• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

StarCraft 2 Beta |OT| (Beta Now Reopen, GL HF)

Milabrega said:
List of NeoGafer's I am Jealous of:

Poserdonut
Traveler
KaYotiX
Turtlesnatcher
oompa
BlueScrote
ThatGuy
Doc Holliday
Stop It
Saerk
Fugu
JSnake
Tisan
JonAmikar
Pai Pai Master
Campster
Gribbix
Belfast
EDarkness
Draft
Big Papa Husker
aznpxdd
FatalT
8bitgeorge
kingslunk
Malfunky
syoaran
Belfast
Turtlesnatcher X2!!!!
SteveO409
Spire
taoofjord
sprsk
Ice Monkey
paskowitz
Vitet
DemiMatt
Jobias
Entropia

Could EVERYONE on this list add me in sc2 beta? I'm EggsandBacon.tyrone.

LowParry

autobzooty said:
What's the deal with the legality behind getting a cracked beta for replays and (eventually) AI matches? I'm interested in doing this, but I don't wanna get banned from battle.net and I don't wanna do it if it's illegal...

Well. Has there been anything said from Blizz other than, "if you get caught, you're fubar!"?

autobzooty said:
What's the deal with the legality behind getting a cracked beta for replays and (eventually) AI matches? I'm interested in doing this, but I don't wanna get banned from battle.net and I don't wanna do it if it's illegal...

prolly nothing involving legality, prolly won't get banned by battle.net since blizzard will never know, but on neogaf I'm assuming since it's full of developers and lovers of developers as well-known and established as blizzard, everyone wants to play by their rules so thats why I think discussion of how to do it or setting up non-bnet matches isnt allowed.

TheExodu5

Banned
autobzooty said:

It's not illegal and they shouldn't find out about it. Still, I wouldn't discuss how to do it on here. That's not the kind of attention you want to attract to NeoGAF.

CcrooK said:
Well. Has there been anything said from Blizz other than, "if you get caught, you're fubar!"?

have they even said that?

it seems to me that the main purpose of this beta is for stress testing, and as long as we still can't get on battle.net, I'm not sure blizzard really cares if people hack it for replays and AI battles.

Or maybe i'm just trying to rationalize it to myself :lol

I'm just happy the beta is actually happening.

As long as Blizzard is getting their data and the game is moving closer to completion, I am a happy guy.

LowParry

autobzooty said:
have they even said that?

it seems to me that the main purpose of this beta is for stress testing, and as long as we still can't get on battle.net, I'm not sure blizzard really cares if people hack it for replays and AI battles.

Or maybe i'm just trying to rationalize it to myself :lol

Some dude back a few dozen pages back however from what I've seen, it doesn't even connect to battle.net. Is it safe? I wouldn't assume it as a sure thing. Trial and risk is all it is. Or just sit back and pray you get in on the next wave. Or have friends who are in on it. Or some fellow GAFers will let us poor peons in on it later when they're done? -hint hint-

The Lamonster said:
I'm just happy the beta is actually happening.

As long as Blizzard is getting their data and the game is moving closer to completion, I am a happy guy.

i cant wait for achievements. They have achievements for multiplayer, single player, and even playing skirmish maps! HEAVEN

Tworak

open the .sc2replay files using starcraft2.exe. no need to crack or break any rules.

hopefully this isn't against the forum rules, though I wouldn't think it is.

yanhero

Tworak said:
open the .sc2replay files using starcraft2.exe. no need to crack or break any rules.

hopefully this isn't against the forum rules, though I wouldn't think it is.

No, you do need to crack it just to watch replays.

hobart

What am I doing? Why am I torturing myself watching SC2 replays over youtube. I need to seek help. My frothing demand....... nooooo.

yanhero said:
No, you do need to crack it just to watch replays.
no you don't.

all you need are the maps, then download a replay

drag and drop that replay on "Starcraft II.exe"

then cry because you don't have beta yet.

Door2Dawn

Banned
theMrCravens said:
no you don't.

all you need are the maps, then download a replay

drag and drop that replay on "Starcraft II.exe"

then cry because you don't have beta yet.
You can't get the maps without a beta account.

the crack is only half of the sketchiness...

acquiring starcraft2.exe is what bothers me most.

Door2Dawn said:

undoubtedly they've been uploaded somewhere. adding to the sketchiness of the whole thing :lol

autobzooty said:
the link to the blizzard torrent is everywhere.
Door2Dawn said:
again, everywhere on the net. they're pretty easy to find.

The point is you don't need a crack/hack to watch replays.

theMrCravens said:
the link to the blizzard torrent is everywhere.

again, everywhere on the net. they're pretty easy to find.

The point is you don't need a crack/hack to watch replays.

blizzard put out an official torrent? i thought it was only a download available on your battle.net account if you got into the beta.

HMM

KnightM7

Banned
Easy enough for me. Ran the installer, copied and pasted a few things. btw I didnt download the beta and then the crack, I got one that was already cracked.

But yeah I got an Ati 4850, Windows 7, and Phenom II 3.0ghz running at 1080p.
I can get everything to Ultra with a pretty good framerate(almost zero lag between the mouse pointer and unit selection box) except for reflections and terrain detail. Terrain detail maybe the 4850 aint up for the task but reflections is supposed to be CPU intensive right? the beta doesnt work so well with AMD maybe?

autobzooty said:
blizzard put out an official torrent? i thought it was only a download available on your battle.net account if you got into the beta.

HMM

yup, just like the sc and war3 torrents that dl the game from other people.

very easy to get the official files, you can even take the exe they give you and extract the torrent from within. no keys or cracks necessary to download and use the installer.

gillty

Banned
autobzooty said:
the crack is only half of the sketchiness...
undoubtedly they've been uploaded somewhere. adding to the sketchiness of the whole thing :lol
its on fucking fileshack:lol

BLAH BLAH BLAH
stop fucking whining if you're not willing to take to the non-existent risk of cracking the beta to play replays, some of you acting like its the same thing as committing murder :lol :lol

Valru said:
its on fucking fileshack:lol

BLAH BLAH BLAH
stop fucking whining if you're not willing to take to the non-existent risk of cracking the beta to play replays, some of you acting like its the same thing as committing murder :lol :lol

just trying to be a good person :|

but yeah, it seems like it's probably okay....

wow once you get used to zerg.....

roach rushes are impossible to defeat unless you're pro and see them coming.

This guy rushed me with two zealots that I beat with like 4-6 lings, made maybe 4 more lings and a roach and killed his next 3 zealots. then I came back with about 10 roaches and 10 lings 2 min later. unstoppable!

I just KNOW that they're gonna nerf the queen next patch, either that or just nerf roaches, this shit is crazy

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
incase anyone missed it, we now have a starcraft 1 matchup thread here:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=388275

so there's no need to lurk this thread looking for games anymore, we're also trying to get some games together right now, so visit the thread and join us on battle.net!

thanks to all the starcraft 2 lucky bastards players who put up with us in the thread. :p

Blizzard

Banned
Kagami said:
There's some kind of bug in Win 7's DrectDraw that causes problems with old games like Starcraft and Age Empires, including locking up the computer and forcing you to reboot. (Technically, it only locks the video and interface, so you might be able to recover with a remote login of some kind.)

Incompatibility is one thing, but locking the system up is something MS needs to fix.

Anyway, I've been running Starcraft inside VMware Workstation in XP.
Wow, that must have been what happened to me yesterday. No hotkey combination would get me out of it, and even num-lock and capslock didn't work, yet I think my hard disk was still sometimes blinking and music was playing. Made me very sad since I was getting to the middle of a game.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
typically, based on previous betas from Blizzard, how long will this beta run for? and how long after the beta ends do people speculate the game will come out?

LowParry

Scrow said:
typically, based on previous betas from Blizzard, how long will this beta run for? and how long after the beta ends do people speculate the game will come out?

3 - 4 month period time. War3 did the same with a close to 4 month beta time till it was released. So that July window looks possible.

Gribbix

Scrow said:
Dustin Browder said that they were aiming for a 4-6 month long beta. However, that was said back in June when Blizzard was still targeting a 2009 release for SC2.

Tremis

This man does his research.
darkressurection said:
Hey, whatever happened to Caspel? He said that he had some beta keys and was going to give them away, did anything come of that?

never got a PM back about it. I'm guessing he still may be waiting on keys.

Top Bottom