• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

StarCraft 2 Beta |OT| (Beta Now Reopen, GL HF)

mcrae

momolicious said:
uh, its not random, Theres specific specs they look for for each wave. I have a feeling if you have a popular card like 8800GT you wont get in early waves

i have that card :(

i also have the most popular i5 cpu :(

i hate my life :(

celebi23

RPGCrazied said:
OMG!!

omg-1.jpg

I noticed the Apple logo. Is the Mac client available, or is the logo grayed out?

aznpxdd said:
Do they really base it on specs? I think my components are quite common:

HD4870 1GB and E8400.

Yes on Battlenet , mod said of course they do otherwise they wouldnt have asked for your information and specs to opt in

celebi23 said:
I noticed the Apple logo. Is the Mac client available, or is the logo grayed out?
It's grayed out for me... but I'm on a PC so it may just do that.

As far as I was aware though the beta is PC only for the first stage or two.

Chris R

infinityBCRT said:
I should mention that it seems that there was no email this wave. It just appeared in my account. Make sure you guys check on the website to see if you got in.
Still nothing here :( Oh well.

fatty

oxrock said:
I know man, I know. We need a beta rejects support group. I share your pain.

I hear ya, guys. Every time I see someone post that they are in, I check my Battle.net account again (even though I've checked it multiple times already that day), but there are only my other Blizzard titles staring at me and mocking.

tadcalabash

Neo Member
fatty said:
I hear ya, guys. Every time I see someone post that they are in, I check my Battle.net account again (even though I've checked it multiple times already that day), but there are only my other Blizzard titles staring at me and mocking.

That Diablo II cover looks so smug

250px-Diablo_II_Coverart.png

It's like he's saying "Ha, thought you'd see a SC2 beta invite here didn't ya? Keep checkin loser!"

I just changed my specs to the worst computer I could find in the house..... An old laptop from years ago:

# Operating system:Windows 2.5.1.2600 (SP 2)
# CPU type: Intel(R) Pentium(R) M processor 1.60GHz
# CPU Speed (GHz):1.616
# System memory (GB):0.499
# Graphics card model:ATI MOBILITY RADEON X300
# Graphics card driver:ati2dvag.dll
# Desktop resolution:1280x800
# Hard disk size (GB):27.937
# Hard disk free space (GB):14.286

Now I wait until the next wave to see if my theory is correct :D

mint

Banned
Wait why is theexodu5 crossed out? And we shouldn't play yet cuz they are putting an update which requires us to log out soon.

Milabrega

Exodu5 is crossed out because he got perma'd I believe. I'm ready to play once the servers come back up. Did my 5-0 practice matches and I thought those were the ones that had you placed, good thing it isn't and I've still got to do 10 more, cause I was worried I'd be placed in Platinum. Any idea on how long it'll be?

mint

Banned
Milabrega said:
Exodu5 is crossed out because he got perma'd I believe. I'm ready to play once the servers come back up. Did my 5-0 practice matches and I thought those were the ones that had you placed, good thing it isn't and I've still got to do 10 more, cause I was worried I'd be placed in Platinum. Any idea on how long it'll be?
permabanned? For what?? O_O I used to play with him in HoN.

BTW my bnet is mint.mint

Every time they shut down the server it's fucking horrible. They announce the timer, and then of course even though we're clearly winning, the other guys just start building a million stupid buildings all over the map to run out the clock. This has happened both times we've been mid-match during server shutdown. They should start that actual in-game timer WAY in advance. It's really difficult to suddenly eradicate every single unit and structure the enemy has, when the game isn't set up to play that way.

Milabrega

Dunno if its perma which is why he's crossed out not removed. He admitted to openly trolling FF13 in some thread. Mint/Bistromathics what're your Beta I.D.'s so I can add ya to the list/once servers are up. I'm Milabrega.Mila, already added you pai pai and aznpxdd

fallout

Chris Remo said:
Every time they shut down the server it's fucking horrible. They announce the timer, and then of course even though we're clearly winning, the other guys just start building a million stupid buildings all over the map to run out the clock. This has happened both times we've been mid-match during server shutdown. They should start that actual in-game timer WAY in advance. It's really difficult to suddenly eradicate every single unit and structure the enemy has, when the game isn't set up to play that way.
... space assholes?

anyone know if the update has been applied that they seem to mention before you log in? SOUNDS LIKE 3v3 and 4v4!!!

oh and all you new guys please add me, eggsandbacon.tyrone. always up for a game!

sad about exodu5 i liked that guy

Milabrega said:
Dunno if its perma which is why he's crossed out not removed. He admitted to openly trolling FF13 in some thread. Mint/Bistromathics what're your Beta I.D.'s so I can add ya to the list/once servers are up. I'm Milabrega.Mila, already added you pai pai and aznpxdd

if you added azn then you are US

satori

Forgot to mention my bnet info.

Satori.Wind

I am playing way too much SC2. Just when I was working on my huge backlogs of games to get ready for FF13, RoF, and GoW3...Ah what the hell am I saying...I am not playing enough! Any one wants to play, send me an invite :p

aznpxdd

Ice Monkey said:
anyone know if the update has been applied that they seem to mention before you log in? SOUNDS LIKE 3v3 and 4v4!!!

oh and all you new guys please add me, eggsandbacon.tyrone. always up for a game!

sad about exodu5 i liked that guy

WAT WAT?

aznpxdd said:

I unfortunately do this alot, but im just hoping against hope. It would just seem to follow by going so far as to announce the patch like this that it could be a big'un. would also make sense considering the massive amount of newcomers.

that said 3v3 and 4v4 CONFIRMED!

/lies

satori

Milabrega said:

You do 5 practice, then you do the 10 match for placement. Dont worry about getting in Platinum. I just lost one match and got shot down to Gold lol.

mint said:
permabanned? For what?? O_O I used to play with him in HoN.

BTW my bnet is mint.mint

Milabrega said:

TheExodu5 is only banned for a month, I wouldn't cross him out of the GAF players list. Sarcasm is hard to read through the internets sometimes :lol

Anyone know how many users were on during prime time? I'm curious to see how the number has grown since the last wave.

satori

As a Terran player....I am loving these changes. Come on Blizzard keep the streak going! past few patches had some goodies for my Ts lol. Maybe I can go finish Heavy Rain before server goes back up. >.>

aznpxdd

StarCraft II Beta - Patch 4 (version 0.6.0.B14259B)

General

* Korea

o Added support to display the game rating information on the F10 in-game menu within the beta.

You gotta be shitting me.

I just fraps'd a match with me and mint (from gaf) that we had last night. Ill try to get it on youtube this weekend.. Added my commentary and you can actually hear me this time :D

SuperAndroid17 said:
UGH

I feel like a kid left out :(

How can you feel left out? The majority of people who opted in havent gotten the key its only the few that got the key that posted in this thread saying they got it but in reality they are the few lol.

BTW, did anyone who got in beta have a 8800GT video card?

Ashhong

can people who got in post their specs according to bnet?

i have a E7400, 8gb DDR2 RAM, and 512mb 4870...the only thing unique is my unnecessary amount of ram :lol

satori

momolicious said:
I installed the beta on a few of my machines, and one of them has a 8800GT. The game runs fine, hell the game runs fine on my friend's pc and he is running at 7000 series hehe.

J-Rod

Ashhong said:

i have a E7400, 8gb DDR2 RAM, and 512mb 4870...the only thing unique is my unnecessary amount of ram :lol

OoOOoOOooo, I got in.

My System Specifications:

* Operating system:Windows 2.6.1.7600 ()
* CPU type:Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz
* CPU Speed (GHz):2.696
* System memory (GB):5.998
* Graphics card model:ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series
* Graphics card driver:atiumdag.dll
* Desktop resolution:2048x1152
* Hard disk size (GB):596.17
* Hard disk free space (GB):303.621

Ashhong said:

Athlon 64 X2 6000+
2GB RAM
1GB Radeon 5670

momolicious said:
I'm on an 8800GT and the game runs perfect on High settings, I haven't tried bumping anything to Ultra though.

That being said, I'm having a terrible glitch with the game. All of a sudden, randomly, my computer will freeze while playing and green artifacts will appear all over my monitor then I lose video signal... I have to manually reset my PC to get back into Windows. I don't know what's causing it, BFBC2 works perfectly fine so I doubt my GPU is dying.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Houston3000 said:
That being said, I'm having a terrible glitch with the game. All of a sudden, randomly, my computer will freeze while playing and green artifacts will appear all over my monitor then I lose video signal... I have to manually reset my PC to get back into Windows. I don't know what's causing it, BFBC2 works perfectly fine so I doubt my GPU is dying.
i had exactly the same problem last night while watching a replay. though i think the artifacts were red for me.

btw, updated OP to warn people about the GPU overheat issues on nvidia cards.

Top Bottom