• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

StarCraft 2 Beta |OT| (Beta Now Reopen, GL HF)

Wedge7

TheExodu5 said:
Ice Monkey says they're coming in...only time will tell if he's lying or not! I'm hoping not!

How would he know? Not being an ass, but seriously. Something of that nature would be all over the big SC sites in moments.

Campster

Do you like my tight white sweater? STOP STARING
TheExodu5 said:
Ice Monkey says they're coming in...only time will tell if he's lying or not! I'm hoping not!

How are you patching it? Game says B.net is down.

When I went to launch the game the auto-updater kicked in and downloaded the patch. I didn't even get to the B.net login screen, so I don't think you need to log in to download the patch.

Also, that Feedback ability on the High Templar sounds potentially really strong.

I'm just sad they didn't nerf the Nydus Worms, because goddamn that's a powerful strategy.

raphier

Banned
TheExodu5 said:

How are you patching it? Game says B.net is down.
The Patch is real. The notes are real.

Beta Forums

If Beta users are any indication, then Patch is also up and running.

Campster

Do you like my tight white sweater? STOP STARING
Ice Monkey said:
holy shit! REAPER BUFFS?! what the hell have i been playing that reapers are buffed?!?!?!

It's barely a buff - from 16 damage/sec to 16.6666.... damage/sec.

raphier

Banned
Ice Monkey said:
holy shit! REAPER BUFFS?! what the hell have i been playing that reapers are buffed?!?!?!
Apparently you missed the trick then :D From what've seen 5-7 reapers are enough to destroy anything in 1-2 hits. The nexus, Hatchery or Command Center says bye-bye.

JWong said:
Can some random person pm me a key too? 8)
Not to mention me? 8)

TheExodu5

Banned
People are saying the patch is up for download but that B.net is down. Is there a patch utility I can't find?

BlizzardDownloader.exe in the Support folder says there's nothing to download.

Insaniac

Ice Monkey said:

not really buffed, decreased damage but lowered cooldown, not sure how thats gonna play out.

TheExodu5

Banned
SafetyFirst said:
The utility to download the patch automatically opened when I launched SCII.

Hmmm mine isn't. Could be the US servers? The "breaking news" bit says that US servers are experiencing difficulties.

LowParry

TheExodu5 said:
Hmmm mine isn't. Could be the US servers? The "breaking news" bit says that US servers are experiencing difficulties.

Well, can't be a large influx of downloads since there aren't millions trying to get it. I'd just keep trying every 5 minutes or so.

TheExodu5

Banned
Vitet said:
I see a "Extreme" option under Shaders in the options...

Doesn't do anything from what I can tell. Took some screens comparing visuals/performance. No change. The option is also undocumented in the settings pop-up.

Anyways, hopefully I can help bring the performance issues to Blizzards attention now that I'm in the beta (though I'm assuming other people must be on this as well). I'll try running some more tests and getting some stuff documented if I can.

im very disappointed though, they did nothing about unstoppable mothership/carrier endgame.

im happy though because now zerg have a proper dark archon with arguably the same limitation on SCV building as before.

'm sorry :-(. I just cranked out another 30 messages to people. Here's a deal I'll give people here on GAF since I love the board so much -- if you state your GAF name in the e-mail, I'll give you a 2nd entry in the contest. So two is better than one, right? :).

Thanks for the contest.

I just sent my email over.

TheExodu5

Banned
Well I'm redownloading using the official Blizzard downloader now, just in case that's the issue. My previous install was using the FilePlay installer.

I have to go to a friends place and do some homework at the moment. I'll be thinking of SC2 the entire time. God how am I going to sleep tonight.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
i think my isp is going to ban me from checking my email soon - probably will end up hitting my bandwidth cap too ;) agghhh i want an invite :<

aznpxdd

Campster said:
When I went to launch the game the auto-updater kicked in and downloaded the patch. I didn't even get to the B.net login screen, so I don't think you need to log in to download the patch.

Also, that Feedback ability on the High Templar sounds potentially really strong.

I'm just sad they didn't nerf the Nydus Worms, because goddamn that's a powerful strategy.

It is. Dark Archon had the same ability in SC/BW and it was a casting unit killer.

TheExodu5 said:
Well I'm redownloading using the official Blizzard downloader now, just in case that's the issue. My previous install was using the FilePlay installer.

I have to go to a friends place and do some homework at the moment. I'll be thinking of SC2 the entire time. God how am I going to sleep tonight.

bnet is down. maybe just us tho, its normal

TheExodu5

Banned
DopeyFish said:
i think my isp is going to ban me from checking my email soon - probably will end up hitting my bandwidth cap too ;) agghhh i want an invite :<

Hah I know what you mean. The funny thing is that while that GMail progress bar loaded, in that 2 second timespan, I would fantasize about getting the Beta email and imagine it was there. Then it's just like a knife through your heart when the page fully loads. :lol

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
why don't they call the mothership ... the super arbiter?

it's not really much different now :x except being huge and having a lot more HP

Tremis

This man does his research.
Lol, they made mothership into an arbiter, that's interesting, but the ability to teleport between nexuses (nexi?) would have been cool to still keep.

I only wish I could try out a mothership..... BETA KEEEEEEEYY pleassssse.....

yes, i am a beggar.

Cohsae

How did people get multiple keys to give away? I didn't think there were any websites that were handing them out.
Oh well back to checking my email account every hour or so. I need help...

eosos

Banned
Yeah, I know this has been said a million times and I have no chance at getting one but...... Can I have a random key? :D

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
TheExodu5 said:
Can't use numbers in the character/id name. :(

Is this decision permanent? Can I change character or ID later?
I read people that were unhappy because both names were shown so probably perma for now.

Shanadeus

Banned
Freakinchair said:
Signed up for the contest, here's to hoping my luck will change.

Also, I had no idea they were bringing in new units. I was sad when I saw goliaths were taken out (thought the Thor replaced them) but now that they're apparently coming back I'm pretty ecstatic.
what contest is this?

I recently updated my battle.net information with my new PC specs in the hopes that Blizzard will be merciful and bless this poor soul with a beta key.

I had participated in the Red Alert 3 beta since day one. I'm one of the reasons they had to nerf the cryocopter...twice.

But that was what, a summer or two ago? It's been awhile since my last RTS beta.

Top Bottom