• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

syllogism

Hydra speed increased.
Viper will permanently grant detection for energy. Lair tech. Grant detection is the cheapest spell.
Swarm lord spits out broodling-looking things that have 16 attack damage and .87 attack speed.

syllogism said:
Hydra speed increased.
Viper will permanently grant detection for energy. Lair tech. Grant detection is the cheapest spell.
Swarm lord spits out broodling-looking things that have 16 attack damage and .87 attack speed.

DAYUM

Holden

syllogism said:
Hydra speed increased.

hydra speed? IMPOSSIBLE

Way to many changes... they shouldn't be adding more they should be removing the bad parts;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Deadman

syllogism said:
Hydra speed increased.

........so good

cdyhybrid

syllogism said:
Hydra speed increased.
*Bison* Yes...YES

Holden

Oh wow mass recall on nexus is confirmed LOL

removed overseer, now thats good! (if the overlord has permanent dect)

Drop probe in enemy base, build nexus, mass recall LOL

mass recall will be removed, in no way it can be balanced

syllogism

Yes, because the only way to implement a spell called recall is to make it completely identical to the mothership spell. Plus it will take a while for the nexus to have enough energy anyway

Holden

syllogism said:
Yes, because the only way to implement a spell called recall is to make it completely identical to the mothership spell. Plus it will take a while for the nexus to have enough energy anyway

or make a unit called arbiters; prob the most wanted unit i wanted ;/

cdyhybrid

Hugoboss21 said:
Oh wow mass recall on nexus is confirmed LOL

removed overseer, now thats good! (if the overlord has permanent dect)

Drop probe in enemy base, build nexus, mass recall LOL

mass recall will be removed, in no way it can be balanced
Viper gives units permanent detection, it's its first and cheapest spell I believe.

Holden

... lol; sounds terrible giving the only mobile detection to a aoe caster

What im really being worried about is that nobody is talking about the removed units but the carrier and the mothership.......

MrKnives

Agree that it doesn't feel right if you have to rush for some spellcaster to get detection. If it recuires an extra building that pretty much guarantees the need for spores in fast cloack attacks.
But then again we don't know anything yet so lets see after their MP panel

Give it time Hugo.

Appereantly the burrowed banelings are indeed in MP :eek: That's like... huge?

Holden

MrKnives said:
Agree that it doesn't feel right if you have to rush for some spellcaster to get detection. If it recuires an extra building that pretty much guarantees the need for spores in fast cloack attacks.
But then again we don't know anything yet so lets see after their MP panel

Give it time Hugo.

Appereantly the burrowed banelings are indeed in MP :eek: That's like... huge?

Well people are updating about every change that they see... no talks about removed units; which is big big news

LOL pylon block somebody, use the arc shield thing to defend it LOOOL arc shield wont finish in HotS either lol;

and moving burrowed banelings does sound way to insane

I dunno how half of the things they announced can stay in the game....;;

syllogism

"The new HotS units are sick! Off-creep speed upgrade for hydras, burrow charge ability for ultras, new infestation pit unit like a lurker, but spawns two high-dps units every 15 seconds or so while burrowed. Lair tech caster flyer Viper that can make units detectors, spawn a cloud that disables casting and ranged attack, and a tentacle that can pull a unit in from long range. Corrupters now have a channeled ability against building that gives one mineral a second and does 1dps."

-psystarcraft

Holden

syllogism said:
"The new HotS units are sick! Off-creep speed upgrade for hydras, burrow charge ability for ultras, new infestation pit unit like a lurker, but spawns two high-dps units every 15 seconds or so while burrowed. Lair tech caster flyer Viper that can make units detectors, spawn a cloud that disables casting and ranged attack, and a tentacle that can pull a unit in from long range. Corrupters now have a channeled ability against building that gives one mineral a second and does 1dps."

-psystarcraft

corruters giving you $$ now? I'm starting to think that this expansion is a bit offtopic sc2 MP

Dooraven

The more and more I see it, HOTS seems like a massive fucking disappointment. Lol Corrupters giving you minerals now. Corrupters, Vikings, Roach, Marauder, Colossus all seem to be there :/

syllogism

Dooraven said:
The more and more I see it, HOTS seems like a massive fucking disappointment. Lol Corrupters giving you minerals now. Corrupters, Vikings, Roach, Marauder, Colossus all seem to be there :/
Haha you should have been expecting one or two units per race, this seems better

Holden

Dooraven said:

All there? Started nice then ended up being pretty bad... imo;; The new units are to much game changing..

Dooraven

syllogism said:
Haha you should have been expecting one or two units per race, this seems better

I was expecting one or two new units per race. But I was also expecting them to remove stuff that obviously didn't work for an esport (hello colossus) sigh

Holden

Dooraven said:
I was expecting one or two new units per race. But I was also expecting them to remove stuff that obviously didn't work for an esport (hello colossus) sigh

naw i was expecting the same number of new units but the removal of like half of the units added in sc2; Guess not, but i somehow wonder if this new stuff will hurt esports by being so game changing

i read that somebody heard that the thor is removed.

Rubashov

StopMakingSense said:
Wait, whats the "burrow charge ultra ability"? Does that mean it can burrow and heal?
I thought of a Koolaid Man attack, bursting out of the ground like a boss. Maybe the "charge" part means that it can tunnel underground a short distance before it comes up.

edit: And that corruptor ability sounds like it'll be the first thing on the chopping block. No one will be excited about that.

Holden

took some quotes from TL which pretty much represent how i feel after all these news

The more I think about it the more I really, really don't like the idea of the replicant.

I want to play Protoss, with Protoss units.

Well, there's new kinds of rocks so I guess they provided everything we really wanted.

protoss player here.

absolutely love the zerg units.

protoss units are dumb

terran units are even dumber

Zen

Banned
Hugoboss21 said:
took some quotes from TL which pretty much represent how i feel after all these news

The replicant seems like a way of bringing mind control back to the Protoss fold.

I'm actually very dissapointed about the mothership being removed, at least with my current understanding. I think it added a nice layer to ZvP and was just starting to come into its own even if it would never be standard, the same way you don't always see the BC viking endgame transition in TvT.

Rubashov said:
From /r/starcraft mod's twitter:

http://twitter.com/#!/aceanuu

So they're buffed from WoL and have that mega AOE damage thing from SP, goody. It seems like they're nearly back to 'the one end game unit' that each race was initially going to get.

I wonder if they cost only 600 minerals? No gas?!

Fuck you zerg players, hellions still won't cost gas except maybe an individual morph upgrade per hellion similar to banes

MrKnives

Bubble attack!

bubbleunit.png

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
BLUIE FLAME IS BACKKK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom