• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonng

Hugoboss21 said:
Zuj35.png
Oh my fuck, we've been had.

I might add the GAF tag into my name. Although i don't really like the sound of GAF.elblanco or vise versa. So i was thinking may Gafblanco.

Edit:I know that's not how your supposed to do it but whatever.

AdventureRacing said:
I might add the GAF tag into my name. Although i don't really like the sound of GAF.elblanco or vise versa. So i was thinking may Gafblanco.

Edit:I know that's not how your supposed to do it but whatever.

You're supposed to do it however you want to do it.

Ecto311

Fish don't fry in the kitchen;
Beans don't burn on the grill.
Took a whole lotta tryin',
Just to get up that hill.
Now we're up in the big leagues,
Gettin' our turn at bat.
As long as we live, it's you and me baby,
There ain't nothin wrong with that.

91WxY.jpg

GiJoccin

I just picked up the game a few weeks ago and I've been playing 2v2 with my buddy. He's been helping me a lot to get decent at the game - I basically picked terran and go with 4 or 5 rax and push, we've been doing OK, competitive with plat teams

I feel like my early game has developed the most, but I get lost mid-late game on what to do.

There's a TON of information out there, almost too much - any ideas on the best place(s) to look to develop on the mid-late terran game? It just feels like once we get past the point of marines+marauders won't cut it any more, I get out of my comfort zone. I've been reading some threads on Team Liquid and have started watching a couple of videos - any high yield resources?

Holden

Deadman said:

NA and EU has always been ruled by P and T, koreans stats seem more accurent

BUT as always you are supposed to be playing a player with same "level" ladder is not an option to base winrate on, imo, watching code T is a good enough reason to see the what race is the "master" race

for NA, Masters are goddamn scrubs, and GM is basicly playign half your games vs a scrub or combatex/deezer

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
PvZ 57% in NA/EU masters+
PvZ 47-48% in NA/EU all leagues

confirmed that people who complained about infestors are just bad.

Holden

Pandaman said:
PvZ 57% in NA/EU masters+
PvZ 47-48% in NA/EU all leagues

confirmed that people who complained about infestors are just bad.

i agree but when i watch 10 zealots getting chain fungaled, makes my heart hurt

and clearly zerg need to learn korean zvp, artosis said it was pretty fucking hard to beat it. i think its something by doing some 2-3 base allin then abusing zerg, by just making a seperate unit then you were making previously ( i made that whole sentence to not feel dumb by saying hydras)

funny enough... 47-48% for all leagues... i thought protoss was the master race of bronze to plat

but i agree that protoss is so good on masters NA in pvt, ppl only fucking MMM, makes me fucking laugh when i just storm their whole army

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Hugoboss21 said:
and clearly zerg need to learn korean zvp, artosis said it was pretty fucking hard to beat it.
48% winrate is not fucking hard to beat. In any system there is going to be a few percentage swinging each way at any given time. 48% is effectively indistinguishable from 50% [or 46%]
Also, remember when artosis was streaming? remember how he lost a macro game to a guy who 6 pooled and did no damage? not the source i would trust personally.
funny enough... 47-48% for all leagues... i thought protoss was the master race of bronze to plat
nah, idle warpgates are a huge issue in those leagues. You or I wouldn't notice it, but when you almost literally never build units until your current army is dead, idle warpgates become a bigger problem than missed injects. atleast you'll always get 3 larvae per hatch if you dont macro with zerg...

Pandaman said:
48% winrate is not fucking hard to beat. In any system there is going to be a few percentage swinging each way at any given time. 48% is effectively indistinguishable from 50% [or 46%]

This is such a important point to make when comparing win rates. I hate seeing people argue about a race match up because of a 2-6% difference in win rate. If it ain't 50/50 it ain't balanced I suppose.

You know what bugs me? Every time a player wins or loses they blame balance. People need to realize that most of the time the better/more prepared player wins.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
ahh I see it's that time again.

zargle

PhoenixDark said:
Also can I talk about Nestea right quick? GSL spoiler:

Banelings>mass Thor OMFG. Most amazing/funny thing I've seen in SC2

that was awesome. but it only really works that well if they are all bunched, right? At least that is how tastosis portrayed it.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
PhoenixDark said:

Reminded me of a guy spanishiwa was coaching. his macro was bad so spanishiwa just told him to
make more hatcheries and banelings all game.

30minute ZvP followed with alot of dead deathballs.

fanboi

Banned
Oh whit-ra never change.

"Hard to win using special tactics, if mistake you make you gg"

"If you mistake dont make, enemy gg"

Awesome

a176

Banned
867-5309 said:
Am I wrong to chuckle to myself every time a commentator says that Protoss has a deathball?

would you rather call it the protoss beachball?

ps, my new map gaf, a bit more traditional

zargle

a176 said:

Yes, as that would create much hilarity.

Your map is pretty. That is all I am qualified to say about the matter.

jasonng

a176 said:

You can spawn on the same side, which I dont know how I feel about. Map doesn't exactly encourage macro play since expos are pretty far apart, aside from the naturals. Also, I noticed from all your maps that you don't give players enough incentive to intervene in the middle besides cross spawn positions. That might be interesting to see.

Hope I don't come across as a douche
for once
. I do like your first two maps, I just think this one needs more tinkering.

Q8D3vil

not if you're cocoa. :3
panda, you need to follow some gsl because all zergs now are doing 2 base infestors timings in pvz :D

about the winrates, its retarded when people stop playing the game when their favorite race is getting spanked in a major tournament so stop whining and enjoy the game.

a176

Banned
jasonng said:
You can spawn on the same side, which I dont know how I feel about. Map doesn't exactly encourage macro play since expos are pretty far apart, aside from the naturals. Also, I noticed from all your maps that you don't give players enough incentive to intervene in the middle besides cross spawn positions. That might be interesting to see.

Hope I don't come across as a douche
for once
. I do like your first two maps, I just think this one needs more tinkering.

edit

ok, close spawn wasnt supposed to happen. forgot to put it :x should be fixed now

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
PhoenixDark said:

the sexiest part is
He doesnt just run his banellings into the thors, he moves them on movecommand to surround ALL the thors, then tells tehm to attack, sosexy

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
So many goddamn VODS I need to watch. I'm two days behind on GSL and I haven't even began to watch the DreamHack Valencia games :(.

I think I might just drop code A for now.

Tntnnbltn

Pancakes said:
So many goddamn VODS I need to watch. I'm two days behind on GSL and I haven't even began to watch the DreamHack Valencia games :(.
Yesterday I distributed 3x 6 gigs of Valencia VODs to my students. I'm like the hero of kids without ADSL2+.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom