• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

StarCraft 2 Beta |OT| (Beta Now Reopen, GL HF)

chris-013

ZealousD said:
So I'm finding that pathfinding is a huge resource hog on my laptop. I can have everything on the lowest settings and still if I'm moving about a force of any real size my computer dips down dramatically. A 400 zergling force brought me down to single digit FPS. Any UMS map like Evolves would be basically unplayable.

Currently have an Intel Core 2 Duo P8400 @ 2.26GHz. Is my CPU really that bad? I mean I've tweaked Crysis to run between Medium and High and yet Starcraft 2 is bringing my laptop to its knees.

Strange I have the same configuration on my laptop and I can run the game with full details without problem.
Maybe it's Vista ? Try to upgrade to Seven.

ZealousD said:
Man this is so frustrating! I never get into Blizzard betas. Wasn't invited to WCIII. Wasn't invited to Frozen Throne. Wasn't invited to WoW. Wasn't invited to WoW:BC. And time is running out for a SC2 invite. =(

I think I've applied to all of their public betas since Starcraft's, and haven't gotten in to any... very frustrating.

(Well, not the WoW expansion betas, because I wasn't playing the game, but SC, WCIII, TFT, WoW... no luck with any of them.)

I wanted to get in to the Starcraft beta so much... :(

Still seeing a bit of mutalisk builds in TvZ. If you are going to do that as a Zerg you better hope that the Terran overextended himself because you can't mass them nearly as much as the builds let you in SC1.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Milabrega said:
I'm noticing a trend here guys, we'll have to see if NeoUltima, Zzoram, Blizzard, Orange_Peal and Terproerg got in this wave or not to confirm my theory, but I don't want to say it out loud until I know for sure.
All Starcraft 1 games are canceled until Wave 4!! Its the only way to be sure
Only 1 SC fan allowed in per wave obviously.

That means if I eliminate my competition...

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
Electrochemistry said:
Just got in! Didn't get an email but it was on my bnet account. I just opted in a few days ago too. :D
wow, same here!

checked my battle.net account page and saw it right there!

mint said:
Yes let's play mint is my name.
mint and I just had an epic 2v2.

We actually did a 1v1 first.. I was worried early when you rushed with Helions and Marines but managed to push back with Roaches then Nydus wormed into your base. Mint lived but I was able to pretty much end it with mutalisks as he went mainly Mauraders.

We then did some 2v2's. We destroyed the first team we went against. I had kept up Reaper pressure on their minerals early on and then Mint massed up a nice group of Marines and Mauraders and we raped.

Then the next team rushed us hard. They had roaches and a good number of zealots out fast. We couldn't keep up and by the time we could push they were already teching up too Colossus :(

Last game was great. I'm actually going to see if I can upload the replay for it.

It was a 2v2 vs a Terran and Toss. I decide to tech up that game and the toss was doing a weak rush on me with a few zealots that I was holding back but had to move probes around. Meanwhile Minty was being harassed by a heavy amount of marines and mauraders. I came in to help a few times but to no avail. After 2-3 more hits we couldn't keep his Command Center. Minty though lifted off and was able to rebuild as they began to go for me.

The toss ended up getting Void Rays and I was too.. but he took out my Nexus and I had to rebuild at an expansion. I was not mining for at least 3-5 mins. I somehow was able to hold back the Terran with whatever Zealots and Immortals I had and made a Nexus at my natural. I held off like 4-5 more attacks and took my void rays in and took out most of the Protoss base. He rebuilt though and I still managed to hold off their attacks and take out the toss Nexus again. I then went for the Terran and took out his CC only to find the "Will be Revealed" comment show up.. He never expanded and I somehow was able to win a 2v1 for Mint and I :D

I'll get that replay up maybe tomorrow or this weekend.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
scurrminator said:
I got one....and dont have anything to play it on lol.
i have something to play it on!

i propose a trade, your super lame and useless key for this awesome selection granola wrapper.

Minsc

Gold Member
So last reported the active users were at around 2,000... how high has it gone up with this new wave of keys? I'll feel a little better if it's only about 1,000 additional keys or so, as opposed to 10,000+

Minsc said:
So last reported the active users were at around 2,000... how high has it gone up with this new wave of keys? I'll feel a little better if it's only about 1,000 additional keys or so, as opposed to 10,000+

I logged in an hour ago and there were 1,000 more users and nearly twice as many games over the same time yesterday. I'd expect the peak online players to hit 4K on the US server tonight.

Won

scurrminator said:
If my friend doesn't want it someone here can have it i guess if i'm allowed to

As long you pack it in a contest in which I easily win, sure!

Isn't it tied to your account though?

scurrminator said:
I don't have an account, i just had an email this morning saying i had an invite...
I think all ATVI people got them

If you end up giving it away to someone here, I wouldn't mind having a ticket in the drawing :p

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Fragamemnon said:
I logged in an hour ago and there were 1,000 more users and nearly twice as many games over the same time yesterday. I'd expect the peak online players to hit 4K on the US server tonight.
This is what I expected from the amount of people who got keys at GAF.

Just gotta get in now. Hopefully new patch tomorrow with enough keys for me to get in! :D
raphier said:
Bros before hoes, dude (Junior member) :D
I think scurr actually works for a gaming company though :p

Is there a way to get the beta client without the Blizzard Downloader? It lost connection two times already and I have to restart it :( I'd like to use a download manager instead.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
raphier said:
Well, I am about to step into the industry next year :p
Well congrats.
Guess that means you can pass up on the beta key to us stupid members who do nothing but post about games right?

raphier

Banned
Hazaro said:
Well congrats.
Guess that means you can pass up on the beta key to us stupid members who do nothing but post about games right?
Wow, tha sounded like a threat. :lol It's not like I have the biggest chance to get the key, dude relax.

Dynoro

Caesar III said:
Is there a way to get the beta client without the Blizzard Downloader? It lost connection two times already and I have to restart it :( I'd like to use a download manager instead.
BigDownload have it up I think - YEP

Top Bottom