• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Exodus, did you play Totalbiscuit?

BigAT

matthewd49 said:
damn, that sucks! hopefully it's one of those things they add in later like they did with chat channels.
Don't count on it, unfortunately. I feel like it's far too late for it to get patched in, given they haven't even said they have plans on adding it. Maybe when Heart of the Swarm comes out.

Won

BigAT said:
Don't count on it, unfortunately. I feel like it's far too late for it to get patched in, given they haven't even said they have plans on adding it. Maybe when Heart of the Swarm comes out.

I'm pretty sure they said it's coming at one point, but Blizzard says a lot of things these days.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
BigAT said:
Hmm, I thought they did say something about watching replays together?

BigAT

Did they? I definitely could be wrong but I haven't really heard them say anything concrete lately about adding that feature. Regardless, I don't feel especially confident about them actually putting it in, but I'm pretty cynical.

V_Arnold said:
I do not care about that feature at all.
It might improve the replay casting synch situation, but that is their case to push.

It could help a lot when you don't quite know what you did wrong or how to counter something. Get a friend in there to see his perspective. A useful tool for coaching.

Or after you had a great game you can invite friends in to laugh at your opponent and cheer yourself/friend.

a176

Banned
matthewd49 said:
so um i got this game after having played broodwar for many years and after having played the beta last summer and was wondering... can you watch replays with your party? it was always fun in broodwar to go back and watch old replays with people you knew for a while or watch a game that you just played together and talk about it, but i don't know if that's possible here. if so, that's pretty lame.

two-thousand and ten

Guesong

mescalineeyes said:
well I do feel we are sort-of due for 1.4 by now.

But what would they change? What could they change? In the current state, I don't think stuff can get more balanced. At this point, to further the balance scale, I think a paradigm shift is needed, but they usually keep retooling of mechanics for expansions.

Guesong said:
But what would they change? What could they change? In the current state, I don't think stuff can get more balanced. At this point, to further the balance scale, I think a paradigm shift is needed, but they usually keep retooling of mechanics for expansions.

add features such as the aforementioned party replay watching.

most balance changes save for Zerg scouting that need to be made are map related anyway and dont need to be patched (disabling close spawns can be done in the editor).

Vaporak

Guesong said:

Lan, group replay views, more extensive stat tracking, real chat channels or at least add time stamps. Off the top of my head it seems like there's a whole shitload to do even if they just stick to working on Bnet 2.0.

zlatko

Banned
mescalineeyes said:
add features such as the aforementioned party replay watching.

most balance changes save for Zerg scouting that need to be made are map related anyway and dont need to be patched (disabling close spawns can be done in the editor).

They could update the map pool for ladder. The game right now though is looking super balanced.

V_Arnold said:
I do not care about that feature at all.
It might improve the replay casting synch situation, but that is their case to push.

i think it's a great feature! it's very useful when you have someone you play with often as a team and want to watch it together. that way you can both talk about what you did wrong, examine things together, see each other's viewpoint, etc. it's also just fun to go to your friend, "hey look at this awesome game i played!" or "wanna watch some higher level replays to see how we could improve our game?"

jasonng

Hugoboss21 said:
At what point do you consider whether the game to be broken or a strategy is executed perfectly because of skill? Not exactly disagreeing with you but if players are able to do this BO with perfect timing and still have enough micro ability to be able to blink back injured stalkers then is the race really considered broken?

Hazaro said:
I already sorta did this vs BigAT.

I am so good at this game people on CN steal my builds.
Nice quick edit there you racist. ;)
Still, you should be writing a book of sc2 strategies. You'll make millions. MILLIONS.

Rubashov

BigAT said:
Has anyone ever had the issue (bug?) of not seeing even match/favored during the pre-match loading screen? I just had it during a 1v1 ladder match and have noticed it once or twice in the past week or so.

Example: http://i.imgur.com/7kvV8.jpg
I saw that last week. I wondered if that's just what they did when you were the favored one, since I don't remember ever being the favorite in any game so far. But then in the post game I think it showed us an even match.

jasonng said:
At what point do you consider whether the game to be broken or a strategy is executed perfectly because of skill? Not exactly disagreeing with you but if players are able to do this BO with perfect timing and still have enough micro ability to be able to blink back injured stalkers then is the race really considered broken?

In the eyes of zergs, any build that kills them before they fully saturate 2 bases while they only have 4 lings and a queen is OP.

jasonng

Void Insanity said:
If you are low leagued enough do a double gas steal and go baneling. He'll either stay and try and get a gas back or marine all in you.
Void Insanity said:
In the eyes of zergs, any build that kills them before they fully saturate 2 bases while they only have 4 lings and a queen is OP.

ChronicleX, if you don't want people to know that this is your alt account here's a tip: Don't sound like an idiot.

zlatko

Banned
Void Insanity said:
You think I am this guy because of my zerg opinion? Every zerg at my level either goes all in or makes too many drones.

Shit now that you linked to that I think you're him too.

You joined 6-9-11, he got banned 6-9-11. You both are using similar MLP avatars too.

You're not making a case for yourself right now lol.

Mairu

zlatko said:

You joined 6-9-11, he got banned 6-9-11. You both are using similar MLP avatars too.

You're not making a case for yourself right now lol.
you really get approved for an account that fast now? that's crazy ;p

zlatko said:
I used the search feature to find a post of his to get the account link. As for the pony I was looking for a shoulder shrug pony to use as an avatar so I went to deviantart and got this.

Guesong

Mairu said:
you really get approved for an account that fast now? that's crazy ;p

I can assure you it's not fast. I myself finally got my activation today, and I've been waiting like 7 months.

...which, all things considered, is quite unfair since Void Insanity joined just recently. :(

Awesome Animals said:
You know he is just going to QQ moar. He needs some more Karaks in his life.

Almost all the maps are playable against A.I. Just create a custom game, and search for some maps. Try GSL, TSL, and MLG in the search bar for options. Also, I'm sure teamliquid.net custom maps forum has some. Finally, the Patch Test Realm just went up with the Season 3 maps, so if you get on there you can check out the ladder maps for next season. Good Luck!

Yeah my question is not just where to find them but how to download them and make them part of my vs AI pool without having to log online every time.

I really am a SC noob so no idea if its even possible.

a176

Banned
jasonng said:

you can help us find the counter.

Jeff-DSA

Just had a great match. It was a T (me) vs Z (loser) on Xelnaga Caverns. We took all the bases during the match and it was pretty back and forth. I massed up a good fleet of Vikings, but kept them back, only bringing a few at a time in my normal pushes that I'd use to snipe expansions or just make sure to keep him having to replenish army rather than just tech like crazy. I was using Ghosts to EMP his Infestors, so he got frustrated and just made a TON of Brood Lords (which I scouted). The next engagement was downright ugly as my Ghosts sniped and my Vikings I had been saving murdered his Broods. Game over.

It's pretty annoying, but your Infestors will root them down and keep them from blinking. I know that doesn't help much in the early game, but they shouldn't have a critical mass of them that early anyway due to the gas cost.

Keikaku

Jeff-DSA said:
Just had a great match. It was a T (me) vs Z (loser) on Xelnaga Caverns. We took all the bases during the match and it was pretty back and forth. I massed up a good fleet of Vikings, but kept them back, only bringing a few at a time in my normal pushes that I'd use to snipe expansions or just make sure to keep him having to replenish army rather than just tech like crazy. I was using Ghosts to EMP his Infestors, so he got frustrated and just made a TON of Brood Lords (which I scouted). The next engagement was downright ugly as my Ghosts sniped and my Vikings I had been saving murdered his Broods. Game over.

It's pretty annoying, but your Infestors will root them down and keep them from blinking. I know that doesn't help much in the early game, but they shouldn't have a critical mass of them that early anyway due to the gas cost.

Did you still want help with your TvZ? Haven't heard from you . . .

Keikaku

Jeff-DSA said:
Definitely. I am free tomorrow night. I thought I was going to have time this weekend but I ended up having to work.

I'm on PST and am free after 3PM. Just PM with the time that you want.

Yoshichan

How the hell did Haunted and ChronicleX get banned?

Yoshichan

I just switched my "T-button" on my keyboard. It's now orange.

Now I will always find my Stimpack.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Void Insanity said:
silly soft meat, a zerg wouldn't want to fully saturate a base.

Guesong

Q8D3vil said:
real men use grid

Agreed. I personally find it so much easier to remember the location of things rather than some random letter associated to it.

Especially when playing Random! Cant be bothered to learn everything.

Tntnnbltn

Guesong said:
Agreed. I personally find it so much easier to remember the location of things rather than some random letter associated to it.
Except the letters aren't random. -_-

Edit: On a side note, having hatcheries hotkeyed to 'A' is awesome. ASD selects hatch, selects larvae, builds drones. So comfy.

Tntnnbltn

Awesome Animals said:
Does 'grid' refer to your hotkey setup as:
(using terran for reference)
Code:
qwer... = barrack units
asdf... = factory units
zxcv... = starport units
No. Grid is the letters on the keyboard correspond to the order that things appear in the bottom right window.

Q = whatever option was top left, W = whatever option was top row second, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom