• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keikaku

Guesong said:
Even so, I was wondering ; does it reaaaaaallly make a difference whether you spam APM "to warm up" at the start of the game?

I can understand if it's your first game or the day or something, but other than that?

Then again, I suppose there's not much else to do at this point anyways, so might as well.

I don't think it really matter, it's more just a matter of habit. According to QXC, Sheth is pretty low APM and he's a Zerg. At one point during his Code A qualification matches, Sheth was at 5 APM.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Guesong said:
Even so, I was wondering ; does it reaaaaaallly make a difference whether you spam APM "to warm up" at the start of the game?

I can understand if it's your first game or the day or something, but other than that?

Then again, I suppose there's not much else to do at this point anyways, so might as well.
For me it does.
Helps me settle into the StarCraft mindset and not have to think too much about anything else.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
It helps A LOT. If I don't get my 800 APM fix at the start of the game, I will suck.

WedgeX

Banned
ShallNoiseUpon said:
Nah, it's more that I need to actually get back into form, but just lose frustrating games and don't win when a better player would.

And why do we beat up on wedge?

2.jpg

So we get ourself back into form.

Keikaku

Title says it all. Yes, I wasn't super efficient with my minerals or anything, but man . . . I really love NP!

WedgeX said:
First replay of the new thread!

My marine tank beats his marine tank + bc. Made one stupid push on my part.

One thing that leapt out at me: You can only spawn cross positions on Shakuras, so there is no need for you to send your SCV to close positions :)

Garryk

Watching this stuff kinda takes me back to when I first started playing CS. I sat there in the spawn for 30 secs clicking through menus to buy guns, bullets, frags, etc. while everyone else just quick-keyed it all in 3 secs.

jasonng

Keikaku said:
I don't think it really matter, it's more just a matter of habit. According to QXC, Sheth is pretty low APM and he's a Zerg. At one point during his Code A qualification matches, Sheth was at 5 APM.
I can't even fathom how a pro zerg like sheth can maintain with just 5 apm. That alone is quite a trait. I spam apm in the beginning of matches, as many of you have pointed out. It certainly helps me focus and keeps my hands busy. I mean, why not?

Deadman

@EGiNcontroL Geoff Robinson
streaming some before inside the game -- justin.tv/iNcontroLTV -- btw inside the game will be ONLY be and djWheat today.. big talk inc

@djWHEAT djWHEAT
No-Fluff is about to hit Inside The Game (@iTG_SC2). You won't want to miss tonight, LIVE in 30 minutes.

drama hype

Also tyler is streaming: http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/Liquid%60Tyler

Hes ranked 68 masters :S. Just said he had taken 2 months off, kinda explains his recent results.

Practice plz.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Yoshichan said:
Here's my award list for the last thread:

Cutest & Most Awesome Awesome Animals
Sexiest: Corran Horn
Hottest: Zlatko
Most stylish: Hazaro
God damn you and your ponies: Panda
What the fuck is going on here: V_Arnold
FUCK YOU I'M PLAYING THE GAME DON'T PM ME: Q8D3vil
Haunted title: Haunted

AND THE WINNER OF LAST THREAD IS...
ME, of course. What did you expect?
I'm sexiest? yay...I think...

Maybe this time i will manage to reach the hall of shame.

Just finished a 12 hour night shift. Time to get 3 hours of sleep before playing my wild card matches :D.

Keikaku

Ranked top 4 in Platinum right now. I should hit Diamond sometime near the end of next month, so long as I keep playing and improving.

EDIT: Played 3 games today, won all of them. Just played against a Terran who bm'ed and accused me of not microing my Infestors . . . right after I had NP'ed 4 of his seige tanks and crushed his last push.

cdyhybrid

Keikaku said:
Ranked top 4 in Platinum right now. I should hit Diamond sometime near the end of next month, so long as I keep playing and improving.

EDIT: Played 3 games today, won all of them. Just played against a Terran who bm'ed and accused me of not microing my Infestors . . . right after I had NP'ed 4 of his seige tanks and crushed his last push.

He was clearly right. If you microed them you would have NPed an SCV and built your own tanks!

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Awesome Animals said:
Summarize it for me, I'm watching Sheth's GSL game.

DJWheat is losing his shit atm.

But so far it's been about how Incontrol's schedule is hectic.

So it's a DJWheat hosts the IncontrolDaily where you learn absolutely nothing masked as an alternative to SotG? What is the appeal in that!? Wheat is begging for phone calls atm due to how filler the show is.

Edit - Wheat raging is kinda amusing, but also rather sad.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Awesome Animals said:
Why is DJWheat losing his shit?

He was angry about people who seriously argue that every little piece of drama that occurs in the SC2 community, is hurting E-sports. He cited a Las Vegas Counter-Strike tournament in which, all the sponsor's equipment was stolen, a gun was pulled, and other terrible things as the real kinds of problems that hurt E-sports.

He has a point but I really wish he would get to the point of this "special" ITG. It's been pretty boring so far.

meh, nothing is hindering esports. People just like to bitch about anything. Denying Destiny a spot on Complexity doesn't mean anything. Taking iNcontroL from SotG doesn't hinder, etc.

It is part of life. It may be unfortunate and nonsensical, but it is what it is.

looking at NASL brackets and Trickster is there under the name StartaleTrickster, I know he left TSL but hadn't heard he had been picked up yet.

Deadman

Stream seems to be trying its hardest to die so ill give up and watch tomorrow. But so far none of them come out of this looking very good.

Pancakes

Deadman said:
Stream seems to be trying its hardest to die so ill give up and watch tomorrow. But so far none of them come out of this looking very good.

Yea the stream is unwatchable at this point. I'm disappointed by Incontrol's actions but he had to choose what's best for him and not necessarily the community.

Tyler's thoughts on the situation:

LiquidTyler said:
I agree with Destiny.

I wouldn't ever want to do business with EG. On a personal level, I like a lot of EG people. But professionally, EG is a joke.
Source

Supposed to play Taco (some other part to his name but I've forgotten) tonight for the summer invitational. I'll just 6 pool him over and over again.

zlatko

Banned
SteveWinwood said:
Supposed to play Taco (some other part to his name but I've forgotten) tonight for the summer invitational. I'll just 6 pool him over and over again.

Baneling bust him. :)

ITG is boring. I gave it a shit, but it just doesn't do anything for me. Wheat is a cool, passionate guy who loves the game and is a good caster, but he just doesn't hold my attention long enough in the show's setting. I'd rather listen to Day9 take calls and ask questions to pro gamers, and even that would get old.

SOTG is very well done and JP is a great moderator; he's similar to Wheat in terms of not being the most knowledgeable SC2 guy, but it doesn't matter since he's so good at what he does (moderate and stir debate/talk). Whereas Wheat feels like he's throwing darts at a wall hoping something sticks.

cdyhybrid

Pankaks said:
Yea the stream is unwatchable at this point. I'm disappointed by Incontrol's actions but he had to choose what's best for him and not necessarily the community.

Tyler's thoughts on the situation:

Source

Oh boy, e-drama. Don't mind me, I'll just be over here watching Boxer and Jinro's matches in two hours. I do <3 Tyler though.

WedgeX

Banned
Keikaku said:
Title says it all. Yes, I wasn't super efficient with my minerals or anything, but man . . . I really love NP!

One thing that leapt out at me: You can only spawn cross positions on Shakuras, so there is no need for you to send your SCV to close positions :)

Got dang. Those poor mind-controlled Archons.

And I did not know that. Knowledge is power!

Pankaks said:
So SotG got a sponsor offer that is rival to EG's sponsors razor, so razor then offered sotg the same offer since Incontrol would have to leave if they accepted it. They accepted it not knowing they would loose incontrol, lost incontrol who then started ItG, changed their mind because they lost incontrol and then wanted razors offer in order to keep him but it was too late, resulting in everyone being screwed over?

What a shit load of fuck is this?

It is all stupid shit. And honestly, all the people in charge are better off not talking about it. Then this shit will be dropped, just like it had been until that picture got leaked. Instead, they are continuing to promote the discussion, and here we are.

From the sounds of it, although I acknowledge that the vocal minority is always the loudest, Inside the Game isn't very good, which means it may disappear, or SotG and ItG will merge which could solve the problem. Especially since it seems apparent that SotG didn't take the offer of conflicting partners. It all seems so attention grabbing and a desperate attempt to make ItG relevant.

It sucks because I like pretty much every person in the forefront of the SC community and the petty shit is ruining their exposure more so than helping it.

WedgeX

Banned
Real sports have riots and players beating one another and people breaking bones and betting schemes and bannings from the sport and groupies and trading cards and world championships and crackshot journalists and crappy hometown journalists and beloved commentators.

More drama can only help.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Kinda stupid from all around, EG should have talked it out with JP or something. Either way both lose. ItG isnt that good, SotG wont be as good without Jeff (the real way to spell the name Jeff, not that Geoff way)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom