• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcrae

red731 said:
The build orders are messing with my brain.
I slowly understand them, but #/# with name of building isn't saying much :D
Like I was reading - must read between lines big time.

the #/# is the food count, located at the upper right. it will likely say sometihng like 10/11 supply depot... you start building supply depot after you have 10 food worth of units out (that will be 10 scvs in this case)

fanboi said:
Also, I did such a stupid misstake yesterday...

ZvZ taldarim.

I FE (after pool) get banes and a spine, voila he attacks I fend om without any loses really... was really far ahead in eco etc.

Did doubble roach warren with burrow + speed and move upgrades to take him out.

Failed a bit, not to much.

Get third, killed his third (was building). Went for spire and hive (greater spire yay!)
Saw that he had taken a third in another location, went out to ´kill it, and when Im going out I also saw that he was going spire + hive... so I build like... 20 corruptors and went to kill his third with my roaches and infestors.

Here is the silly part... I killed his base, but I was intercepted and killed (he had more infestors...) and what did I just do? Oh, I used ALL gas and larvae (well almost all larvae) on corruptors... you know how hard it is to hit ground with them?

Also I delayed to build BL due to I wanted to kill his BL since he was rushing for it...

Then he came and killed me :(

i enjoy reading this battle logs. that is indeed a frustrating loss, shitty!

Haunted

HolyCheck said:
Posting this in ALL SC2 THREADS.

OnGameNet are hosting the korean WCG games, they start tomorrow. They are airing them live on their TV channel.

GOMTV Is streaming them online to foreign viewers.

This is HUGE.

http://www.gomtv.net/2011wcg/news/66277
I was about to write that it's great that GOM and ongamenet are working together and that hopefully TV channels in Korea will hop on the SC2 wagon, but then I realised that SC2 can die off in Korea for all I care.

Then all the good players can come over here and take Catz' money permanently!

edit: tournament-wise, the lineup is pretty good. Reminds me of the super tournament.

Q8D3vil said:
nah, its defend able but i rather wait for the pro to find the best solution rather than finding it myself.
need to watch goody stream since i follow his tvp style.
What's hard about countering it? Just build/reactor a shit ton of marines, right?

Mairu

HolyCheck said:
Posting this in ALL SC2 THREADS.

OnGameNet are hosting the korean WCG games, they start tomorrow. They are airing them live on their TV channel.

GOMTV Is streaming them online to foreign viewers.

This is HUGE.

http://www.gomtv.net/2011wcg/news/66277
this is pretty awesome though I would not be surprised if all the ogn stuff gets rebroadcasted by someone on TL anyways

The only bad thing about SC2 in Korea getting bigger is that ogn doesn't care about international viewers so less English casting for Korean games :(

Q8D3vil

Dooraven said:
No seriously, the best counter to the Histler's PvT all in is a ghost rush.
so i need to do all in in every tvp because they might do an all in >_> ?

currently i do 1 rax reator fe into factory, i may need to weak some stuff to make it work i guess.

or wait for goody stream and learn how to master defend it himself :D

Q8D3vil

Tntnnbltn said:
Now you know how it feels being Protoss and potentially being up against a 1-1-1. <_<
yeah, i'm ok with metagame shift though it will effect me a lot because i do mech tvp so my early game need to be refined.

Well, you have to scout, right?
even with scan there is a limit to what i might catch. i guess ultra turtle and opening 111 with an expo is the best way to go right now.

Mairu said:
this is pretty awesome though I would not be surprised if all the ogn stuff gets rebroadcasted by someone on TL anyways

The only bad thing about SC2 in Korea getting bigger is that ogn doesn't care about international viewers so less English casting for Korean games :(

I'm sure when they see the statistics of GOM's international viewers and money they're making, plus when they realize how big the foreign scene is, they will change their mind. SCII has exploded when you compare it to the BW eSports following.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Carriers are brokenly good

MrKnives

I'm not even a huge Destiny fan but this pic makes me sad :(

t1K3p.jpg

Dooraven

Hmm, lets see how destiny does now that infestors don't counter almost everything anymore. It might actually force him to play zerg properly and could actually increase his skill level.

Q8D3vil

Dooraven said:
Hmm, lets see how destiny does now that infestors don't counter almost everything anymore. It might actually force him to play zerg properly and could actually increase his skill level.
dude is losing it hard.
6Ec8o.jpg

Holden

Yoshichan said:
Carriers are brokenly good

holyshit, somebody other then me found out that carriers are good?

Q8D3vil said:
dude is losing it hard.
[MG]http://i.imgur.com/6Ec8o.jpg[/IMG]

no shit, when your core unit is only infestors, your not gonna win vs everything;;;

but ya, this game does suck, blizzard just wants ppl to make a deathball;;;;;;;;;;

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Q8D3vil

Hugoboss21 said:
holyshit, somebody other then me found out that carriers are good?

no shit, when your core unit is only infestors, your not gonna win vs everything;;;

but ya, this game does suck, blizzard just wants ppl to make a deathball;;;;;;;;;;
dunno about that, zerg recently discovered tons of timing attacks that at least cripple the protoss most of the time or end the game right away (while backing them with droning and transitioning into a normal game).

if you saw the last week gsl you will understand what i mean.
i think blizzard did the right thing to balance pvz because "herp derp deathball" is not an option anymore in high level pvz.

cdyhybrid

PhoenixDark said:
He's right.

Better put your flame jacket on, if it benefits Zerg in any way it's OP!

I agree with him too. Code S doesn't have 20 Zergs, after all. If infestor is that OP-counters-everything then why are there Toss and Terran left in GSL?

a176

Banned
cdyhybrid said:

I agree with him too. Code S doesn't have 20 Zergs, after all. If infestor is that OP-counters-everything then why are there Toss and Terran left in GSL?

elephant.jpg

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
PhoenixDark said:
He's right.

As much as I hate Zerg and disagree with the way he worded that, agreed. He is absolutely right.

Yoshichan

cdyhybrid said:

bwahhaha

Aylinato

I don't agree with neural nerf. No one was complaining about it. We complain about fungal, but they did not really address the problem with fungal(being a root spell instead of a slowing/decimates air units)

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
ghst said:
what is it about this petulant raging aspie that inspires such loyalty?
because his choice of language aside, he's not wrong and the justification in the write up was insulting.

V_Arnold

Destiny is not right.

He is a fucking BM'ing child who banked all his successes upon Infestors. He LIVES off them. And now he finds out that he ACTUALLY has to learn the game to achieve something.

Must be rought, dude. Balls. Grow them.

Venfayth

Destiny said:
... I hated ling/bling/muta vs T and I hated roach/dra/corrupter vs P. So I searched for answers and fine-tuned infester oriented builds in those match-ups until I got my match-ups to where they are today. ...

Just found this relevant.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
V_Arnold said:
Destiny is not right.

He is a fucking BM'ing child who banked all his successes upon Infestors. He LIVES off them. And now he finds out that he ACTUALLY has to learn the game to achieve something.

Must be rought, dude. Balls. Grow them.
your hate for destiny does not justify saying he's wrong.

V_Arnold

Pandaman said:
your hate for destiny does not justify saying he's wrong.

What? Cant you drop infestors for mass infested terrans?
Cant you chain fungal EVERYTHING?

Wow, now mass infestors CANNOT counter units that cost 2-3 times amount of what infestors themselves cost? Must be rough.

Still does not justify any ADULt actually calling others names like a FUCKING CHILD like Destiny does.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
V_Arnold said:
What? Cant you drop infestors for mass infested terrans?
Cant you chain fungal EVERYTHING?

Wow, now mass infestors CANNOT counter units that cost 2-3 times amount of what infestors themselves cost? Must be rough.
cant you control your army? cant you one shot infestors with a 50 energy spell? no? dont worry blizz has you covered.

lets change an offensive spell into something that only works if your opponent makes a mistake! what a wonderful idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom