• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

V_Arnold

Hugoboss21 said:
i don't play sc2 for a single player... i take it as a "bonus"

Alright, then luckily you can use your "fucking" head.
You are still here? Playing SCII? Yeah? One year after release. 60$ for how many hours?
Now, if you are in for multiplayer, playing with the new metagame and the new maps (obviously, there will be) and with the potential new units, you have another 100*n hours of playtime for 40-50-60$.

Now go and whine some more. That is free, apparently.

zlatko

Banned
Tried some ladder today after 3 months. Reminded why I stopped. ZvZ is such a piece of shit.

Beat a Terran just now. It's matching me with silver leaguers. I guess I was away too long to have it keep pitting me against platinums anymore.

BigAT

Hugoboss21 said:
so i gotta pay 40$ for 9 units...sweet
tJd42.jpg

MrKnives

Do it want to pay 36.60€ for this Expansion. No, not really.
Will I? yes. Why? Because I want to continue playing this game.

I understand the hate that they are charging full game prize (I don't know if they will) but they said long time ago already that they will add 2-3 units per race so why so surprised?

V_Arnold said:
Alright, then luckily you can use your "fucking" head.
You are still here? Playing SCII? Yeah? One year after release. 60$ for how many hours?
Now, if you are in for multiplayer, playing with the new metagame and the new maps (obviously, there will be) and with the potential new units, you have another 100*n hours of playtime for 40-50-60$.

Now go and whine some more. That is free, apparently.

They're probably going to add new BNet2 features too.

Holden

ShallNoiseUpon said:
They're probably going to add new BNet2 features too.

readd the features of bnet 1.0 :lol This is actually probably why they didn't add in WoL, So that ppl will buy HotS for the new features.....

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wow... so reading the new terran units...

We need gas to win now?

zlatko

Banned
U guys are getting salty over an expansion? Mother of God.

V_Arnold hold me. ; ;

I'm excited for more SC2, and I think the current game could SERIOUSLY use a big breath of fresh air in the form of new MP juice. You guys are high if you think it's JUST 9 units for MP. You'll probably get a new redesign and added features to B.net, maps, and who knows what else.

I can't wait. SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY BLIZZARD!

...also switching to Protoss. Dem new units sound smexy. :D

Keikaku

It looks like the Warhound is now stepping into the Goliath role. Hopefully that means that Thors have been removed (please let this be the case!)

XSq1y.jpg

Carrier RIP

EDIT: Doors are open now. The aoe spine crawler is a Shredder. It costs 150/150 and comes from the factory. It does nothing in its mobile form, but when you plant it in the ground making it stationary, it fires a quick aoe pulse in a visible, kind of large radius. The hitch is, if friendly units are standing near it, it won't fire the pulse. It has to be alone. Good for map control, and blocking expansions maybe.

The transforming unit is the hellion. I only got to see it a little but it basically just flips into a firebat sort of thing and fires in a different pattern, more like a cone than a line. It's slower in its firebat form, as it's walking around.

Goliath substitute is the Warhound, also from the factory. Shoots rockets at air kind of like a thor, but no/weaker splash and actually a really weak base attack. Its ground to ground attack looks like it's firing a tazer at its enemy. Decently quick fire rate, good for support I think, not viable to mass them.

Burrow moveable banelings. That is all.

Reverse dark swarm is just disruption web from the corsair, you guys were right. It's fired from the new "Viper" unit. This unit can also cast a spell to make any unit a detector. Overseers are out of the game. Viper's last spell is 100 energy (out of 200) and it pulls any unit from range to itself, like Scorpion's "Get over here!" or a chameleon tongue. I did it on an ultralisk and laughed.

Protoss mineral shields come from a new flying raider unit. It coats enemy minerals in little white bubbles/shields that must be attacked down or time expired. My SCVs freaked out when Artosis did it to me, so my marines came and cleaned up the shield things.

The new nexus defensive ability seems to be decent for super early game, not much else. Basically you can cast it on any of your structures and it gives it a weak attack. Artosis built a pylon in my mineral line and cast the new spell on it. My SCVs killed it and it only managed to take one SCV to 5 health. Not sure if this will be changed.

Cloning? Looks like another unit, the replicant, can also transform itself like a shapeshifter into an enemy unit that it gets in melee range with. Artosis cloned my shredder, warhound, and an SCV and began building a command center with it.

There's more stuff in the demo, but I only got to play one round and observe the Zerg stuff after my session was over.

OH and the destructible rocks are actually a new thing. There are rocks that you can attack to CLOSE paths called collapsible rocks. This really confused me at first, I thought it was a bug, but it's a defensive measure you can choose to use.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
WHERE IS THE CARRIER

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=277788

Quantic teaming up with IM.

As a result of this partnership, all Incredible Miracle players competing internationally will do so under the “Quantic Incredible Miracle” name with the tag “QIM”. As another initial step in this partnership, two players within Quantic Gaming have been approved to use the QIM tag, both internationally and in Korea: Kim "QIMSaSe" Hammar and Steven "QIMDestiny" Bonnell. Both players will be permitted to train within the IM House in Seoul, with SaSe moving into this house permanently and Destiny visiting the house in the near future as a special guest.

FUUUUUUUUUCK SO MUCH AWESOMENESS AND NEWS.

Still need dat EG announcement.

Holden

Q8D3vil said:
the defensive ability from the nexus seems to address the early ling harass.

i would say against early marine pushes tbh... If you lose to a zerling harass then you are just terrible..i guess its cool vs 6 pool;;

Dooraven

Bye Bye Carrier :(

Also the Protoss Harrassment units sounds like it sucks badly. Really delay mining for a bit? Zealot warpins do the exact same thing ...

MrKnives

So bunker rushes werent strong enough so they decided to give them a defencive mobile aoe structure they can rush with? Sounds reasonable

Q8D3vil

Hugoboss21 said:
i would say against early marine pushes tbh... If you lose to a zerling harass then you are just terrible..i guess its cool vs 6 pool;;
when is the last time we saw marine push in tvp that ended up with the terran winning ?

Q8D3vil

MrKnives said:
So bunker rushes werent strong enough so they decided to give them a defencive mobile aoe structure they can rush with? Sounds reasonable
i'm sure it requires engineering bay.
EFE incoming :D

Holden

Q8D3vil said:
when is the last time we saw marine push in tvp that ended up with the terran winning ?

blizzard loves casuals;

3rd spell looks like mass recall, which we be completely op so i doubt

wait that shield thing actually does dmg. Damn thats really strong;;

gaf running slow :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom