• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Q8D3vil said:
mc just got 2 rax cheese from happy in the wcg qualifiers.
it was glorious.
protoss macro builds aren't immune to everything: make any building a photon cannon for 75 energy.

MrKnives

Pandaman said:
protoss macro builds aren't immune to everything: make any building a photon cannon for 75 energy.

I'm pretty sure it's less than 75

I remember some MLG guy writing about how he god cheesed and talks how it costs only 50 energy.

fanboi

Banned
MrKnives said:
I'm pretty sure it's less than 75

I remember some MLG guy writing about how he god cheesed and talks how it costs only 50 energy.

God damn...

Is it just me and Knives that, if, we get beta we will stop playing WoL alltogether?

lol

Can't believe MVP won that, what a complete failure by MC, threw away ridiculous amount of units when he was double the supply and double the mining.

MrKnives

fanboi said:
God damn...

Is it just me and Knives that, if, we get beta we will stop playing WoL alltogether?

Doubt we are the only ones.

Also I guess it's 25 energy for Arc Shield

AcS9CN1CAAA3mn5.jpg

fanboi

Banned
MrKnives said:
Doubt we are the only ones.

Also I guess it's 25 energy for Arc Shield

AcS9CN1CAAA3mn5.jpg

Hmm, yeah.

Also was it the concensus of building a macro hatch next to the rocks in the third on taldarim and mine to it untill you get units to kill the rocks?

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
fanboi said:
Hmm, yeah.

Also was it the concensus of building a macro hatch next to the rocks in the third on taldarim and mine to it untill you get units to kill the rocks?
yes. since there are diminishing returns on workers 16-24 there is a point where it is more efficient to distance mine [and ofcourse the 25th worker is always better distance mining]. So if you are zerg and your build profits from a macro hatch there's no reason not to put it by the rocks.

just one of those quirks in starcrafts economy system that zerg can use thanks to the hatchery system.

fanboi

Banned
Pandaman said:
yes. since there are diminishing returns on workers 16-24 there is a point where it is more efficient to distance mine [and ofcourse the 25th worker is always better distance mining]. So if you are zerg and your build profits from a macro hatch there's no reason not to put it by the rocks.

just one of those quirks in starcrafts economy system that zerg can use thanks to the hatchery system.
Yeah... true

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Today is a goooooooood day!

It's Yoshichan date-simulator all over again :D

Wish me good luck guys!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
It went awesome guys :D

fanboi said:
Guy girl or penguin?
What do you take me for?! Penguin, of course!

Girl

Short, but sweet as hell~

edit: Also tried out HotS, it was fun as heck but I still don't see the point of the Warbringer or w/e it's called! And shredder against Toss units isn't good :(

Yoshichan

Kas be trolling :p

Also been playing HotS-mod for a good 2 hours now... :lol so hilariously bad

Yoshichan

MrKnives said:
Why bad? It's kinda fun. The bugs are annoying though.
The bugs! And skins are super important for the new units :p So are hotkeys. And pretty much everything else (full energy at start. Ghosts from standard rax with no tech. Etc) XD

Yoshichan

Does MMR reset after season?

Yoshichan

MrKnives said:
No.

MMR never resets. Except when HotS comes of course
Excellent! Thanks!

Yoshichan

I already showed you guys my previous two
penguins

I want more ground with her before I start spouting out pictures :p

Yoshichan

I really don't get the Tempest... does it only do AoE-damage against units in the air? Because it doesn't seem to hit multiple units on the ground...

MrKnives

Yoshichan said:
I really don't get the Tempest... does it only do AoE-damage against units in the air? Because it doesn't seem to hit multiple units on the ground...

AoE air, shitty slow attack to ground.

Snow

MrKnives said:
No.

MMR never resets. Except when HotS comes of course
I think it might if you don't play for more than two seasons. Or at the very least you have to play the full five placement matches again at that point instead of just one, which happened to a buddy of mine that quit playing for a while.

Yoshichan

MrKnives said:
AoE air, shitty slow attack to ground.
Ah, that explains it! Thanks!

Dooraven

Yoshichan said:

Yes.

In general it's a pretty niche unit that was designed to counter a very very specific situation. If they really thought that mass mutas were a problem then actually fix pheonixes so they counter mutas.

Yoshichan

Dooraven said:
Yes.

In general it's a pretty niche unit that was designed to counter a very very specific situation. If they really thought that mass mutas were a problem then actually fix pheonixes so they counter mutas.
They should be good against mass/stacked corrupters too right?

edit: Also, anyone know the "buff" Thor got in HotS?

MrKnives

I think Thor is even bigger with even more hp and his bombardment attack does ground aoe with A LOT of damage. Lost his air aoe though.
Oh and only 1

Vaporak

Yoshichan said:
They should be good against mass/stacked corrupters too right?

edit: Also, anyone know the "buff" Thor got in HotS?

IIRC the reports from Blizzcon was that the Tempest sucked vs Corrupters.

Dooraven

Yeah The Tempest got destroyed by corrupters at blizzcon. Also it only has 5 range.

Just get rid of the unit and give pheonixes overload if they really think that mass mutas were that big of a problem.

Snow

If you watch the TL interview with Browder, the warhounds are basically intended as Thors without the pathing issues and being able to scale in usefulness a bit more gradually. The new Thor is a replacement for the mothership, which was intended for lower level players but was too hard to control for those players, while at the same time not useful for higher level players. They're hoping the new Thor is a basically a Mothership that doesn't need as much control that low level players can't manage.

Dooraven

Watch pros find a way to make it viable like they did with the mothership (ms in late game PvZ is a must) and dustin browder will shit bricks lol.

Yoshichan

Vaporak said:
IIRC the reports from Blizzcon was that the Tempest sucked vs Corrupters.
Wow, that's a pity.

Also a pity that Thor air AoE is gone... :(

Yoshichan

MrKnives said:
Well you now have Warhound air AoE damage. Doubt you will ever go for Fusion Core - Thor for your anti-air.
Shit, you're 100% correct. I forgot, can I go Warhound right after techlab? Got a video of the Warhound AoE? Because I've only seen the pew-pew-gun on ground :eek:

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Yoshichan said:
Shit, you're 100% correct. I forgot, can I go Warhound right after techlab? Got a video of the Warhound AoE? Because I've only seen the pew-pew-gun on ground :eek:
same splash as the thor, half the damage.
4+4 x2 vs 4+4 x4

Yoshichan

Pandaman said:
same splash as the thor, half the damage.
4+4 x2 vs 4+4 x4
Sounds like a fair trade to me. I hated the Thor so fucking much. It's even worse than the Carrier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom