name
email = global battle net name

Is this correct?

Edit: nevermind, now I remember. Nick2 has to be unique, whereas nick1 does not. Only one character per account.

Does that mean you can't change the e-mail associated with your account?

NeoUltima

GGs...I may not have won I paper, but I won in your hearts.

edit: o ic there is dedicated thread now eh? :)
edit2: did i really type "won I paper"...I meant won "on"

Cohsae

CcrooK said:
Dumbest shit I've ever seen. Don't fuck up SC2 Blizz with WoW bullshit please.
You realise that in SC1 you could click on units for the sole purpose of making them say stupid shit right?
But no, this inconsequential feature that is somewhat related to WoW totally means that Blizzard is fucking up SC2.
Face
Palm

commissar

hahahaha marine spammed a guy about 30 mins into a 1v1 with about 150 marines and won.
makes it a nice change from me losing all the time

zoukka

Tisan said:
Sounds good to me. Easter Eggs for people who have played their other games.

You can always not /flirt or /dance you know ;)

Yah but the defeat is unbearable with the opponent dancing on your grave rite :b

I wonder if all races have dancing units... GET TO IT!

commissar

zoukka said:
Yah but the defeat is unbearable with the opponent dancing on your grave rite :b
Can't happen right now, as once an opponent is defeated there's no opportunity for additional chat, so you can't make em dance. I imagine this horrendous oversight will be fixed ;)

Top Bottom