• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holden

Protoss: mineral shields, new nexus defensive ability, and............ Cloning?

Cloning sounds terrible
Mineral shields...?
New nexus ability PLZ BE SHIELD BATTERY or is that the use of mineral shield...hmmm

Corran Horn said:
France? ewwww holdens home..

atleast we don't each freedom frys and aren't fat
we steal MC's money

Dooraven

oh lol reddit yeah.

uAvmT.jpg

qZR1c.jpg

Holden

wow i hate capital ships... Hope its not a fucking mothership unit
i like the oracle but i don't really like the cloning thingy

Q8D3vil said:
so it seem that blizzard want mech to be the main army in hots.
awesome.

Less micro fuck ya!!!!

MrKnives

Hard to say anything really. Descriptions are always weird and don't really say much how the units functions in MP

Need gameplay footage

Dooraven said:
Tempest and Warhound seem to be additions to help deal with Mass Mutas better.

If Tempest is a Capital Ship (a la Mothership/Brood Lord/Carrier) it wouldn't be out soon enough to deal with Mutas before Blink Stalker anyway.

MrKnives

I actually think they will leave MS and remove carrier. Right now in description Carrier is Protoss Capital ship. So sad if Carrier leaves :(

Snowman said:
Sounds good to me! Although maybe we should wait to see how each unit actually plays before we jump to conclusions.

and how much they cost

and how much food they require

and what building them come from

and where in the tech tree they are

and how they work or move at all

Dooraven

Yeah hopefully the Tempest is a replacement for the VR and not the Carrier since the VR lorewise was supposed to replace the Carrier as the protoss flagship.

Deadly

AmFreak said:
SC2 / HOTS
Void-Ray / Tempest
Hellion / Battle Hellion
Thor / Warhound
Observer / Oracle
Replacements? VR =( I don't see why the Battle Hellion would replace the Hellion though when it clearly says NEW TRANSFORMATION MODE

Rubashov

Dooraven said:
Yeah hopefully the Tempest is a replacement for the VR and not the Carrier since the VR lorewise was supposed to replace the Carrier as the protoss flagship.
The strong ground beam for the Tempest definitely sounds like Void Ray.

Snowman

But the voidray is actually a relatively useful unit currently, i think it's far more likely to replace either carriers or the mothership.

AmFreak

Deadly said:
Replacements? VR =( I don't see why the Battle Hellion would replace the Hellion though when it clearly says NEW TRANSFORMATION MODE

I don't know if they will get replaced, but the left side becomes kind of redundant with the right side. Tempest sounds like a VR for ground and corsair against air.
Hellion becomes Battle Hellion. Warhound sounds exactly like Thor but smaller. Oracle COULD be Observer + extra abilities.

Rubashov

I wonder if the Swarm Host is an indicator of changes to Infested Terran. Burrowed Infestors are already so good that the Host would have to be pretty pimp to become a better alternative, unless they plan on removing Infested Terrans from the Infestor.

Holden

why are people panicing about the units for zerg? only 2? If i only get 3 units im not paying 50$ for this shitty expansion... Im sure there will be more...

V_Arnold

Hugoboss21 said:
why are people panicing about the units for zerg? only 2? If i only get 3 units im not paying 50$ for this shitty expansion... Im sure there will be more...

Are you insane, men? Or just 15 years old :D
Seriously....

Do not buy this "shitty expansion". You will be better off without all the whining, and we will be better off without this.

Do not expect more than 2-3 units per races, MAX.

Deadly

Hugoboss21 said:
I doubt they're going to add so many...There will probably be a bunch added that are SP only.

Dooraven

Remember these are just the new units. Old units from SC1 could also be coming back. (please reaver please reaver please reaver) because I freaking hope they do get rid of the colossus.

Hugoboss21 said:

Uh this is an Esports tiltle, they're not going to mess up everything. They'll be 2-5 units per race max and they'll get rid of old crappy units.

Holden

here's arnold defending the greedy blizzard....

I'm not buying HOTS if they charge it more then 40$ and if this is the only content

40$ for 9ish units that will appear that anybody in the sc2 community could make.

Dooraven said:
Remember these are just the new units. Old units from SC1 could also be coming back. (please reaver please reaver please reaver) because I freaking hope they do get rid of the colossus.

Uh this is an Esports tiltle, they're not going to mess up everything. They'll be 2-5 units per race max and they'll get rid of old crappy units.

Ya but HOPEFULLY they remove the bad units.. units will need to be replaced

AppleMIX

Burrowed moveable banelings, awww yeah!

Hugoboss21 said:

I'm not buying HOTS if they charge it more then 40$ and if this is the only content

40$ for 9ish units that will appear that anybody in the sc2 community could make.

So you didn't buy Broodwar then?

I mean it's basically the same amount of content.

V_Arnold

Hugoboss21 said:

Oh god, continue! :D Go on.
You had no friggin idea what to expect from an e-sport-centered title's expansion, and now you are salty. Amazing :D

Hugoboss21 said:

$40 is what Blizzard has always charged for expansions and it will include the entire campaign and completely different multiplayer. Stop your whining.

Deadly

Hugoboss21 said:

Totally agree that the damn expansions are probably not worth a whole 60$. Probably going to end up buying them anyways =(
ShallNoiseUpon said:
$40 is what Blizzard has always charged for expansions and it will include the entire campaign and completely different multiplayer. Stop your whining.
Remember they keep saying that these "expansions" are their own full fledged games.

Keikaku

Hugoboss21 said:

Man, if all you're going to do it whine about balance and how shitty the game is again, it looks like it was a mistake to take you off my block list.

Seriously, you can contribute some awesome posts when you aren't constantly whining.

EDIT: Whatever, blocked. Makes the thread a bit nicer to read.

Q8D3vil

Hugoboss21 said:
please don't buy it.
i'm bored of reading your post bitching how easy the game compared to bw.
i'm willing throw so many oil money of this expansion, hopefully there is LE

Holden

Keikaku said:
Man, if all you're going to do it whine about balance and how shitty the game is again, it looks like it was a mistake to take you off my block list.

Seriously, you can contribute some awesome posts when you aren't constantly whining.

EDIT: Whatever, blocked. Makes the thread a bit nicer to read.

i'm not talking about fucking balance here, im talking about blizzard charging you 9 units for 40 fucking dollars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom