• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
pieatorium said:
It wouldn't be Razor related as they also sponsor Team Liquid and there was no drama with Tyler staying.
Well ItG is mainly sponsored by SteelSeries isnt it? The reddit post makes it sound like Complexity gaming would sponsor with SoundBlaster. So I guess maybe the issue lays there.

Mairu

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=145494&currentpage=1287#25729
Complexity CEO said:
I appreciate Alex Garfield maintaining the confidentiality of those involved, but I'm willing to go on the record and reveal that compLexity arranged a strong sponsorship for SotG with SoundBlaster gaming. The deal would have put money in the pockets of all of the co-hosts. We did it because we love the show and felt it would be a great investment for our sponsor. JP liked the idea but did not accept the offer because it meant losing Geoff, which we understood.
man, that's fucking lame :|

thx for killing sotg~

Fuck sponsors, the show doesn't need them. It's extremely popular and well received. And if they want to have sponsors they can choose them on their own terms.

I will miss Geoff's humor and amusing tales and stories.

I will not miss his idiotic, zero fact checked, completely illogical and emotion driven arguments.

Guess it comes down to what part of the glass I want to see.

Corran Horn

TheThunder said:
I will miss Geoff's humor and amusing tales and stories.

I will not miss his idiotic, zero fact checked, completely illogical and emotion driven arguments.

Guess it comes down to what part of the glass I want to see.
I do love when he called out Idra on stuff.

Aylinato said:
Which one is geoff
1184132-0geoff_large.jpg

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
hoverX said:
Won my first placement match! i'm now 1-3. Probably still headed for Bronze right?
Grats! I don't know that feeling :D

So whats the rule with no shows? Dynamic rescheduled our match for today but never showed up and hasn't messaged me.

A little bit annoying considering i had to really cut into my sleep after a long shift just to be up for the match.

When exactly is the deadline?

V_Arnold

I am really sad about the EG shaningans. They try to act like a pro team but in reality all that is beneficial with that is all these sponsors say this, sponsors say that bullshit, which is really not something that SCII needs right now.

They are adult people talking about their favorite hobbies on a friendly podcast. End of story, I do not get why EG has any say whether they appear or not, especially when they only state their personal opinions, not official EG statements.

Corran Horn

V_Arnold said:
I am really sad about the EG shaningans. They try to act like a pro team but in reality all that is beneficial with that is all these sponsors say this, sponsors say that bullshit, which is really not something that SCII needs right now.

They are adult people talking about their favorite hobbies on a friendly podcast. End of story, I do not get why EG has any say whether they appear or not, especially when they only state their personal opinions, not official EG statements.
It might be in their contract that they cant particpate in stuff going against their team/sponsors. Since their team/sponsors have a show now, its that or nothing else. Companies outside of progamers do this. For example, ESPN employees are not suppose to appear on radio shows that dont belong to ESPN radio.

V_Arnold

Corran Horn said:
It might be in their contract that they cant particpate in stuff going against their team/sponsors. Since their team/sponsors have a show now, its that or nothing else. Companies outside of progamers do this. For example, ESPN employees are not suppose to appear on radio shows that dont belong to ESPN radio.

Well. EG got a great deal of publicity when Incontrol was in SOTG, so I do not see it anything but beneficial to them. But that might be false, who knows. Of course this does not contradict what you are saying, so :(

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
TheThunder said:
Fuck you TL for making these NA exclusive from now on and big fuck you Blizzard for denying consumers a feature standard in %99 of games out there.
Wait what? TL has always had Cups that are locked to a specific server, it's to give people from either region a fair chance at qualifying.

Ikuu said:
Wait what? TL has always had Cups that are locked to a specific server, it's to give people from either region a fair chance at qualifying.
There's no more EU cups. Every TL open is now NA only.

Ikuu

Oh now that is stupid. Guess they had to do something to have some NA players make it into the tournament.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Ikuu said:
the tl opens that arent tsl qualifiers will always be on na from now on.

cant blame TL for wanting a standard, but feel free to blame blizzard for forcing the need for one.

V_Arnold

Well, if NA-KR and NA-EU is both fine, while EU-KR is not good, it is obvious why NA is the preferred place for fighting.

Pandaman said:
right because eu riffraff stands a chance at all. any eu player worth anything has an na account already.
Yeah but it's fun for causal to get in these things even if they get walked over by qxc or Select.

The pros won't be affected at all by this.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
TheThunder said:
Yeah but it's fun for causal to get in these things even if they get walked over by qxc or Select.

The pros won't be affected at all by this.
i guess they figured more casual euers have na accounts than vica versa. seems like a safe assumption since the na opens have traditioally had more players.

business as usual for blizzard...

It's hard to make a show when one of your hosts leaves permanently and the other 2 hosts are in europe while you are moving to a new apartment at the same time.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Mairu said:
how do you get that from him refusing the complexity deal?
he refused the complexity deal knowing there was an EG counter offer on the table, but when that also falls through suddenly the show goes on hiatus?

he knows he can be paid for it now, so he's not doing it for free if he can help it.

Ikuu

Nobody really comes out of this looking that great, EG didn't exactly help by lying to everyone from the start.

V_Arnold

Pandaman said:
he refused the complexity deal knowing there was an EG counter offer on the table, but when that also falls through suddenly the show goes on hiatus?

he knows he can be paid for it now, so he's not doing it for free if he can help it.

WTF. Show goes on hiatus because JP has moved, Idra/Tyler has been travelling for various events, and they will also need a new +1 member. Hiatus does not meen "JP NEEDS MONEY SO HE STOPS, HURR"...

TheThunder said:
It's hard to make a show when one of your hosts leaves permanently and the other 2 hosts are in europe while you are moving to a new apartment at the same time.

Or this :)

hamchan

TheThunder said:

This.

I highly doubt JP is really that money hungry that he'd stop the show. He's been doing the show for free for a very long time now.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
it has nothing to do with being money hungry, its the smart decision.

sotg has gone on with its hosts being on three continents off of hotel internet, but two guys being in europe is an insurmountable problem? and it takes JP how many months exactly to set up his computer?

V_Arnold

Jeez Panda, your snarky avatar does not really help you in this case.

There will be no better opportunity than Incontrol's leave to take some break, especially with the busy schedule EVERYONE has now. It is simple as that, a hiatus is a hiatus, end of story.

well thank god that djWHEAT hackjob got even more exposure thanks to this situation. I wish that guy would just go away. he's terrible at everything that he does -- even though I do appreciate the effort he puts into it.

mescalineeyes said:
well thank god that djWHEAT hackjob got even more exposure thanks to this situation. I wish that guy would just go away. he's terrible at everything that he does -- even though I do appreciate the effort he puts into it.
I agree mostly that Wheat is a bit of a twat but he seems to gel well with day9 as a casting duo. I think both of them aren't as good with others as they are together.

Why are we still talking about this? :(

Let's discuss how much longer it takes me until I get promoted. I beat every bronze/silver player I am facing. How does this shit work? I know I will need to lose eventually to get placement, but how long does it take? Do I need to be 1 in my division to get promoted. Do we know anyone at Blizzard that can just put me in Silver
gold
?

Deadly

Pandaman said:
so basically JP didnt want to do the show anymore without getting paid, thats why sotg is gone? kay.
Considering the views they got, he probably could have gotten a sponsor easily but didn't actively seek one out since it was complexity that OFFERED them the deal. Also I'm sure he gets some kind of stream revenue already.

remz

Awesome Animals said:

Let's discuss how much longer it takes me until I get promoted. I beat every bronze/silver player I am facing. How does this shit work? I know I will need to lose eventually to get placement, but how long does it take? Do I need to be 1 in my division to get promoted. Do we know anyone at Blizzard that can just put me in Silver
gold
?
Just keep winning. Take iot from someone who has been from plat down to bronze then back up to plat again, all you have to do is keep winning. Going up from bronze after you've settled in the hardest thing, but if you're good, once you get into silver it's not too hard to get into gold, provided you're the gold league player you think you are. :)

remz said:
Just keep winning. Take iot from someone who has been from plat down to bronze then back up to plat again, all you have to do is keep winning. Going up from bronze after you've settled in the hardest thing, but if you're good, once you get into silver it's not too hard to get into gold, provided you're the gold league player you think you are. :)

Yea, that's what I was afraid of. I'm just sick of being Bronze :(

So, who else has been watching GSL Code A? Some surprising results, to say the least.

Awesome Animals said:

gold
?

stop jerking off to your fucking rank and play the god-damn game.

Awesome Animals said:

gold
?
I was 2 for ages last season, never got promoted. It's kept a secret to stop people exploiting it I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom